Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 AM   #16
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
These are 2 makes I have serious complaints over.

Ok, porsches are extremely expensive cars, given the fact they don't exactly offer gigantic engine sizes for options and have absolutely ZERO luxury amenities or options. Why do some porsches cost up to 100 grand if it doesn't provide either of those? For the name? Ok, I can see that with a ferrari, (which is another one that doesn't offer any options) but at least that doesn't look like a buick skyhawk on the interior. I do understand that many luxury features add weight to the car which is not idealistic for a sports car, but jeez, offer something more for the money? A bigger engine size at least?


Second is audi. This is probably the worst of the two. At least porsches have very sporty, performance potential reputation which is what makes it cost so much, but audi? I was car shopping about 2 weeks ago and the audi a4 cabriolet is the crappiest car I've EVER seen. It costs 37,000+ msrp and that is without ANY luxury amenities. It doesn't even give leatherETTE seats! It comes standard with FABRIC seats! NOT ONE luxury feature period. The worst part? It has a TINY 1.8 liter engine with hardly any power. And like I said, unlike the porsche, audi isn't exactly a make that has a long glorious reputation of sportiness and performance to sell itself on. BIGGEST over-priced piece of junk ever!

Ok now in regards to the photos, doesn't audi or volkswagen rather own porsche?


Sorry I had to rant :\


Ah, I see the forum was lacking in ignorant rants, but you rectified the situation didn't you?
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:25 AM   #17
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Ah, I see the forum was lacking in ignorant rants, but you rectified the situation didn't you?
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #18
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
These are 2 makes I have serious complaints over.

Ok, porsches are extremely expensive cars, given the fact they don't exactly offer gigantic engine sizes for options and have absolutely ZERO luxury amenities or options. Why do some porsches cost up to 100 grand if it doesn't provide either of those? For the name? Ok, I can see that with a ferrari, (which is another one that doesn't offer any options) but at least that doesn't look like a buick skyhawk on the interior. I do understand that many luxury features add weight to the car which is not idealistic for a sports car, but jeez, offer something more for the money? A bigger engine size at least?


Second is audi. This is probably the worst of the two. At least porsches have very sporty, performance potential reputation which is what makes it cost so much, but audi? I was car shopping about 2 weeks ago and the audi a4 cabriolet is the crappiest car I've EVER seen. It costs 37,000+ msrp and that is without ANY luxury amenities. It doesn't even give leatherETTE seats! It comes standard with FABRIC seats! NOT ONE luxury feature period. The worst part? It has a TINY 1.8 liter engine with hardly any power. And like I said, unlike the porsche, audi isn't exactly a make that has a long glorious reputation of sportiness and performance to sell itself on. BIGGEST over-priced piece of junk ever!

Ok now in regards to the photos, doesn't audi or volkswagen rather own porsche?


Sorry I had to rant :\

have you ever driven a porsce gt2, gt3?, carrera?
or audi s4, s6, rs4, rs6?
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:00 AM   #19
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
have you ever driven a porsce gt2, gt3?, carrera?
or audi s4, s6, rs4, rs6?
oooh, oooh, pick me, I know the answer...


NO!
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #20
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
lets give this man a prize! no expense-paid trip to anywhere you wanna go
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #21
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
but seriously... mr. rant, dont knock it till you tried it... you have no idea what goes into these cars if youre going to complain about price...
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #22
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Ah, I see the forum was lacking in ignorant rants, but you rectified the situation didn't you?

An ignorant rant? Is that why you gave such a fact-filled, knowledgable response? Do you have any reason as to why my rants are not valid or as you said, "ignorant?" I don't suppose so, because if you did, you probably would have said so already.

I guess the thread was lacking brainless stuck-up idiots who can't even properly respond yet feel they have the right to baselessly criticize a post anyhow, but you have politely assumed that role, didn't you?

As to everyone else... I did try the audi but not the porsche. I didn't specify what models for porsche but I was specifically talking about the boxster. I didn't like the audi at all. It didn't even move.

