Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
newyorker
MXman

My next car

So in about a year im going to sell the civic for something a bit more upscale. I have several things I want in the car.

1. Comfortable
2. Good performance (at least 200 horsepower)
3. Manual is a must
4. Would preffer it to have HID headlights
5. Something bigger than my civic but not too big
6. Reliable
7. 4 cylinder
8. 2004 and newer

So far all I have as my cars of choice are these 2. If you have any other additions to my list, please post, or tell me why my choices are bad cars, etc.

1. Acura TSX 6-speed manual

2. Volkswagen Passat 2.0t 6-speed manual

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/ima...02860577686031
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Last edited by newyorker : 07-13-2007 at 05:48 PM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
What
Banned

With all the experience you have on this forum, you still managed to not include a price range. And the IS250's V6 should have filtered it out of your specifications.

Why seek 4-bangers? Wouldn't you do better to list a gas mileage you'd like?

Stop kidding yourself and buy the Civic Si.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
With all the experience you have on this forum, you still managed to not include a price range. And the IS250's V6 should have filtered it out of your specifications.

Why seek 4-bangers? Wouldn't you do better to list a gas mileage you'd like?

Stop kidding yourself and buy the Civic Si.
Thought the 250 had a 4 cylinder..whoops. Honestly, I like the civic Si, but I imagine them to be very rough riding cars because of the sport tuned suspension and this and that. Not a fan of that spaceship interior either. Or the digital speedo in the heads up display double tier dash crap

Price is not really a big deal..all of the cars id be looking at would be in the low 20k prices by the time I went to get them. Im gona end up selling my civic and financing the rest of it out, plus probbably put some money in from my savings.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Thought the 250 had a 4 cylinder..whoops. Honestly, I like the civic Si, but I imagine them to be very rough riding cars because of the sport tuned suspension and this and that. Not a fan of that spaceship interior either. Or the digital speedo in the heads up display double tier dash crap

Price is not really a big deal..all of the cars id be looking at would be in the low 20k prices by the time I went to get them. Im gona end up selling my civic and financing the rest of it out, plus probbably put some money in from my savings.
If I were your father, I'd advise you to keep your Civic and save the big boy cars for when you're a bigger boy. No need in plunging yourself deeper into debt for a car at your age. You don't want to be in a situation where you have to work. That sucks.

I hope it's a coincidence that you're seeking a new car only days after receiving a whipping about your "performance parts" in your prior thread. You were so proud of your Civic in the beginning of that thread...now you're selling it. If this is part of the reason, don't let us get you down. Go back to your thread and type "f*ck you all".
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #5
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
If I were your father, I'd advise you to keep your Civic and save the big boy cars for when you're a bigger boy. No need in plunging yourself deeper into debt for a car at your age. You don't want to be in a situation where you have to work. That sucks.

I hope it's a coincidence that you're seeking a new car only days after receiving a whipping about your "performance parts" in your prior thread. You were so proud of your Civic in the beginning of that thread...now you're selling it. If this is part of the reason, don't let us get you down. Go back to your thread and type "f*ck you all".
no but im ready to move on with my life. im not selling the civic quite yet I just wanted a bit more info on some other cars. Il prolly have the civic till the end of college.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
I'm with What on this one. Didn't you say you were going to be having a kid sometime soon? Save your money for things you will need. Your Civic is reliable, gets good MPG, and insurance is probably pretty low. Unless you've found a sugarmomma, dont be stupid.

Last edited by giant016 : 07-13-2007 at 08:26 PM.
giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
I'm with What on this one. Didn't you say you were going to be having a kid sometime soon? Save your money for things you will need. Your Civic is reliable, gets good MPG, and insurance is probably pretty low. Unless you've found a sugarmomma, dont be stupid.
I got really lucky on that one. I was already ready to sell my civic if she was pregnant, but turns out she isnt.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:01 AM   #8
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

The Civic Si wouldn't be as rough as you think. Remember, it's still a Honda passenger car that's intended to be mass-marketed to a large demographic. Fun, but aggressive suspension and ride quality would rule out more people in it's price range then it would attract.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:54 AM   #9
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Why are you ONLY seekin 4 cylinders. Thats pretty strange, especially when your only looking at big car.
4 Bangers and Big Cars rarely mix well
Old 07-21-2007, 03:24 AM   #10
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Unless you want a completely different type of car (say a sports car)... I don't think there's much sense in buying a new one just for the sake of having a new one.

Your car's great, minus the gadgets and convenience features...but your budget doesn't allow for a car that offers a ton of those anyhow.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #11
glagon1979
daddy x3

why a 4 door? please tell me you arent like one of my friends and own a 4 door so you can cart all of your friends around. or is it that you dont trust anyone elses driving, so therefore you always opt to drive?
Old 07-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #12
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
why a 4 door? please tell me you arent like one of my friends and own a 4 door so you can cart all of your friends around. or is it that you dont trust anyone elses driving, so therefore you always opt to drive?
no I just feel that sedans look more professional and practical...plus they are sometimes cheaper to insure, dont have huge doors, and wehn I go to take my parents and grandma out, 83 year old grandma doesnt have to struggle to get out of the back seat. I dunno Ive always liked sedans with a few exceptions...just felt more classic to me

Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #13
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
If you have to park in a parking lot everyday for school and work, 2-doors get old pretty quick. Either have people park 2 inches from you and you have to crawl in, or park all the way at the end of the lot. I like the looks enough to offset that, but I can understand why somebody would want a 4-door.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:54 AM   #14
struTTinTelloS
CF Newbie

I personally think that the Acura is HOT but thats just me
struTTinTelloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 AM   #15
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by struTTinTelloS
I personally think that the Acura is HOT but thats just me