Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #1
azureblayze
CF Newbie

Need a comparison

Hello,

I'm in the market for a new car, and I've pretty much narrowed it down to two cars (though any other suggestions would be helpful). It comes down to the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart edition, or the new Volkwagen Rabbit (the golf with more power and more GTI-esque look). I live in Canada, and my budget is around $25,000CDN after tax (works out to around $23kUSD, though I'm not sure if prices are the same). I was wondering what everyone thinks about the two cars, and which you would think of as the "better" car. Aftermarket is NOT a factor, I don't plan on upgrading my first car.

Thanks in advance
azureblayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azureblayze
Hello,

I'm in the market for a new car, and I've pretty much narrowed it down to two cars (though any other suggestions would be helpful). It comes down to the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart edition, or the new Volkwagen Rabbit (the golf with more power and more GTI-esque look). I live in Canada, and my budget is around $25,000CDN after tax (works out to around $23kUSD, though I'm not sure if prices are the same). I was wondering what everyone thinks about the two cars, and which you would think of as the "better" car. Aftermarket is NOT a factor, I don't plan on upgrading my first car.

Thanks in advance
I've heard about the Rabbit name being revived, is it even out yet though? (unless it's been out there for sometime....I know it's not on sale in the UK yet!). I think I'd go for this car as I think it's more powerfull and more than likely, better built, too!

Is the Lancer Raliart just the 1.6litre with a body kit? I know it's no Evo, hence why I said the Rabbit was more powerfull!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 06-19-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
azureblayze
CF Newbie

The Ralliart editions here in Canada have 2.4L powerhouses putting out a peak of 162 horsepower (at 5750RPMs apparently). For comparison purposes, the Rabbit has a 2.5L engine with a peak of 150 horses (not sure at what RPMs it produces that).

The Rabbit is out in Canada, just arrived at the dealers' a few days ago.

I'll be getting automatic transmissions by the way, as I don't know how to drive stick at the moment.
azureblayze is offline   Reply With Quote