Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2004, 04:35 AM   #1
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

Smokeless Tobacco(I.E. Chew, Dip, Snuff)

I was wondering if anyone in here used any smokeless products? I am an avid user of Skoal Moist snuff. Personally to me theres nothing better than loading in a nice pinch and cruising. I think the nicotine helps me think while I'm driving and gives me better reaction time. Please I don't want any replys speaking about how gross it is, or how I'm going to get mouth cancer.

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:39 AM   #2
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra_LS
Please I don't want any replys speaking about how gross it is, or how I'm going to get mouth cancer.

in that case don't count on much in the way of positive replies...

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:54 AM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone in here used any smokeless products? I am an avid user of Skoal Moist snuff. Personally to me theres nothing better than loading in a nice pinch and cruising. I think the nicotine helps me think while I'm driving and gives me better reaction time. Please I don't want any replys speaking about how gross it is, or how I'm going to get mouth cancer.
Well then you shouldn't have brought up the subject.

1. Nicotine is medically proven to slow your thought process and physical reaction times. Undisputable facts.

2. It is gross and you are going to get mouth cancer, but you already know that.

3. Before you make any decisions you need to know that I used Copenhagen essentially every day for over 20 years. Just like you I chose to ingnore the medical facts and how it adversely affected my personal life. Just like I'm sure you do, I lied to myself and said I could quit anytime. Just like thousands of others I was wrong. I'm proud to say that as of today I've been 100% nicotine free since 01/01/2004. That's 91 days. I highly recommend quiting to you, especially while you're young and there is less chance of damage. Unless you want to look like this guy. If you want help I can tell you how to start.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:06 AM   #4
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Is that the guy's toungue (sp?) in the second pic???

Anywho, I used to smoke. As little as I like to admit to it, I did. I even got caught once when I was nine (I started when I was eight). I am proud of myself in one way though. I haven't had one since 4/25/03

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:08 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Is that the guy's toungue (sp?) in the second pic???

Anywho, I used to smoke. As little as I like to admit to it, I did. I even got caught once when I was nine (I started when I was eight). I am proud of myself in one way though. I haven't had one since 4/25/03
That's exactly what it is. Bet the chicks dig that, huh?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-01-2004, 05:11 AM   #6
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

2. It is gross and you are going to get mouth cancer, but you already know that. = Quote from VWhobo.

1.It is gross, personal oppinion, but I won't dispute
2.I used smokeless primarily to quit smoking, which has taken years off my life.
3.You are going to get mouth cancer, Maybe, But I chose my vice and I will stick with it. Plus the statisics for oral cancer in snuff users is FAR FAR FAR less than lung cancer in smokers.

I have also read from sources that it can impede your performance, but in some cases it is shown to improve it. Of course, that is like the dispute between the physical addictiveness of Marijuana, which only occurs in around 2% of users.

Anyways, that's all I have to say. Thanks for the replies.

<Power to Weight>

Old 04-01-2004, 05:16 AM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
2. It is gross and you are going to get mouth cancer, but you already know that. = Quote from VWhobo.

1.It is gross, personal oppinion, but I won't dispute
2.I used smokeless primarily to quit smoking, which has taken years off my life.
3.You are going to get mouth cancer, Maybe, But I chose my vice and I will stick with it. Plus the statisics for oral cancer in snuff users is FAR FAR FAR less than lung cancer in smokers.

I have also read from sources that it can impede your performance, but in some cases it is shown to improve it. Of course, that is like the dispute between the physical addictiveness of Marijuana, which only occurs in around 2% of users.

Anyways, that's all I have to say. Thanks for the replies.
Now step back and with a clear mind re-read your post. All you did was justify your addiction like anyone else who is an addict. I'll let it go here because it's your life. Good luck.

Old 04-01-2004, 05:20 AM   #8
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

Some people get addicted to pringles, I got addicted to snuff.

I will not say it's a good habit, nor will I encourage its use. And I do agree with you hobo for the most part.

<Power to Weight>

Old 12-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I just saw this thread and thought I'd update it. As of New Yeras Eve, I'll be tobacco free for two years, that's 730 days. Congratulations to me. As a side note, if anybody is using and would like help getting off of it, please PM me for info. I'll be glad to help.

Old 12-30-2005, 12:36 AM   #10
windman
CF Enthusiast

congrats
windman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:25 AM   #11
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Plus the statisics for oral cancer in snuff users is FAR FAR FAR less than lung cancer in smokers.

It's possible the snuff is also impeding your common sense...common sense would tell you...if you had it (is this guy still on the forums?) that there are "far, far, far," more smokers than dippers...hence the "statistics"

Either way...enjoy your vice.

Congrats vwhobo!!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:32 AM   #12
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I just saw this thread and thought I'd update it. As of New Yeras Eve, I'll be tobacco free for two years, that's 730 days. Congratulations to me. As a side note, if anybody is using and would like help getting off of it, please PM me for info. I'll be glad to help.

I believe 2004 was a leap year, hence 366 days in the year, and therefore you would be 731 days tobacco free

Congrats
Old 12-30-2005, 02:16 AM   #13
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

I've tried chew, both straight cut, long cut, and pouch......the only one that i would possibly consider keeping up is pouch...but thats not a yen of mine..

I do smoke though...have for about four years, and I want to quit. It's a hell of a lot easier said then done.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:42 AM   #14
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
smoker going on aboot 6 years, hate it, would love to quit, am shootin for new years resolution again........damn will power just aint what it used to be.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:18 AM   #15
nick27
CF Enthusiast

but how could guys like start? ive tried a few times and smoking sucks... tastes bad and u cough and spiut to no end... plus the first time ur throat feels all dry and kills...
nick27 is offline   Reply With Quote