Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
The spirit world?

I've been thinking about this alot recently, I dunno why, just curiosity I guess lol. My question is, what are all your opinions on life after death, communicating with the dead and all associated happenings or psychic beliefs? I kinda belive in all of this stuff as my wife has been stupid enough to call a few of those premium rate phone line thingys where by you're given a reading over the phone. I know alot of you will say that it's all a load of hocas pokas, but frighteningly, alot of the conversation that took place was information that only we could possibly know, and we didn't put any words into the Psychic's mouth either.....very strange, but I think it's certainly believeable if ya go to the right person and not just somebody who's out to make a bit of extra money on the side!

As far as life after death goes, I certainly believe in this too, as I fail to see how your life is completely over once you've "crossed over" so to speak lol, I'm not too sure how it would work, but as I said, it's just far more believeable to think that you can live another life...I guess. What are your thoughts on this? hopefully this will become a nice controvercial thread lol.....
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 05-30-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I've thought about that too lol...I do believe in some ghosts...but then I don't believe in them either lol it's confusing. As for life after death, I think there is heaven but the whole death thing confuses me...It's wierd though, because there's no way to know really lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Worry about life after death after you die, but for now enjoy your life.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Me being Christian I believe in a life after death, sure why not, everything is possible. And about the spirit world and such, well, before we moved into our old house about a year ago, atleast 4 people died there from either age, illness or falling. While we were in this house (I was about 11) we encountered many what would seem to be paranormal events, such as walking down the hallway and you get hit with a absolutely frigid burst of air that goes as quickly as it come, you could hear people walking when nobody was up, the bathroom shower door used to swing open only when someone was in the bathroom, (the thing that scared the shit out of me the most) was I remember one night I was sleeping, and I awoke to be felt like I was being watched because as I opened my eyes I could see my breath in the air, and when I sat up I heard this quick shuffling that led out of my door. We got my Uncle Angelo (very italian i kno) to bless the house and before we moved it never had any of those reoccurances happen again. So do I believe in the paranormal, yea, I do


Believable to ya'll? Doubt it, but whatever
__________________
Current whip: walking

Last edited by 99integra : 05-30-2006 at 02:36 PM.
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
nighthawk
Part Time Active User
 
nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1,651
I think that when you die, that exact second in time...
you are concieved again somewhere random, a baby girl in china, a housefly in florida, a moose up here in newfoundland... you get the idea

im pretty sure its called reincarnation but that might not be exactly it
__________________

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
im pretty sure its called reincarnation but that might not be exactly it
I think reincarnation is when you come back as an animal or something...so you're kinda right lol.

It's very hard for me to explain this, but I'll try all the same lol. I find it increasingly hard to believe that once you die, that's it...for ever! I think that, as you said nighthawk, as soon as you die, you are another person, if that makes sense.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
Me being Christian I believe in a life after death, sure why not, everything is possible. And about the spirit world and such, well, before we moved into our old house about a year ago, atleast 4 people died there from either age, illness or falling. While we were in this house (I was about 11) we encountered many what would seem to be paranormal events, such as walking down the hallway and you get hit with a absolutely frigid burst of air that goes as quickly as it come, you could hear people walking when nobody was up, the bathroom shower door used to swing open only when someone was in the bathroom, (the thing that scared the shit out of me the most) was I remember one night I was sleeping, and I awoke to be felt like I was being watched because as I opened my eyes I could see my breath in the air, and when I sat up I heard this quick shuffling that led out of my door. We got my Uncle Angelo (very italian i kno) to bless the house and before we moved it never had any of those reoccurances happen again. So do I believe in the paranormal, yea, I do


Believable to ya'll? Doubt it, but whatever
I believe all of that, Teggs! infact, I seem to recall similar occurences in the past. When I was about the same age as you were, I would sometimes go to sleep only to be awaken by what can only be described as somebody blowing in my ear lol.....strange I know, not sure if it's supernatural or just pyschological, but it definately fealt as I described!

Also, just recently, whenever I've been at home alone (if the wife was away with any of her numerous boyfriends for example lol...jk...just if she was away for whatever reason!), and I've gone to bed, I have heard like extreamly loud shreaking noises through my head. I cant explain it my more than that, and I'm not sure what else it could be, unless it's just a very real dream, but it sure does keep me awake sometimes. Also, it hasn't happened sinse we moved house about four months ago, but then I haven't really been here by myself much given the shifts that I work!

Maybe I need Exorcising or something lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:40 PM   #7
Lizard King 6B
CF Enthusiast
 
Lizard King 6B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hell
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I've been thinking about this alot recently, I dunno why, just curiosity I guess lol. My question is, what are all your opinions on life after death, communicating with the dead and all associated happenings or psychic beliefs? I kinda belive in all of this stuff as my wife has been stupid enough to call a few of those premium rate phone line thingys where by you're given a reading over the phone. I know alot of you will say that it's all a load of hocas pokas, but frighteningly, alot of the conversation that took place was information that only we could possibly know, and we didn't put any words into the Psychic's mouth either.....very strange, but I think it's certainly believeable if ya go to the right person and not just somebody who's out to make a bit of extra money on the side!

