Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
rise2honour
CF Newbie

audi & porsche

here are some really cool pictures comparing audi and porche that i thought was kind of interesting.

rise2honour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I'm assuming you meant the familliarity in the two cars that made it interesting?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:18 AM   #3
skeetin870
CF Enthusiast

call me a jackass but I dont really think the pictures are all that cool or interesting

skeetin870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:14 AM   #4
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

They're pretty cool....if you've never seen a Porsche or Audi before...
Old 06-07-2006, 06:24 PM   #5
Rock luver
CF Newbie

Isn't it written Porsche.
________
Zoloft problems

Last edited by Rock luver : 09-16-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Rock luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock luver
Isn't it written Porsche.
Yes, lol...if ya knock the 'e' off the end of how he spelled it, ya have a building that connects to the front of your house...I supose, lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #7
Rock luver
CF Newbie

Quote:
Yes, lol...if ya knock the 'e' off the end of how he spelled it, ya have a building that connects to the front of your house...I supose, lol

In french wat he wrote did mean a building tht connects to the front of your house.
________
Chasey_Show live

Last edited by Rock luver : 09-16-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Rock luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:22 AM   #8
rise2honour
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock luver
In french wat he wrote did mean a building tht connects to the front of your house.
ya my bad wasnt paying attention. porsche. typo.
rise2honour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:40 AM   #9
FORDRANGERBOY
CF Enthusiast

i like how close the cars look in the interior

-dan
Old 06-08-2006, 02:44 AM   #10
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDRANGERBOY
i like how close the cars look in the interior

-dan

But they don't. Almost every car has the same sort of model interior that they follow, but apart from that, these are worlds apart...
Old 06-08-2006, 02:49 AM   #11
FORDRANGERBOY
CF Enthusiast

i agree but still its really simulare in my opinion.

-dAN
Old 07-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #12
omegaV12
CF Newbie

the picture of those two i would really like would be the one of the both of them in my garage.
omegaV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #13
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDRANGERBOY
i agree but still its really simulare in my opinion.

-dAN
do you mean similar????
apart from that, i think the audi is stunning (better in blue)

i saw a Porsche Cayman S today in black and they are quite small!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:32 AM   #14
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

complaints

These are 2 makes I have serious complaints over.

Ok, porsches are extremely expensive cars, given the fact they don't exactly offer gigantic engine sizes for options and have absolutely ZERO luxury amenities or options. Why do some porsches cost up to 100 grand if it doesn't provide either of those? For the name? Ok, I can see that with a ferrari, (which is another one that doesn't offer any options) but at least that doesn't look like a buick skyhawk on the interior. I do understand that many luxury features add weight to the car which is not idealistic for a sports car, but jeez, offer something more for the money? A bigger engine size at least?

Second is audi. This is probably the worst of the two. At least porsches have very sporty, performance potential reputation which is what makes it cost so much, but audi? I was car shopping about 2 weeks ago and the audi a4 cabriolet is the crappiest car I've EVER seen. It costs 37,000+ msrp and that is without ANY luxury amenities. It doesn't even give leatherETTE seats! It comes standard with FABRIC seats! NOT ONE luxury feature period. The worst part? It has a TINY 1.8 liter engine with hardly any power. And like I said, unlike the porsche, audi isn't exactly a make that has a long glorious reputation of sportiness and performance to sell itself on. BIGGEST over-priced piece of junk ever!

Ok now in regards to the photos, doesn't audi or volkswagen rather own porsche?

Sorry I had to rant :\
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #15
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
These are 2 makes I have serious complaints over.

Ok, porsches are extremely expensive cars, given the fact they don't exactly offer gigantic engine sizes for options and have absolutely ZERO luxury amenities or options. Why do some porsches cost up to 100 grand if it doesn't provide either of those? For the name? Ok, I can see that with a ferrari, (which is another one that doesn't offer any options) but at least that doesn't look like a buick skyhawk on the interior. I do understand that many luxury features add weight to the car which is not idealistic for a sports car, but jeez, offer something more for the money? A bigger engine size at least?

Second is audi. This is probably the worst of the two. At least porsches have very sporty, performance potential reputation which is what makes it cost so much, but audi? I was car shopping about 2 weeks ago and the audi a4 cabriolet is the crappiest car I've EVER seen. It costs 37,000+ msrp and that is without ANY luxury amenities. It doesn't even give leatherETTE seats! It comes standard with FABRIC seats! NOT ONE luxury feature period. The worst part? It has a TINY 1.8 liter engine with hardly any power. And like I said, unlike the porsche, audi isn't exactly a make that has a long glorious reputation of sportiness and performance to sell itself on. BIGGEST over-priced piece of junk ever!

Ok now in regards to the photos, doesn't audi or volkswagen rather own porsche?

Sorry I had to rant :\

No, Porsche just bought 25% of VW a couple months ago. VW owns Audi and many others. Porsche helped in VW's starting out with the Beetle...which was designed and planned-out or rather 'created' by Porsche.

Now to your Porsche cost vs...engine size rant. The '06 911 Turbo costs around a 100 grand with a 3.6L Boxer twin-turbo with 480hp. 0-60 time is what...3.7-3.8 seconds? Top speed is what...193mp/h or 308-9km/h? Add to that a damn amazingly refined and well-mannered chassis...And you've got yourself a blazing fast car with a 6.

Lastly, where'd you get the lack of 'luxurious amenities' in a 100 grand priced Porsche from? Look at the 911 Turbo's features at the Porsche website...
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote