Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
eds426
CF Newbie

jeep front end noise

Hello everyone, I just found this site gave a little info on myself and joinedv up. There seem to be alot of good advice and opions on here so I hope someone can help me. I have a 1998 Jeep grand Cherokee Larado quadra trac 4 wd. 95,000 mi. I just put a 3" suspension lift and 31" tires on it. I developed a rumbleing noise and slight vibration and 2000-2500 rpm. it doesnt happen before or after this. I recently built the entire front end including axles. It comes w/ 2 different drive lines, a long one and a short one, both w/ cv joints. I have the long one. I found a short one, extended it all the way out, and about 80-90% of the noise went away. there was only about 1" of splines in the other end so I had to put my long end on it and the noise came back. The drive line shop said everything looked fine on the drive line.Sombody said it could be clutches in the tranfer case. If anybody has had this problem or has any good advise on how to fix it, I would really appreciate it. THANK YOU, DESPARTE PLEASE HELP ED
eds426 is offline   Reply With Quote