im JDM TITE YO!

well, the slr is AMAZING
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #32
True_Brit
Has a new job!

id have that over the carrera GT in black, i think it looks better than silver!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:20 AM   #33
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

I've never driven a porsche. I am sure it's awesome to drive. It doesn't mean it's worth the money.

The person who mentioned the racing heritage of porsche is right on the money. That's exactly why it costs a lot. And just using a quick estimate in my head...I suppose if you gave Porsche ferrari-like engines and prorated the cost...it'd probably even be cheaper. So when I think of it like that, ferraris are the bigger rip-offs. Well, the f430 spyder is anyways, but I still like it.

I have driven the audi a4 cabriolet. Some of the other audis are better, much better, but take the a6 for example. Compare it to the other vehicles in its class, its main competitors. It gives you less standard luxury features, smaller engine, and it's more expensive than all of them. (compared to infiniti m35x, lexus es350 and even the acura tl !!!!)

Btw the m35 is really nice on the inside if you haven't seen.

I am going to spend a bit of time on audi's USA website and look at their other models to see if they are all as crappy as the a4 cabriolet.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:26 AM   #34
True_Brit
Has a new job!

i like (alot) the RS4 and RS6 Avant (it looks better than the saloon)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:24 AM   #35
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Oh yeah, I did mention a 100 grand porsche. Let's take the carrera 4s cabriolet for example. Feast on these luxurious features for your money.

Power windows...

Rain-sensor wipers (decent feature)

Integrated dual cup-holders? lol

Cruise control...

The only good features are all options even, and that only includes, 6 disc cd changer? "Navigation module for PCM"?

So basically, a porsche is like a kia with a bigger engine.

What was your argument again?

Don't forget the standard lockable glovebox either!

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/91...s/?gtabindex=6

Do you think they rip you off just because it's a sports car? Maybe...I should call and ask why.

So what luxury features are you looking for? Whats wrong with those?

And if the ultimate sports car is such a bad deal, whats a better deal? A Mustang GT? I don't see what you're getting at.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:25 AM   #36
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
I've never driven a porsche. I am sure it's awesome to drive. It doesn't mean it's worth the money.

The person who mentioned the racing heritage of porsche is right on the money. That's exactly why it costs a lot. And just using a quick estimate in my head...I suppose if you gave Porsche ferrari-like engines and prorated the cost...it'd probably even be cheaper. So when I think of it like that, ferraris are the bigger rip-offs. Well, the f430 spyder is anyways, but I still like it.

I have driven the audi a4 cabriolet. Some of the other audis are better, much better, but take the a6 for example. Compare it to the other vehicles in its class, its main competitors. It gives you less standard luxury features, smaller engine, and it's more expensive than all of them. (compared to infiniti m35x, lexus es350 and even the acura tl !!!!)

Btw the m35 is really nice on the inside if you haven't seen.

I am going to spend a bit of time on audi's USA website and look at their other models to see if they are all as crappy as the a4 cabriolet.

ferraris cost are from the heritage as well, and believe me, if you had a ferrari engine in a porsche... it would cost a hair more...

another reason they cost so much. the people that buy them, dont complain about the cost. ive seen the checkstubs from people that baught ferraris, rollsroyces, aston martins, and etc... looks to me like they have no problem writing them out. cuz to them, its meer pocket change. the companies arent going to lower the proce just cuz you cant afford them...

take a look at their s4, s6, s8, rs4, rs6... etc... theyre expensive, and incredibly nice, i say, def. worth the money

Old 07-07-2006, 03:32 AM   #37
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
So what luxury features are you looking for? Whats wrong with those?

And if the ultimate sports car is such a bad deal, whats a better deal? A Mustang GT? I don't see what you're getting at.

My answer to you is the 2007 SL550, along with all the other vehicles in its class. The MSRP is even lower than the carrera4s cabriolet, and it is jam-packed with luxury amenities and features.

(My dad has a 2004 sl500 and it is even loaded with them)

Now I DO understand that some luxury features add weight to the car and it's likely porsche wants to keep the weight down for more responsive performance.

http://www.mbusa.com/models/features...L550R&class=07

You can check out any car in this class of vehicles. The XLR, BMW 650i, Jaguar XK, Lexus sc430... They all have every feature you could ever want standard, excluding exterior features...I am just talking about convenience features.

Mind you, all of the cars I mentioned are much cheaper than the porsche. That's my complaint basically, and precisely why I feel porsche rips you off. It could at least give navigation standard like all the other models I named :\

Last edited by Bronxie : 07-07-2006 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:55 AM   #38
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
My answer to you is the 2007 SL550, along with all the other vehicles in its class. The MSRP is even lower than the carrera4s cabriolet, and it is jam-packed with luxury amenities and features.

(My dad has a 2004 sl500 and it is even loaded with them)

Now I DO understand that some luxury features add weight to the car and it's likely porsche wants to keep the weight down for more responsive performance.

http://www.mbusa.com/models/features...L550R&class=07

You can check out any car in this class of vehicles. The XLR, BMW 650i, Jaguar XK or a Lexus sc430... They all have every feature you could ever want standard, excluding exterior features...I am just talking about convenience features.

Mind you, all of the cars I mentioned are much cheaper than the porsche. That's my complaint basically, and precisely why I feel porsche rips you off. It could at least give navigation standard like all the other models I named :\

I said it before and'll say it again. You really need to drive the actual Carrera itself from which automotive legends are made from...Comparing an SL, XK or Lexus sc430 to a Carrera...is plain stupid. A Carrera is solely a performance car or rather near supercar in many of its variations. The cars that you compared it to are luxury cruisers with some performance tossed in as a mere side dish when compared to the legend that is the Carrera.

