Originally Posted by JettaChiC20
I met this guy the other night and he had a fully equiped 2002 Mitsu Eclipse. He races on Friday nights for a cople g's, and he told me the most efffed-up story. A couple weeks ago he raced a 1998 Hyndai Tiberon, and lost. To come to the conclusion the guy in the Tiberon had 2 engines (one in the front and one in the trunk). I'm sorry but that is definitely a CHEATER. I just thought I would share that with you guys.
This qualifies for my list of the dumbest thing I've ever heard anybody say. That is a huge leap to conclude that because somebody is faster he's got two engines. Let's break it down.
1. What are the chances somebody has two engines in a Tiburon and is out hustling races?
2. If this was a street race (my guess) show me the rules. Oops, I forgot, anybody stupid enough to street race probably can't read anyway.
3. If this was a bracket race the car doesn't really matter so again how is this cheating?
4. Heads up run what ya brung, it's your job to scope out the competition.
5. If this "guy" is really running for that kind of money (sure doubt it) and he got set up, well... that's part of the game. Send him my way.
Do you see a pattern here. Most likely this "guy" simply got smoked. And what little I know from your descriptions of the cars the car didn't lose. Tell him next time not to mess with his neon lights (good for 75 extra horsepower) when he's driving and maybe he'll have a chance.