Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #1
LFinch1974
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 2
Question Timing Problem

I have a 69 Chevy 350 V8, and I am having a problem getting it to time up. Any suggestions?
LFinch1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFinch1974
I have a 69 Chevy 350 V8, and I am having a problem getting it to time up. Any suggestions?
Did you go out of your way to post an imbecilic question or did it come naturally? WTF do you mean when you say you're "having a problem getting it to time up"? Put that in English and at least at an 8th grade level.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:38 AM   #3
LFinch1974
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 2
I think I have asked it the right way. Why don't you act like an adult instead of a 2-yr old child? I think you need to take some lessons in manners. I didn't post the message to get bashed.
LFinch1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:43 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFinch1974
I think I have asked it the right way. Why don't you act like an adult instead of a 2-yr old child? I think you need to take some lessons in manners. I didn't post the message to get bashed.
No, you apparently post messages to ask questions that can't be answered. WTF do you mean by "I am having a problem getting it to time up"? That means absolutely nothing. Cam timing, ignition timing, laying in the distributor? Don't get pissed of at me because you don't know what your doing and then have to come on an online forum to get help and because you're also incompetent at asking questions so they can be answered. It's not my fault you're an idiot.

Now if you want help, ask the question in a way that explains what your problem is. Otherwise, go crawl back under your rock.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #5
What?
Banned
 
What?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 120
Jeez vwhobo. You were tough on him. What if he was Jesus?
What? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
That's some funny sh*t.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:02 AM   #8
Benson
seeking snappy title.
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 543
You old timers have a weird sense of humor.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:27 AM   #9
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson
You old timers have a weird sense of humor.

wow, i'm considered an old timer?!?
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:57 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
wow, i'm considered an old timer?!?
By a 13 year old.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #11
Benson
seeking snappy title.
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 543
No, I am not 13 and I think I might have read somewhere that you were in your late 30s?

Edit: I checked your profile and you are 31, my mistake.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #12
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson
No, I am not 13 and I think I might have read somewhere that you were in your late 30s?

Edit: I checked your profile and you are 31, my mistake.

once again.... i'm an old timer!?!?!?
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #13
Benson
seeking snappy title.
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 543
No no no, I just thought you were older than 31, you aren't an old timer.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
whew, was getting a little worried that they lowered the standard, there...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.