Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
68Tempest
Banned
 
68Tempest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3
Louder sounding car

I'm getting a 68Tempest with a 350 (head work and a cam), but it doesn't really sound that great..It has dual exhaust, but to me it sounds like any other car when it starts. (Maybe I'm just use to hearing a 351 mustang all the time?) But I was wondering what you guys suggest about it. What do you guys think about glasspacks? At the other site I asked it looked like 50/50 between glasspacks and flowmaster exhaust, but none of them gave me a reason behind it. Have any of you had glasspacks? Tell me what you guys think, Thanks!
68Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Tempest
I'm getting a 68Tempest with a 350 (head work and a cam), but it doesn't really sound that great..It has dual exhaust, but to me it sounds like any other car when it starts. (Maybe I'm just use to hearing a 351 mustang all the time?) But I was wondering what you guys suggest about it. What do you guys think about glasspacks? At the other site I asked it looked like 50/50 between glasspacks and flowmaster exhaust, but none of them gave me a reason behind it. Have any of you had glasspacks? Tell me what you guys think, Thanks!
Use the search function. Glass packs have been discussed profusely around here, but I can sum them up in one sentence. Don't waste your money.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:29 PM   #3
glagon1979
daddy x3
 
glagon1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: back in Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,101
somewhere i read that glasspacks actually restrict exhaust flow. if you are looking for something cheap, go with a cheap turbo muffler. personally i like the sound of a flowmaster.
__________________
this forum is to dead to share a cool sig with everybody....
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
somewhere i read that glasspacks actually restrict exhaust flow. if you are looking for something cheap, go with a cheap turbo muffler. personally i like the sound of a flowmaster.
You read that right here, on this forum, typed by me. Hence the recommendation, use the search function.

Did you get your wiring straight?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
glagon1979
daddy x3
 
glagon1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: back in Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You read that right here, on this forum, typed by me. Hence the recommendation, use the search function.

Did you get your wiring straight?

i played with it for a while on my lunch break yesterday but still no lights. i got the flasher to work for a second but lost it in the cofusion. i blew a tranny cooler line while adjusting the valves the other day. other than that i haven't played with it much. i'll let you know in a couple of hours. im gonna mess with it more on lunch today.
__________________
this forum is to dead to share a cool sig with everybody....
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #6
Lizard King 6B
CF Enthusiast
 
Lizard King 6B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hell
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Tempest
I'm getting a 68Tempest with a 350 (head work and a cam), but it doesn't really sound that great..It has dual exhaust, but to me it sounds like any other car when it starts. (Maybe I'm just use to hearing a 351 mustang all the time?) But I was wondering what you guys suggest about it. What do you guys think about glasspacks? At the other site I asked it looked like 50/50 between glasspacks and flowmaster exhaust, but none of them gave me a reason behind it. Have any of you had glasspacks? Tell me what you guys think, Thanks!


Had glasspacks on an old Ford i used to own. Sounded great, inexpensive. They do restrict the airflow some but very little. It's like stock manifolds or headers, unless you're crankin out some serious horsepower it really doesn't matter until you get up around 5500 RPM.
Lizard King 6B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.