Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2006, 09:23 PM   #61
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Haha alright fair enough, do you have the 100 watt 6 inch? If you do how loud can you turn it up (how hard will it hit) without the bass sounding papery or distorted?
I have 6's, 8's and 10's in various vehicles. In a cab the size of yours, the 6" will hit hard enough to rattle trim, vibrate sheetmetal and be annoying after about a minute or so. Either the 6" or 8" will fit nicely between your seats as they're 18+" long. I think the 10" will be too long because it's closer to 22". You have to have at least 6" to 8" clearance between the port and any structure. I've found they sound better, striclty in my opinion, when faced toward something solid instead of under the dash. I figure it has something to do with having something even/straight to reflect off of instead of the pedals/shifter/legs/etc.

I am not a stereo expert, but this is my direct experience.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #62
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I have 6's, 8's and 10's in various vehicles. In a cab the size of yours, the 6" will hit hard enough to rattle trim, vibrate sheetmetal and be annoying after about a minute or so. Either the 6" or 8" will fit nicely between your seats as they're 18+" long. I think the 10" will be too long because it's closer to 22". You have to have at least 6" to 8" clearance between the port and any structure. I've found they sound better, striclty in my opinion, when faced toward something solid instead of under the dash. I figure it has something to do with having something even/straight to reflect off of instead of the pedals/shifter/legs/etc.

I am not a stereo expert, but this is my direct experience.
At Circuit City they have a 50 watt 10 that I might try and if I'm not satisfied with how it is I'll return it and go for the 100 watt.

So what your saying is I should have the sub's speaker facing the rear sliding window instead of facing my shifter?
Old 09-25-2006, 09:28 PM   #63
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
At Circuit City they have a 50 watt 10 that I might try and if I'm not satisfied with how it is I'll return it and go for the 100 watt.

So what your saying is I should have the sub's speaker facing the rear sliding window instead of facing my shifter?
Yep. Have you tried Crutchfield?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 09-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #64
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Yep. Have you tried Crutchfield?
Yessir first place I went , thats where I got the idea for the 10 inch 100 watt Audiobahn for like 179.00.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FJigTUG...0&I=204BTA8100

I really want to go with that one

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FJigTUG...0&I=204BTA1010

But I REALLY want to get this one, I have about 23-24 inches until I would have a problem of the sub getting hit when I shift to 2nd, 4th, and reverse so it most likely would fit.

EDIT: You know an 8 inch would suffice plus its my 1st vehicle and I need to concentrate on the road more than the bass in my music, so I'll just get the smaller sub and not try and make an asshole out of myself by having so much bass in that little cab that it will rattle like hell.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:41 PM   #65
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Yessir first place I went , thats where I got the idea for the 10 inch 100 watt Audiobahn for like 179.00.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FJigTUG...0&I=204BTA8100

I really want to go with that one

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-FJigTUG...0&I=204BTA1010

But I REALLY want to get this one, I have about 23-24 inches until I would have a problem of the sub getting hit when I shift to 2nd, 4th, and reverse so it most likely would fit.

EDIT: You know an 8 inch would suffice plus its my 1st vehicle and I need to concentrate on the road more than the bass in my music, so I'll just get the smaller sub and not try and make an asshole out of myself by having so much bass in that little cab that it will rattle like hell.
You can't go that big because you have to have sufficient air space. The installation directions explain the reasons why better than I can. After all, I'm just a dummy that likes my Skynyrd and Metallica loud.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #66
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
You can't go that big because you have to have sufficient air space. The installation directions explain the reasons why better than I can. After all, I'm just a dummy that likes my Skynyrd and Metallica loud.
Hmm alright, sounds like I'm goin 8 inch 100 watt! When I get it I'll post an audio vid of it playin a RIDICULOUSLY bassy song called Late Night Tip by Three Six Mafia.

Skynyrd is classic, you like Molly Hatchet?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #67
glagon1979
daddy x3

you know hey make custom boxes that fit behind the seat of your truck. that way you can put whatever was between your seats back where it belongs. bazookas are ok i guess, just not my cup of tea. i like big amps with sealed boxes. i fit 3 10's behind the seat of my '88 ranger when i had it. after i get the 429 between the rails and running on my project ranger, im going to build an in bed box and port it to the cab. should sound sick
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #68
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
you know hey make custom boxes that fit behind the seat of your truck. that way you can put whatever was between your seats back where it belongs. bazookas are ok i guess, just not my cup of tea. i like big amps with sealed boxes. i fit 3 10's behind the seat of my '88 ranger when i had it. after i get the 429 between the rails and running on my project ranger, im going to build an in bed box and port it to the cab. should sound sick
God I love the bed box ported to the cab I would LOVE to do that, just don't have the time, patience and know how to do it hehe, I too am one for big subs and big amps, my dads 03 Altima has 2 10's in the back that really bump, I just need somethin small that gives me nice clean bass that I don't need to replace my headunit with
Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 PM   #69
99integra
CF's Florida boy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BAZOO...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audio...QQcmdZViewItem

Opinions?

Last edited by 99integra : 09-26-2006 at 11:25 PM.
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:25 PM   #70
99integra
CF's Florida boy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BAZOO...QQcmdZViewItem

Uhh yes!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 PM   #71
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Uhh NO! Don't buy it Steven. In order to save $10, you're going to get a used, possibly damaged tube with no mounts, instructions or warranty. On the other hand, Crutchfield will take care of you for the rest of your life and you get a brand new part in a sealed box. Most times, the cheapest option isn't the best value. This is definitely one of those times.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #72
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Uhh NO! Don't buy it Steven. In order to save $10, you're going to get a used, possibly damaged tube with no mounts, instructions or warranty. On the other hand, Crutchfield will take care of you for the rest of your life and you get a brand new part in a sealed box. Most times, the cheapest option isn't the best value. This is definitely one of those times.
Well your right, audio products are ALWAYS abused at least a little bit, too much urge to turn it up loud! Plus Crutchfield comes with warranties..hmm alright, looks like I'm definately goin there.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #73
99integra
CF's Florida boy

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MyaKd68...tab=review#Tab

Looks like we have a weiner
Old 09-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #74
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Steven, you know you're comparing a BTA8100 and a BTA8200.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:45 PM   #75
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Steven, you know you're comparing a BTA8100 and a BTA8200.
Yeah I just don't wanna break my bank

I'd like to be able to put some money back into the bank and save up

I would LOVE to have the 200 watt but I would need to get some money out of my other accounts and I don't wanna do that, but we'll see, I've been known to splurge