Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #31
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jangles
ya dumbass... i have like 5 times and all i get is shit back... im really starting to think yall are just avoiding what id like to know just because u dont know what to say.... i CALL that someone will quote this and be like " oh what a noob" damn
Maybe because it's better to save your money and just get a better car? Just because you can afford to cover your car with neons doesn't mean you have to...
Old 05-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #32
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Okay, you keep saying the same damn things over and over. You want it to be sporty and fast, you want it to have quick acceleration. What exactly do you mean. Do you want it to be lowered for a more agressive stance and rougher ride, with a lower center of gravity and improved handling? Do you want it to have a higher top speed? Do you want a six second 0-60 time? This is one of the biggest reasons why nobody has given you a concrete answer, beyond the fact that you haven't narrowed down to exactly which one you will be getting. There are a couple engines that were used in that 5-year span of Cavv's, and the performance parts differ with the engines.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #33
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

ok

top speed isnt as important, its a 5 speed manual and im looking for fast acceleration, im already getting sports suspension to keep it low to the ground
Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #34
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ChevyBlazer87
the guy just asked for advice...i dont care what u guys r arguing about ive read it all and it seems worthless...it doesnt matter if he asked how to get better gas milage out of a hybrid...he was probly just looking for help just like anybody else that submits to a car forum...not everybody has an unlimited bank account and can go dump a shitload into a car and maybe u should realize (for those of u who like to critisize)...and not everybody is a top of the line mechanic either...take a break on the critisizm..
It's a pitty you're dead set on starting a flame war in this thread, even though some CFers have taken the time to 'help' you out, in your own thread...even after, I'm guessing, viewing your input in here!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 05-18-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:24 PM   #35
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
It's a pitty you're dead set on starting a flame war in this thread, even though some CFers have taken the time to 'help' you out, in your own thread...even after, I'm guessing, viewing your input in here!

wow cliffy, i didnt say that shit... this is my thread and u are just adding on to what i said earlier, yall just talk shit not advice... IF YOU DONT HAVE ADVICE ON WHAT TO BUY DONT TALK...im really losing faith in this forum fast...
Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:27 AM   #36
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
top speed isnt as important, its a 5 speed manual and im looking for fast acceleration, im already getting sports suspension to keep it low to the ground

Did you miss the part where he asked what ENGINE you had in it, or did you avoid it just because you don't know?

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:30 AM   #37
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Did you miss the part where he asked what ENGINE you had in it, or did you avoid it just because you don't know?
He doesn't even know what year it is, how is he supposed to know the engine size? What did I say earlier in the thread about jerking off?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:44 AM   #38
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:

Well, once you know what year/engine your getting, start looking for the bolt-ons. CAI, headers, cat-back with a high flow, port and polish, UDP. That's about all you can do, if your lucky, on that budget.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:24 AM   #39
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
wow cliffy, i didnt say that shit...
That's probably why I wasn't quoting you....I suggest you read my post (and the contained quote) again!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #40
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

his engine is ethier the 2.2l ecotec or the 2.4 (if its z24 trim)
both are not majorly(word?) different

but if its before 96 or 95 cant remember exactly, theres a chance it has a 2.8l v6

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #41
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
his engine is ethier the 2.2l ecotec or the 2.4 (if its z24 trim)
both are not majorly(word?) different

but if its before 96 or 95 cant remember exactly, theres a chance it has a 2.8l v6

wow, do your homework before you open your mouth for crying out loud. 2003 was the first year of the ecotec. before that it was either a 2.2 or a 2.3 (1995 only) or a 2.4 (1996-2002) DOHC. they stoped using the 2.8 in the cavalier in 1989. from 1990-1994 the used either a 3.1 or a 2.2. now was it really that hard?????
Old 05-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #42
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
wow, do your homework before you open your mouth for crying out loud. 2003 was the first year of the ecotec. before that it was either a 2.2 or a 2.3 (1995 only) or a 2.4 (1996-2002) DOHC. they stoped using the 2.8 in the cavalier in 1989. from 1990-1994 the used either a 3.1 or a 2.2. now was it really that hard?????
You forgot the 1.8 and the 2.0 from the earlier models , I got the damn 2.2 in the 91 cavalier wagon thats just rotting in the side of my house
Old 05-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #43
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

holy crap was I way off

i had no clue there were so many engines lol

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #44
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
holy crap was I way off

i had no clue there were so many engines lol
Which is why you've been told over and over, ad infinitum, to shut up unless you know what you're talking about. Maybe you'll reemember this time, but I'm not holding my breath.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #45
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I don't know what "street fast" for you is, but if you want to get any real improvements in performance I'm thinking you'll need nitrous, a turbo, or an engine swap. Once again, "street fast" is different for everyone. I say 14 seconds or quicker is a quick car. Others will say anything slower than 11 seconds is slow. You're going to have to be more specific than "street fast".

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote