Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2004, 01:18 AM   #76
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
I own a 3 series, a 5 series, and a 7 series...where do I fit in?
Sorry...you have broken my stereo type...I wish I was you...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:43 PM   #77
mr. plow
CF Newbie

Audi's are a much better value than BMW's. Both companies make fantastic cars which offer superior performance, excellent styling, and status. I would not be embarrassed to pull into the office driving a car from either company. I am 26(new money) and work in the Philadelphia area. I recently decided to purchase an A4 over a 328i for a number of reasons.

I test drove 328's at multiple locations in the Philly area and encountered the same problems at each location. First of all, BMW sales people are pretentious pricks who think they are doing you a favor by letting you test drive a BMW. Second, none of the dealerships I went to had 6 speed 328's to test drive. I was shocked when the salesperson told me this, and demanded an explanation. "Well, we find the majority of people buying BMW's these days PREFER automatic transmissions". We were surprised by this considering BMW's reputation of making cars for "drivers". It appears that BMW has fallen out of favor with the drivers, and is now popular among high school girls and soccer moms.

Since we were at the dealership, we decided to test drive the automatic. The interior was very cheap looking. My confusion grew because I also thought BMW's were luxury cars. As i pull away from the dealership in my automatic 328 with the underwhelming interior, I notice a complete lack of acceleration. The ride gets worse on the back roads because the 328 feels incredibly heavy and unresponsive around curves. After being totally disappointed by the car, the prick salesmen offers me 43k for a 6 speed 328i with leather seats. We rejected his offer and made our way for the door. He asked us what else we were looking at and assured us that he couldn't match an offer made by Audi. He was right.

The A4 felt much more nimble than the 328i, and they actually had 6 speeds on the lot to test drive. Apparently 80% of Audi owners don't drive automatic....The general manager offered 30k even for an A4 with quattro, leather, cold weather, sport suspension and NAV. We bought the car without negotiating. The 328i may test better on the track, but it comes at a 14k premium in some parts of the country. Did i mention you can't drive the BMW in heavy rain or in the snow?

No comparison between these two companies. BMW has become a complete status symbol car and Audi is recognized as a great value, performance cars for intelligent men. The women can keep the beamer.
mr. plow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #78
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. plow
Audi's are a much better value than BMW's. Both companies make fantastic cars which offer superior performance, excellent styling, and status. I would not be embarrassed to pull into the office driving a car from either company. I am 26(new money) and work in the Philadelphia area. I recently decided to purchase an A4 over a 328i for a number of reasons.

I test drove 328's at multiple locations in the Philly area and encountered the same problems at each location. First of all, BMW sales people are pretentious pricks who think they are doing you a favor by letting you test drive a BMW. Second, none of the dealerships I went to had 6 speed 328's to test drive. I was shocked when the salesperson told me this, and demanded an explanation. "Well, we find the majority of people buying BMW's these days PREFER automatic transmissions". We were surprised by this considering BMW's reputation of making cars for "drivers". It appears that BMW has fallen out of favor with the drivers, and is now popular among high school girls and soccer moms.

Since we were at the dealership, we decided to test drive the automatic. The interior was very cheap looking. My confusion grew because I also thought BMW's were luxury cars. As i pull away from the dealership in my automatic 328 with the underwhelming interior, I notice a complete lack of acceleration. The ride gets worse on the back roads because the 328 feels incredibly heavy and unresponsive around curves. After being totally disappointed by the car, the prick salesmen offers me 43k for a 6 speed 328i with leather seats. We rejected his offer and made our way for the door. He asked us what else we were looking at and assured us that he couldn't match an offer made by Audi. He was right.

The A4 felt much more nimble than the 328i, and they actually had 6 speeds on the lot to test drive. Apparently 80% of Audi owners don't drive automatic....The general manager offered 30k even for an A4 with quattro, leather, cold weather, sport suspension and NAV. We bought the car without negotiating. The 328i may test better on the track, but it comes at a 14k premium in some parts of the country. Did i mention you can't drive the BMW in heavy rain or in the snow?

No comparison between these two companies. BMW has become a complete status symbol car and Audi is recognized as a great value, performance cars for intelligent men. The women can keep the beamer.

Guess I'll be a woman...I simply prefer the BMW...although I have not gone in to see the new ones. 328's are the "touring" model of the 3 series...if you want better performance, you should at least look at the 335's, a difference of 70hp.

As far as service goes, I will say, as I've mentioned a few times here, BMW service is not as good as one might expect from a luxury/sports car factory. I've never been to an Audi dealer for service...never owned an Audi, but from what I have owned, Lexus is the leader by FAR on service!

lol...just a few years old this thread is...lol.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #79
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. plow

Whoa, and you're gonna call people out for being pretentious pricks?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #80
johnnykidlx
CF Newbie

Question 50-50

I don't like BMW's 3series...either performance or design, so, Audi.

5series are different, but still prefer Audi A6. Same for 7series and A8.

Now for performance, Mseries and TT'n'RS6...i go for BMW instead...it's the rear traction, gives me goosebumps
Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #81
LSixer
CF Newbie

A perfect opportunity for me to start here in the community, in a decades old thread.

So Johnny, you dislike 3 series? If I may ask, do you dislike the entire evolution of them? Including the e30, e36, e46, etc .... ?

As for the performance, since you dislike that as well, as you currently driving a ferrari then?

I am happy with both my audi and bimmer.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #82
Flatsix
CF Newbie

^^You just joined to eh? I'm Audii btw, my fanboyism got toned down on SCF so I didn't want that name anymore.

I'm more for Audi, I don't like the Styling of new BMW's, the old ones look really great tho. The styling of new Audi's is just magnificent, no weak spots IMO.
Flatsix is offline   Reply With Quote