Take most of the world's supercars for instance...are they extremely expensive? Yes. Do people buy them? Hell yes. Do people buy them for their supercar performance and heritage? Yes. Do people buy them for their luxury features? NO. Do they offer luxury features? Hardly.

Last edited by Newspeak : 07-07-2006 at 03:57 AM.
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:15 AM   #39
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

another thing to ponder on. youre looking at luxury amentities right? a 2 seater porsche... just think about this... 2 seater... not really considered something of luxury. or if you get a 4 seater porsche, its meerly an insurance item. cuz the only thing you can really fit back there is a toddler seat

Old 07-07-2006, 04:38 AM   #40
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspeak
I said it before and'll say it again. You really need to drive the actual Carrera itself from which automotive legends are made from...Comparing an SL, XK or Lexus sc430 to a Carrera...is plain stupid. A Carrera is solely a performance car or rather near supercar in many of its variations. The cars that you compared it to are luxury cruisers with some performance tossed in as a mere side dish when compared to the legend that is the Carrera.

Take most of the world's supercars for instance...are they extremely expensive? Yes. Do people buy them? Hell yes. Do people buy them for their supercar performance and heritage? Yes. Do people buy them for their luxury features? NO. Do they offer luxury features? Hardly.

I attribute that to the fact that most consumers are ignorant and this allows automakers to take advantage of them. Most consumers just don't know shit.

I realize that the cars are made for different purposes and different consumers, but why should that affect the price? Look strictly at what you're getting... and then it should be pretty clear as to why the porsches are rip-offs.

Why not the corvette z06 then? You can get that for about 65k and it is more powerful than most all porsches, including the carrera 4s cabriolet... That has a historic reputation just as well does it not? And it's not a piece of crap unreliable car like all other chevrolets.

What I am talking about is comparisons in the market. When comparing the porsche to any other car that's similar, the porsche is grossly over-priced for the benefits. You are saying that because people are stupid enough to buy it that it is worth the money. It's not. It's still a rip-off. What makes a car expensive (or rather what should) is A. the engine/performance and B. the luxury of it.

The funny thing is that after all this arguing I probably will buy a porsche some day :\ Oh that reminds me of another car that rips you off to hell...maseratis :\

Porsche has taken a step in the right direction with the 911 turbo, however. That's a very reasonable price for it although I would personally prefer to buy an sl600.

Is the carrera gt nice on the interior? I can't really find any pics or info.

TO MAZDAMAN: The sl and xlr are both 2 seaters as well :P
Old 07-07-2006, 05:23 AM   #41
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

I attribute that to the fact that most consumers are ignorant and this allows automakers to take advantage of them. Most consumers just don't know shit.
no, while some people dont know whattheyre paying for, theyre not neccessarily getting ripped off. but at the same time, if someone can afford something like that, they probably dont much care

I realize that the cars are made for different purposes and different consumers, but why should that affect the price? Look strictly at what you're getting... and then it should be pretty clear as to why the porsches are rip-offs.
see above, oh, plus... heres something not many people think about... quality of materials and time spent in R&D!!!! something GM and Ford never really thought about

Why not the corvette z06 then? You can get that for about 65k and it is more powerful than most all porsches, including the carrera 4s cabriolet... That has a historic reputation just as well does it not? And it's not a piece of crap unreliable car like all other chevrolets.
nobody likes gm... why? well, its gm....
also, as above, quallity of materials. look at the interior of the corvette. plastic doorpanels, plastic dash, plastic everywhere. now look at Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Maserati... whats in all of those? real leather everywhere. real carbonfibre....... you get what you pay for

What I am talking about is comparisons in the market. When comparing the porsche to any other car that's similar, the porsche is grossly over-priced for the benefits. You are saying that because people are stupid enough to buy it that it is worth the money. It's not. It's still a rip-off. What makes a car expensive (or rather what should) is A. the engine/performance and B. the luxury of it.
see above

The funny thing is that after all this arguing I probably will buy a porsche some day :\ Oh that reminds me of another car that rips you off to hell...maseratis :\
bullshit, see above. now your pissin me off. youre turning out to be incredibally ignorant. may i ask you a question? when was the last time you drove a quattroporte or gransport? never, thats what i f*cking thought

Porsche has taken a step in the right direction with the 911 turbo, however. That's a very reasonable price for it although I would personally prefer to buy an sl600.
wait for the recalls...

Is the carrera gt nice on the interior? I can't really find any pics or info.
http://www.porsche.com/filestore.asp...iletype=normal
gorgeous

TO MAZDAMAN: The sl and xlr are both 2 seaters as well :P
didnt read that part, just read luxury

Old 07-07-2006, 06:15 AM   #42
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast

Indeed man...you go yapping about all those luxurious amenities your ass needs in a damn sports car for two pages and then start leaning towards a Z06...

Z06 interior:

Carrera interior:

Now tell me which interior is more luxurious? The C6's plastic-infested interior is reminiscent to that of a Cavalier or Cobalt.

And that Carrera GT really is something...its got the most beautiful interior I've ever seen by far. Seeing the GT upclose makes it look all that much better too.

Last edited by Newspeak : 07-07-2006 at 06:18 AM.
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:25 AM   #43
elchango36
WWJCD

I wish I had a gif of Jeremy Clarkson poking the Corvette's rear end as it popped in and out. Go GM build quality.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:26 AM   #44
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspeak

Z06 interior:

is that a bloody screw holding the centreconsol on?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:14 AM   #45
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i hate when people sign off for the night, leaving me to wait untill the next day to hear them rant