Regardless, I hold my stance. I am speaking of the ratio of what you get for the money you expend, and those two particular models aren't up to high standards in that regard.

Last edited by Bronxie : 07-06-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #23
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast
 
Newspeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 102
You want a detailed response proving your lack of knowledge on a subject? Read my reply to your original and ever so enlightening rant.

You have no idea what you're talking about in entirety.

Last edited by Newspeak : 07-06-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #24
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspeak
You want a detailed response proving your lack of knowledge on a subject? Read my reply to your original and ever so enlightening rant.

You have no idea what you're talking about in entirety.

Sorry I just read it now.

You're right about the 911 turbo, but I specified just now I was referring to the boxster mainly. I checked out the new 911 turbo and I do believe it is a good deal for the money, especially considering the ferrari f430 and its price.

I still hold my stance...you didn't really tell me why I am wrong, or what I said that wasn't true, except you referred to a SINGLE model of porsche that doesn't apply to what my complaint was about, and you didn't even present an argument over audi, so who is the one with lack of knowledge on the subject? You presented a POOR argument in defense of the two models/makes I was referring to.


Porsches are at least a decent deal because they do have a very high resale value.

Anyone have any info an audis that will lighten my opinion about the a4 cabriolet? I already know why porsches cost so much and don't give as much to the consumer, I just wanted to complain. And if you can't give a decent response, just don't bother.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #25
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast
 
Newspeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Sorry I just read it now.

You're right about the 911 turbo, but I specified just now I was referring to the boxster mainly. I checked out the new 911 turbo and I do believe it is a good deal for the money, especially considering the ferrari f430 and its price.

I still hold my stance...you didn't really tell me why I am wrong, or what I said that wasn't true, except you referred to a SINGLE model of porsche that doesn't apply to what my complaint was about, and you didn't even present an argument over audi, so who is the one with lack of knowledge on the subject? You presented a POOR argument in defense of the two models/makes I was referring to.


Porsches are at least a decent deal because they do have a very high resale value.

Anyone have any info an audis that will lighten my opinion about the a4 cabriolet? I already know why porsches cost so much and don't give as much to the consumer, I just wanted to complain. And if you can't give a decent response, just don't bother.

A Boxter isn't close to being near a 100 grand...while you specifically inferred to a 100 grand Porsche. I proved to you that Porsches closer to the 100 grand range as you referred to, do indeed have the performance without a damn back to the 60s tank engine and have all the 'luxurious amenities' you could and should want in a car of its class...If you're really serious about this, visit your nearest Porsche dealer and take a Boxter S, Cayman or Carrera for a spin and then come back and tell us if your ever so narrow-minded 'argument' really does hit the nail on the head.
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #26
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westchester Co., NY
Posts: 1,386
Lol.

Oh yeah, I did mention a 100 grand porsche. Let's take the carrera 4s cabriolet for example. Feast on these luxurious features for your money.

Power windows...

Rain-sensor wipers (decent feature)

Integrated dual cup-holders? lol

Cruise control...

The only good features are all options even, and that only includes, 6 disc cd changer? "Navigation module for PCM"?


So basically, a porsche is like a kia with a bigger engine.

What was your argument again?

Don't forget the standard lockable glovebox either!

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/91...s/?gtabindex=6

Do you think they rip you off just because it's a sports car? Maybe...I should call and ask why.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #27
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
dont forget about the porsche name. decades of race developement that just happen to be used in their cars.

btw, you never answered my question...
have you EVER drove any porsches or audis? beisdes your a4 cab
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #28
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
dont forget about the porsche name. decades of race developement that just happen to be used in their cars.

btw, you never answered my question...
have you EVER drove any porsches or audis? beisdes your a4 cab

e.g the porsche carrera GT
ive never driven an audi or porsche but ive had a ride in an S4
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #29
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
it definatly feels like its worth every penny no?
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #30
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
ummmmmm???
i suppose so, im more in to the SLR but thats not included in this post! lol
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.