Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #16
Benson
seeking snappy title.
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I'm hopin that's Canadian...there'd have to be somethin really special about a C4 for it to go for that much American.

25000 Canadian is 22000 American, not a big difference.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #17
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson
25000 Canadian is 22000 American, not a big difference.
Well then there shoulda been somethin special about it anyway lol
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:14 AM   #18
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...6&pgno=2&srt=1
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...2&pgno=2&srt=1
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...1&pgno=1&srt=1
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...5&pgno=1&srt=1

Here's four C4 Corvettes, some well over $25,000. And of course its Canadian funds, I happen to be Canadian. Not that theres a huge difference in value these days.

Quote:
I see C4 'Vettes go for under 10k, also.

Yes, but you could see any car for an extremely low price, depends on whats wrong with it. Thats not really a valid argument, I've proved my point.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #19
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Here's four C4 Corvettes, some well over $25,000. And of course its Canadian funds, I happen to be Canadian. Not that theres a huge difference in value these days.

Yes, but you could see any car for an extremely low price, depends on whats wrong with it. Thats not really a valid argument, I've proved my point.
No, what you've done is proven your point with facts that you have selectively chosen to support your opinion, and then at the same time proven his point with your words. Right now at this very second, Autotrader lists 562 C4 Corvettes for $10k or less, many of them very nice cars.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...7 6&x=55&y=12

So, doing things your way, it seems I've won by a score of 562 to 4. Who's point is proven and who's argument is invalid now?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:15 AM   #20
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
No, what you've done is proven your point with facts that you have selectively chosen to support your opinion, and then at the same time proven his point with your words. Right now at this very second, Autotrader lists 562 C4 Corvettes for $10k or less, many of them very nice cars.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...7 6&x=55&y=12

So, doing things your way, it seems I've won by a score of 562 to 4. Who's point is proven and who's argument is invalid now?

Well Hobocop, I guess you're right. You can now go rub that pimple between your legs, since I'm sure this victory has caused it to double in size.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:33 AM   #21
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Well Hobocop, I guess you're right. You can now go rub that pimple between your legs, since I'm sure this victory has caused it to double in size.
When you become a man instead of the adolescent that you are, you'll be able to accept differing viewpoints and more importantly facts. It's a shame that instead of being able to see that someone, somewhere, might have some insight that you don't and learn from it, you just go for the cheap shot by calling names and making insinuations.

The bottom line is that you SELECTIVELY chose facts to support your opinion. That is worse than simply being wrong because it requires intent. Shame on you little boy, time for you to go back and play with all the other wannabes.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:58 AM   #22
$MAJIK$
CF Newbie
 
$MAJIK$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8
no cars maintain their value good at all.
$MAJIK$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:07 AM   #23
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
When you become a man instead of the adolescent that you are, you'll be able to accept differing viewpoints and more importantly facts. It's a shame that instead of being able to see that someone, somewhere, might have some insight that you don't and learn from it, you just go for the cheap shot by calling names and making insinuations.

The bottom line is that you SELECTIVELY chose facts to support your opinion. That is worse than simply being wrong because it requires intent. Shame on you little boy, time for you to go back and play with all the other wannabes.

Yup gotta say Mathew that was pretty ignorant to respond with. None-the-less to not even go check out and see hwo many were under 10k. In that one thread cars your see yourself in the future I said I planned on eventually buying one, reason being nice ones can be had for cheap.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:27 AM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by $MAJIK$
no cars maintain their value good at all.
And now we have this Twink adding in his absolutely worthless two cents. An hour ago he was a 14 year old student from Colorado, now he's a 100 year old mercenary from Jamaica. I think he's just another e-diot.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:33 AM   #25
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
And now we have this Twink adding in his absolutely worthless two cents. An hour ago he was a 14 year old student from Colorado, now he's a 100 year old mercenary from Jamaica. I think he's just another e-diot.

I wouldn't even have wasted my time replying to him, which is why I didn't.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:40 AM   #26
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
I wouldn't even have wasted my time replying to him, which is why I didn't.
I didn't reply to him, I spoke about him. Now he's trying to start some sh*t in another thread. We apparently have another douche bag in our midst.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:44 AM   #27
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I didn't reply to him, I spoke about him. Now he's trying to start some sh*t in another thread. We apparently have another douche bag in our midst.

Alas you are correct, and which thread is that I wonder, I'll have to go take a look see.
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:44 AM   #28
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master
 
67Coronet383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Under a hood, Georgia
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
And now we have this Twink adding in his absolutely worthless two cents. An hour ago he was a 14 year old student from Colorado, now he's a 100 year old mercenary from Jamaica. I think he's just another e-diot.

E-tard, remember?
__________________
67Coronet383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:12 AM   #29
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Yup gotta say Mathew that was pretty ignorant to respond with. None-the-less to not even go check out and see hwo many were under 10k. In that one thread cars your see yourself in the future I said I planned on eventually buying one, reason being nice ones can be had for cheap.

Lol, I love it how people suck up to Hobocop. Its just like in school, the bullies always seemed to have a lot of friends, but it was only to avoid being bullied.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:14 AM   #30
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
When you become a man instead of the adolescent that you are, you'll be able to accept differing viewpoints and more importantly facts. It's a shame that instead of being able to see that someone, somewhere, might have some insight that you don't and learn from it, you just go for the cheap shot by calling names and making insinuations.

The bottom line is that you SELECTIVELY chose facts to support your opinion. That is worse than simply being wrong because it requires intent. Shame on you little boy, time for you to go back and play with all the other wannabes.

What, did you change your ways? Last I remembered you were the high chancellor of cheap shots and name calling. I thought I'd take a page out of your book instead of making a rational argument. But, like I said, you're the pro.
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.