As far as life after death goes, I certainly believe in this too, as I fail to see how your life is completely over once you've "crossed over" so to speak lol, I'm not too sure how it would work, but as I said, it's just far more believeable to think that you can live another life...I guess. What are your thoughts on this? hopefully this will become a nice controvercial thread lol.....

The human body is made of atoms, pure energy, now all your organs can shut down but what happens to the energy? It has to be somewhere. I believe in all that stuff. I've seen a lot of strange things and some of those times i wasn't under the influence.
__________________
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I cannot accept,
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to
kill today because they pissed me off.
Lizard King 6B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #8
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Well, I could say what I know, but I'm pretty sure it's a banned topic...
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Well, I could say what I know, but I'm pretty sure it's a banned topic...
You've lost me.....lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #10
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
You've lost me.....lol
A while ago a thread turned into a religous discussion, Bav deleted it, and I asked him why. He said it's a banned topic.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
A while ago a thread turned into a religous discussion, Bav deleted it, and I asked him why. He said it's a banned topic.
I see....by all means post it again, if it turns into said 'banned topic' or becomes a flame war one of us will edit it...I seem to vaguly remember, did Bav become the subject of any vigilante members? lol jk
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 05-30-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #12
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Well, there is definately a spirit world out there, and there are basically two sides. On one side there are demons, and their "leader" is Satan, and he is the cause of all evil in the world. I think that things like real fortune tellers and real witchcraft come from him, because it certainly doesn't come from God, the other side, and Satan certainly has the power to do such things.

As far as the other side goes, there's the Trinity (God, Son, and Holy Spirit). That's all really complicated, but I do believe He still does "miracles" like He did in "Bible times", they're just not as prominate or frequent in today's society.

There's nothing else as far as the spirit world goes, that's it. As far as life after death, it is certainly there. When you die, you either go to heaven or hell. You're not reincarnated, you don't just "go to sleep", you'll go to heaven or hell.

That's what I know, without breaking that rule too much
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Well, there is definately a spirit world out there, and there are basically two sides. On one side there are demons, and their "leader" is Satan, and he is the cause of all evil in the world. I think that things like real fortune tellers and real witchcraft come from him, because it certainly doesn't come from God, the other side, and Satan certainly has the power to do such things.

As far as the other side goes, there's the Trinity (God, Son, and Holy Spirit). That's all really complicated, but I do believe He still does "miracles" like He did in "Bible times", they're just not as prominate or frequent in today's society.

There's nothing else as far as the spirit world goes, that's it. As far as life after death, it is certainly there. When you die, you either go to heaven or hell. You're not reincarnated, you don't just "go to sleep", you'll go to heaven or hell.

That's what I know, without breaking that rule too much
Thanx for that.....although if any further info was against any rules...they'd be unwritten ones..

I was listening to a Radio show the other day and they were talking about Guardian Angles etc, and it's all very interesting stuff! I'm not too sure just how much of it to believe, but what was being said was kind of reasuring to hear, you know, the thought of having somebody watching over you...all the time, although there are some situations whereby I'd rather be alone/with one female, possibly two...know what I mean? lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:24 PM   #14
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Thanx for that.....although if any further info was against any rules...they'd be unwritten ones..

I was listening to a Radio show the other day and they were talking about Guardian Angles etc, and it's all very interesting stuff! I'm not too sure just how much of it to believe, but what was being said was kind of reasuring to hear, you know, the thought of having somebody watching over you...all the time, although there are some situations whereby I'd rather be alone/with one female, possibly two...know what I mean? lol
Well there's lots of people out there that say this and that about God but are fakes. Stuff like "buy this hankerchief, it's been blessed, you'll feel the Holy Spirit every time you youch it" is a good indication of it being fake

God and His angels do watch over us, but it can be taken out of proportion just like anyhting else. I'm not gona pretend to be able to tell you whether most cases of these radio shows and TV shows are false or not, but there are some that definately are, I'd just have to see it for myself. And by watching over, He's not watching over you like you're a sitcom, He's protecting you sometimes, he knows all of your sin, that kinda thing. You'd still be alone with the person, just not "alone". It's kinda complicated lol
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:41 PM   #15
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Well there's lots of people out there that say this and that about God but are fakes. Stuff like "buy this hankerchief, it's been blessed, you'll feel the Holy Spirit every time you youch it" is a good indication of it being fake

God and His angels do watch over us, but it can be taken out of proportion just like anyhting else. I'm not gona pretend to be able to tell you whether most cases of these radio shows and TV shows are false or not, but there are some that definately are, I'd just have to see it for myself. And by watching over, He's not watching over you like you're a sitcom, He's protecting you sometimes, he knows all of your sin, that kinda thing. You'd still be alone with the person, just not "alone". It's kinda complicated lol
I see what you're saying lol. The strange thing is, I used to be extreamly skeptical about this sort of thing, it's just in the past few years I've felt like this! I see what you're saying about being overlooked.....I just think that maybe if you're looked over, you're looked over, end of story, in other words I'd see it as more of a constant thing rather than an occassional thing, it that make sense!

As for the Radio show and numerous TV shows, I've always wondered about the TV shows and would probably remain skeptical untill something similar happened to me, but the radio show, due to it being more localised and live, seemed far more realistic to to there being less scope for it to be "fixed"
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.