Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #1
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

X-Men: the last stand

So I am geek who, with a bunch of buddies from work, went to the midnight showing of this new movie. All I have to say is "wow". I was looking forward to this and was not disappointed. That is all I will say because I do not wish to ruin it for anyone else and I hope others could follow suit (for a while) The Very end is the best part (hint) and also, WAIT FOR THE CREDITS!! IT IS WELL WORTH IT (BIG FRIGGIN HINT)

My favorite quote however:
"You don't know who you are dealing with, I'm the Juggernaut b*tch"
Old 05-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
So I am geek who, with a bunch of buddies from work, went to the midnight showing of this new movie. All I have to say is "wow". I was looking forward to this and was not disappointed. That is all I will say because I do not wish to ruin it for anyone else and I hope others could follow suit (for a while) The Very end is the best part (hint) and also, WAIT FOR THE CREDITS!! IT IS WELL WORTH IT (BIG FRIGGIN HINT)

My favorite quote however:
"You don't know who you are dealing with, I'm the Juggernaut b*tch"

I went to the midnight show also with my friend, I will also say that it was good, but I felt the beginning was a little slow it picked up though. Hope spiderman 3 will be just as good if not better than this.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Don't want any spoilers, as I haven't seen it yet. I just wanna know if anyone mentions Kaiser Sose in it, as was promised...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Sweet, I'm goin to see it tonight with my soon to be gf.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:53 AM   #5
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Don't want any spoilers, as I haven't seen it yet. I just wanna know if anyone mentions Kaiser Sose in it, as was promised...
ummm.. I dont remmeber anything mentioning Kaiser Soze
Old 05-27-2006, 05:06 AM   #6
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV

yea I didn't hear anything about Kaiser Sose in it, one major bad thing about the movie is well, its one big spoiler. The smallest things can be said about this movie and it would ruin the movie for you. My advise watch it as soon as possible before your friends or someone else ruins it for you.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #7
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

edit *slight hint of spoilers in this, don't read it if you want it to be completely unspoiled. But you shouldn't waste your money on this movie anyway, so read it*

Me and a few of my friends had a bit of a marathon and watched the first two movies beforehand (which I think are excellent movies). But after X-Men 3 I was so dissapointed.

X3 completely sacrificed depth, plot, and character for lame action and ridiculous special effects, which weren't even that good. The introduction of Beast was cool, but they didn't even give him anything good to do (I thought he was a scientist?). Juggernaut was alright, way to cast Vinnie Jones who was great in Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. But some of the other new mutants were too "cool" looking, too much leather and bondage made them look like they were out of the Matrix. The returning cast members were unlikeable and flat (through no fault of their own), especially Wolverine, Storm, and Magneto (yes Magneto was likeable in the first two movies, though bad, you felt he was justified in his ways. And he wasn't completely soulless in the other two movies, remember how he didn't shoot the cop at the train station in X1, how many innocents did he kill this time?). And then there's the fact that they killed important characters. Beloved characters who didn't deserve to die, and even if they had to go, it wasn't in honourable way you want to see the hero go down.

And what the hell was with moving the whole Golden Gate Bridge so a few mutants could get to Alcatraz? Its not like he had a an army of thousands that needed a way across, it was like maybe 50 tops. This is just an example of trying to use "amazing" special effects to take up a good 15 minutes of the movie, when a good plot would have been much more satisfying.

Even the action and fight scenes, which were so well done in the X1 and X2 (think back to NightCrawler at the White House, that one still gets my heart pumping), were uninspired. Theres a difference between well choreographed, exciting fight scenes, and mindless action. This was all mindless action. Oh wait, lets throw in a lame one liner like "you should have stayed in school" to make the fight better.

Then theres the political parallels (senator kelly) and social issues that the first movies brought up. They felt relevant to our own world, which made it all the more compelling. Apparently they forgot to do that in this one. All we had was the most pathetic president I've ever seen on film (that includes the movie Hot Shots and Hot Shots: Part Deux)

Finally, the story was choppy and thrown together, and the ending was shallow and hardly spectacular.

A big F*CK YOU to Brett Ratner, if only Bryan Singer had been at the helm to finish what he started. This really ruined the X-Men series for me.

