Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2006, 02:22 AM   #1
Karizmatik
CF Newbie

2003 Neon

Hello, i'm new to the forum and have a question for u peeps that know about body work. As stated i have a black 2003 neon sxt and am planning on modding it. I've only done the taillights, c.a.i. rims/tires and exhaust. I'm lookin for a good body kit but have noticed all the ones i like are for the 00-02. I'm wondering if a kit for those years would work on a 03. The only difference i see in the models (exterior front wise) is in 03 they moved the front blinker to the inside of the headlights. If it would fit ok i know i'd have a small gap on each side but figured i could just cover those w/ mesh. Anyway, thanks for any help & advice, it's appreciated ^.^
Karizmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:55 AM   #2
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Well, being a 2005 SX 2.0 owner(Canada's version of the Neon), I have looked into this subject quite a bit.

There are actually a few other differences between the 00-02 and 03+ that would make it a little more oddball.

However, there are also places that sell 03+ specific body kits, and one of them may match the 00-02... The first two sell aftermarket kits, and the third sells the Mopar SRT style kit.

http://www.groundeffex.com/search.ph...&Submit=SEARCH

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/categories.aspx?l=1&c=2

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&subcat1=25159
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:56 PM   #3
Karizmatik
CF Newbie

Thanks for the links & reply man. I've been lookin at kits since i bought the car (9 months ago). It's been frustrating cuz w/ most kits i like the front, but not the back or vice versa. The only one i seen for the 03+ i like is the wings west and i do like the look of the srt-4. Hmm.. I take it into the shop on the 19th so need to decide soon lol
Karizmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karizmatik
Thanks for the links & reply man. I've been lookin at kits since i bought the car (9 months ago). It's been frustrating cuz w/ most kits i like the front, but not the back or vice versa. The only one i seen for the 03+ i like is the wings west and i do like the look of the srt-4. Hmm.. I take it into the shop on the 19th so need to decide soon lol

Then you might want to take a closer look at sportcompactonly - you can buy the front and rear valances independently.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote