Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 02:46 AM   #1
Benson
seeking snappy title.
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 543
Protest on Civil Rights and Immigration

THE AMERICAN FLAG COMES SECOND

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks.

You should.



03/28 : Student protest in Whittier area students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed federal immigration bill March 27, 2006. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High.

(Leo Jarzomb/Staff photo)



More:














Meanwhile: Mexico Cheers Passage of Immigration Bill

Like I said: Welcome to reconquista.



I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington. The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail. Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be "redistributed" to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the "fray". Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one.........





Even though I'm Canadian, this is pretty brutal.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:53 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I heard about that, and it really does suck...I can't see why they're doing that

But on a side not, we learned about Montebello High School in Spanish lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 AM   #3
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
I'm mexican, and I think that its stupid what they are doing...the mexican people are trying to prove a point by ditching class and protesting and rebeling against the power....to me its stupid, just get on with your damn lives and don't come into the country illegally.
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:00 AM   #4
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Whoa, idk wht's worse, taht or Roper.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:33 AM   #5
OombaIsBack
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 285
You know for people who love Mexico so much they sure are trying to get over here alot.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:38 AM   #6
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson
I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington. The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail. Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be "redistributed" to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the "fray". Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one.........

Even though I'm Canadian, this is pretty brutal.
First of all, that flag thing is WRONG, 2ndly, that was just one group of people. To say that all Mexicans are like this, or do this, or agree with this, is ridiculous.

3rdly, what exactly are you trying to do by "sending this to every American you know"? I'll tell you what, you're spreading hatred. Your feeding the hatred that most ignorant Americans have against minorities. How do I know, because those pictures pissed me the **** off, and I'm Mexican.

Let's stop it here. I've seen similar threads like this one (immigration) on other forums and they've all ended in racist flame wars. This thread needs to get locked before it gets out of control.

BTW, don't use the term reconquista if you don't know what it means or what it was.
__________________

Last edited by elchango36 : 04-28-2006 at 06:07 AM.
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:33 AM   #7
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
First of all, that flag thing is WRONG, 2ndly, that was just one group of people. To say that all Mexicans are like this, or do this, or agree with this, is ridiculous.

3rdly, what exactly are you trying to do by "sending this to every American you know"? I'll tell you what, you're spreading hatred. Your feeding the hatred that most ignorant Americans have against minorities. How do I know, because those pictures pissed me the **** off, and I'm Mexican.

Let's stop it here. I've seen similar threads like this one (immigration) on other forums and they've all ended in racist flame wars. This thread needs to get locked before it gets out of control.

BTW, don't use the term reconquista if you don't know what it means or what it was.

I agree with most of what you said

(next thing doesn't portain to you elchango) I'm mexican and those pictures don't offend me. I think its stupid for people to get offended so easily, my friends bought me a T-shirt that said "hecho in mexico" and I wore it around for a day. I came up to another mexican and he got mad at me because he said it was offensive. Its a F'ing T-shirt, it reminds me of a time where me and my friends made t-shirts and I had to take it off because some lady found it offensive...(it was technically) it said "suck my male reproductive organ". I still think that people are uptight and anal so they just can't let human beings be human beings.
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:45 AM   #8
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
I agree with most of what you said

(next thing doesn't portain to you elchango) I'm mexican and those pictures don't offend me. I think its stupid for people to get offended so easily, my friends bought me a T-shirt that said "hecho in mexico" and I wore it around for a day. I came up to another mexican and he got mad at me because he said it was offensive. Its a F'ing T-shirt, it reminds me of a time where me and my friends made t-shirts and I had to take it off because some lady found it offensive...(it was technically) it said "suck my male reproductive organ". I still think that people are uptight and anal so they just can't let human beings be human beings.
I don't think you quite understand what these ****ing high school idiots did. Take another look at the pics. It's extremely offensive. Not only did they put the Mexican flag on top of the US flag, they put the US flag up upside-down. That was extremly disrespectful. It's falls under the same level as flag burning, you just don't do it w/o offending people. This is gonna lead to more hatred and rasicm at a critical time in history where we need to open our eyes to the facts, not the lies. Why is it that's its always a few people that **** it up for the rest of us?
__________________

Last edited by elchango36 : 04-28-2006 at 06:48 AM.
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:56 AM   #9
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning
 
salimander13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: southern cali
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
I don't think you quite understand what these ****ing high school idiots did. Take another look at the pics. It's extremely offensive. Not only did they put the Mexican flag on top of the US flag, they put the US flag up upside-down. That was extremly disrespectful. It's falls under the same level as flag burning, you just don't do it w/o offending people. This is gonna lead to more hatred and rasicm at a critical time in history where we need to open our eyes to the facts, not the lies. Why is it that's its always a few people that **** it up for the rest of us?

I agreed that those kids were idiots. I was just telling a story that happened to me on a smaller value. The reason why they don't affend me is because I'm not patriotic If they were burning a mexican flag I wouldn't care, If they burned a american flag I wouldn't care, any kind of flag. I only love 10 things in this universe, its sad I know, but thats me. I also agree with your new statement that its always a few idiots who ruin it for everyone else.
__________________
salimander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Why is it that's its always a few people that **** it up for the rest of us?

Because they feel that their opinion on what to do is more important than actually being right. They are expressing their opinion, as wrong and as offensive as it is. And speaking out against it is also voicing an opinion, even if it's racist.


See what happens when you let the idea that "it's just my opinion" be the determining factor in an argument? And why you can't just "let" people have and express any old opinion that pops into their heads?
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Because they feel that their opinion on what to do is more important than actually being right. They are expressing their opinion, as wrong and as offensive as it is. And speaking out against it is also voicing an opinion, even if it's racist.


See what happens when you let the idea that "it's just my opinion" be the determining factor in an argument? And why you can't just "let" people have and express any old opinion that pops into their heads?
There's a big difference between this and whether or not a car's ugly.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:46 PM   #12
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
There's a big difference between this and whether or not a car's ugly.


Only in target, not in mental and logistical processes. The subject has changed, but not the sort of mentality it takes to think that opinion is more important than knowledge and tact. The fact that you think there IS a difference is why we have so many problems.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:07 PM   #13
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Only in target, not in mental and logistical processes. The subject has changed, but not the sort of mentality it takes to think that opinion is more important than knowledge and tact. The fact that you think there IS a difference is why we have so many problems.
I meant that this is much more relevant and impotant. And since when do I cause problems here?
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #14
musclecarneon
Banned
 
musclecarneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 80
That is disgusting, I would like to kill those people. Anyone trying to sneak over the border should be shot on sight, no mercy. And to those f-ing mexicans ... if you like your bloody third-world country so much, WHY DON'T YOU STAY THERE????
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #15
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarneon
That is disgusting, I would like to kill those people. Anyone trying to sneak over the border should be shot on sight, no mercy. And to those f-ing mexicans ... if you like your bloody third-world country so much, WHY DON'T YOU STAY THERE????
Can you say blanket-hatred???
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.