Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
narcisis
CF Newbie

Rim size.. 17 inches only?

Hey guys, I was looking to grab some rims so I hit a few websites to get prices. Now I know, because I've seen it, that a 95' Buick LeSabre can take 20 inch rims, not that I'm getting some but I've seen it done. However alot of sites are telling me only 17's can fit on my car, I want to grab at LEAST some 18's. Can my car actually fit a larger rim but the sites are being "safe" and telling me the stock size only fits?

Thanks for any help!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcisis
Hey guys, I was looking to grab some rims so I hit a few websites to get prices. Now I know, because I've seen it, that a 95' Buick LeSabre can take 20 inch rims, not that I'm getting some but I've seen it done. However alot of sites are telling me only 17's can fit on my car, I want to grab at LEAST some 18's. Can my car actually fit a larger rim but the sites are being "safe" and telling me the stock size only fits?

Thanks for any help!
y would u want bigger than 17'? u can just get 17's and drop the car and they will look bigger. I am sure it's possible to fit somethin over 17 might require some extra parts like spacers and stuff.. I dunno i am not an expert on that so i dont know..

and btw it's wheels not rims
Old 05-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
narcisis
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
y would u want bigger than 17'? u can just get 17's and drop the car and they will look bigger. I am sure it's possible to fit somethin over 17 might require some extra parts like spacers and stuff.. I dunno i am not an expert on that so i dont know..

and btw it's wheels not rims

Why? Well.. they're only 17s

I've seen folks on other sites put dubs on a LeSabre, so hopefully 19's will be fine.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcisis
Why? Well.. they're only 17s

I've seen folks on other sites put dubs on a LeSabre, so hopefully 19's will be fine.
There is a difference between fitting and fitting right. You also need to look at what the bigger wheel/tire combo does to vehicle dynamics such as steering, braking, etc. Just because you can put them on doesn't mean you should. if you don't care about yourself or your car, at least consider the safety of other people on the road.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
narcisis
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
There is a difference between fitting and fitting right. You also need to look at what the bigger wheel/tire combo does to vehicle dynamics such as steering, braking, etc. Just because you can put them on doesn't mean you should. if you don't care about yourself or your car, at least consider the safety of other people on the road.

You're right, however how would I see what these new dynamics are without trying it in the first place? Also, getting chrome 17 inch rims is just about pointless, it's still stock size - if you're getting rims then GET them, don't bs about it, 17's certainly will not do. If needed I'll see about getting some spacers or whatever is required to uh.. *make* them fit, heh.

One thing I do intend todo is get a better braking system, after doing abit of research alot of people say if you're getting heavier rims you'll need better brakes.