It doesn't help that my ipod now needs a new hard drive. F*ck.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #8
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
*detailed summary of moive*
I completly agree with everything you said. This moive definetly let me down. I guess for the minority of people, plot is more important than expensive special fx.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:51 AM   #9
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
*Big Summary*

I agree with most things, but overall I still liked it, could've been alot better, but everyone has their fall down.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:31 AM   #10
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
edit *slight hint of spoilers in this, don't read it if you want it to be completely unspoiled. But you shouldn't waste your money on this movie anyway, so read it*

Me and a few of my friends had a bit of a marathon and watched the first two movies beforehand (which I think are excellent movies). But after X-Men 3 I was so dissapointed.

X3 completely sacrificed depth, plot, and character for lame action and ridiculous special effects, which weren't even that good. The introduction of Beast was cool, but they didn't even give him anything good to do (I thought he was a scientist?). Juggernaut was alright, way to cast Vinnie Jones who was great in Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. But some of the other new mutants were too "cool" looking, too much leather and bondage made them look like they were out of the Matrix. The returning cast members were unlikeable and flat (through no fault of their own), especially Wolverine, Storm, and Magneto (yes Magneto was likeable in the first two movies, though bad, you felt he was justified in his ways. And he wasn't completely soulless in the other two movies, remember how he didn't shoot the cop at the train station in X1, how many innocents did he kill this time?). And then there's the fact that they killed important characters. Beloved characters who didn't deserve to die, and even if they had to go, it wasn't in honourable way you want to see the hero go down.

And what the hell was with moving the whole Golden Gate Bridge so a few mutants could get to Alcatraz? Its not like he had a an army of thousands that needed a way across, it was like maybe 50 tops. This is just an example of trying to use "amazing" special effects to take up a good 15 minutes of the movie, when a good plot would have been much more satisfying.

Even the action and fight scenes, which were so well done in the X1 and X2 (think back to NightCrawler at the White House, that one still gets my heart pumping), were uninspired. Theres a difference between well choreographed, exciting fight scenes, and mindless action. This was all mindless action. Oh wait, lets throw in a lame one liner like "you should have stayed in school" to make the fight better.

Then theres the political parallels (senator kelly) and social issues that the first movies brought up. They felt relevant to our own world, which made it all the more compelling. Apparently they forgot to do that in this one. All we had was the most pathetic president I've ever seen on film (that includes the movie Hot Shots and Hot Shots: Part Deux)

Finally, the story was choppy and thrown together, and the ending was shallow and hardly spectacular.

A big F*CK YOU to Brett Ratner, if only Bryan Singer had been at the helm to finish what he started. This really ruined the X-Men series for me.

It doesn't help that my ipod now needs a new hard drive. F*ck.
I agree with you matt and on top of that whoever of you who have followed the old x men series be it cartoon or comic book this one didn't follow it at all.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:46 AM   #11
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Well I still iked it, and I liked the end. I've never seen the other two movies, so I guess my expectations weren't as high. Wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it certainly wasn't bad. Worth $6.50? Meh, probably not.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:41 AM   #12
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

It was a good movie.

If you want plot and in depth characters read the comics...

Yes, I am a geek, I love me some comics.

So what?

Wanna fight about it?
Old 05-31-2006, 03:17 AM   #13
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
It was a good movie.

If you want plot and in depth characters read the comics...

Or, you could watch comic book movies that did have plot and in depth characters, such as X1, X2, Spiderman 1 and 2, V for Vendetta, Batman Begins...I can go on from here. This movie has no excuse.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:45 AM   #14
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Or, you could watch comic book movies that did have plot and in depth characters, such as X1, X2, Spiderman 1 and 2, V for Vendetta, Batman Begins...I can go on from here. This movie has no excuse.

have you read the comics to any of those movies?

The storylines aren't even close and the have zero plot and in depth characters compared to the comics.

EspeciallyBatman begins.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:46 AM   #15
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
have you read the comics to any of those movies?

The storylines aren't even close..........

But I don't care about relevance to the comics....we're talking movies here. All of those movies are good, well made movies. X3 was not. X3 wasn't relevant either, but also sucked.

Last edited by Mathew : 05-31-2006 at 03:49 AM.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote