Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
mpdabc
CF Newbie

1999 chevy express 1500 van

I have a brake light problem with my 99 chevy van, the brake lights work fine until i turn on the headlights. Then when i step on the brake, the lamps that are tail light/brake lghts, dual filament bulb, go out completley. The third brake light, over the back doors works fine. Any one know what the problem may be or have this problem ? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mike
mpdabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:28 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdabc
I have a brake light problem with my 99 chevy van, the brake lights work fine until i turn on the headlights. Then when i step on the brake, the lamps that are tail light/brake lghts, dual filament bulb, go out completley. The third brake light, over the back doors works fine. Any one know what the problem may be or have this problem ? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mike
You have what is known is the industry as a ground problem. Fix the ground to the tail light assemblies and your lights will work as advertised.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
mpdabc
CF Newbie

I can get them to work correctly by wiggiling the bulb in the socket, then they won't work again five minutes later. Still think it's a ground problem ?
mpdabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdabc
I can get them to work correctly by wiggiling the bulb in the socket, then they won't work again five minutes later. Still think it's a ground problem ?
Yep. Let me re-word me previous reply. Fix the ground AT the tail light assemblies and your lights will work as advertised.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote