Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2006, 04:03 AM   #16
dsmracersv98
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
possibly a 75-100 shot of Nitrous if you plan on racing at the track once and a while. Just remember, short bursts...not hold down the button!!!!!!

he wants to go fast, not have to rebuild the motor
dsmracersv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:19 AM   #17
bigfrye
CF Newbie

I4=not fast *but i myself actually did price some things on building a 92 cavalier once and i do know that your average parts store...autozone ect. does carry a larger cam and different pistons for that engine. I forget all of my numbers but i had it at like $550 with me doing all of the work and that included head milling ect. but then i thought..why bother when it may add 30-40 horsepower maximum. i also have a friend that put a turbo on a 98 cavalier turboed and it probably doesn't make 220 hp. my advice is to not worry about how fast your cavalier is and use it as a daily driver and save your 1500 for something else. I would also like to declare that vw bugs are not fast.
bigfrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:15 AM   #18
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfrye
I would also like to declare that vw bugs are not fast.
Why throw that one in there? after a flame war? (unless I'm missing something)....and I think you'll find most cars can be made fast!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:33 AM   #19
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfrye
I would also like to declare that vw bugs are not fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Why throw that one in there? after a flame war? (unless I'm missing something)....and I think you'll find most cars can be made fast!
No Cliffy, he's simply throwing that in there to publically display his complete and total stupidity. But you see, the good thing is that he's not alone. And the best thing is that as long as the world his idiots like him around, it makes it easier for me to roll in on a T&T night and empty out their pockets. Hey bigfrye, douche bags like you rule.

On a lighter note, has anyone ever wondered why someone would use a name like bigfrye? Probably doing his best to compensate virtually for his real world small fry. If his screen name truly described him, he'd call himself itsybitsyteenyweeny.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:49 AM   #20
19ChevyBlazer87
CF Newbie

not trying to be mean..

the guy just asked for advice...i dont care what u guys r arguing about ive read it all and it seems worthless...it doesnt matter if he asked how to get better gas milage out of a hybrid...he was probly just looking for help just like anybody else that submits to a car forum...not everybody has an unlimited bank account and can go dump a shitload into a car and maybe u should realize (for those of u who like to critisize)...and not everybody is a top of the line mechanic either...take a break on the critisizm..
19ChevyBlazer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
narcisis
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ChevyBlazer87
the guy just asked for advice...i dont care what u guys r arguing about ive read it all and it seems worthless...it doesnt matter if he asked how to get better gas milage out of a hybrid...he was probly just looking for help just like anybody else that submits to a car forum...not everybody has an unlimited bank account and can go dump a shitload into a car and maybe u should realize (for those of u who like to critisize)...and not everybody is a top of the line mechanic either...take a break on the critisizm..

I agree. Isn't he an asshole?
Old 05-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #22
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

just because i saw it earlier on cardomain

heres a really nice cavalier
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325547
he says he has a turbo and nitrous, but he probably doesnt care about performance quite so much as looks

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #23
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Guys

listen, im not wanting to drop in a turbo or even nitrous on a first car... im also not taking it the the tracks and racing or any of that shit, im looking for fast acceleration, mostly city and a lil highway driving, i also have rebuilt a car almost inside and out, so im not worried about mechanic work or getting dirty. so please, just list me somet stuff u think will help. thank u
Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #24
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jangles
listen, im not wanting to drop in a turbo or even nitrous on a first car... im also not taking it the the tracks and racing or any of that shit, im looking for fast acceleration, mostly city and a lil highway driving, i also have rebuilt a car almost inside and out, so im not worried about mechanic work or getting dirty. so please, just list me somet stuff u think will help. thank u

no turbo, no nitrous, fast acceleration ?

wait, money?

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
Old 05-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #25
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

omg

no nitrous, or turbo... i only got like 1500 and i wouldnt be using that shit anyways with my car. so please just list some aftermarket stuff that will help jesus, such as.... headers, cold air intake, short shifter,better shocks... ect.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #26
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
no nitrous, or turbo... i only got like 1500 and i wouldnt be using that shit anyways with my car. so please just list some aftermarket stuff that will help jesus, such as.... headers, cold air intake, short shifter,better shocks... ect.

ummmm, headers, cold air intake, short shifter, better shocks,
really thats about it, and it should all come to less than 1500 or around there

Old 05-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #27
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Well if you're so fully knowledgable and competent, why are you here asking us? You've done it before, just jump in and do it again. Until you figure out exactly what kind of car you're going to do this work on, you're wasting both our time and your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ChevyBlazer87
Hey, here's an idea then newb. Why don't you help him? All I've seen from you is bitching about other people. How exactly does that help the guy with his car? Answer? It f*cking doesn't. Go crawl back under your rock.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:59 AM   #28
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Again

ok, just because i have rebuilt a car, it doesnt mean that i have modded shit like adding on new stuff, so chill out. and again, i never said those parts would add up to 1500, im looking FOR ADDITIONAL IDEAS.... so PLEASE stop critizing me or anyone else and start listing stuff for just stfu thank u
Old 05-18-2006, 03:05 AM   #29
thefonz
CF Addict

Quote:
ok, just because i have rebuilt a car, it doesnt mean that i have modded shit like adding on new stuff, so chill out. and again, i never said those parts would add up to 1500, im looking FOR ADDITIONAL IDEAS.... so PLEASE stop critizing me or anyone else and start listing stuff for just stfu thank u

That's a good way to get help. Ask the right questions the right way and you might just get the help you're looking for.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:55 AM   #30
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz
[/color]

That's a good way to get help. Ask the right questions the right way and you might just get the help you're looking for.

ya dumbass... i have like 5 times and all i get is shit back... im really starting to think yall are just avoiding what id like to know just because u dont know what to say.... i CALL that someone will quote this and be like " oh what a noob" damn