Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
MattyG23
CF Newbie

toyota celica good car?

i will be shopping for my first car in about august and am liking the celica gts a 2001 or 2000. i was wondering what insight you guys had on this car or if any of you have owned one.

Last edited by MattyG23 : 06-22-2006 at 03:57 PM.
MattyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyG23
i will be shopping for my first car in about august and am liking the celica gts a 2001 or 2000. i was wondering what insight you guys had on this car or if any of you have owned one.
Celicas are generally a very reliable, sensible introduction to sports car driving, All Celicas of that era are front wheel drive, and they're reasonably economical, too! The only thing that might put some people off them, is the styling on 2000 plus models. Other than that, if ya can find a nice one, go for it!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
MattyG23
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Celicas are generally a very reliable, sensible introduction to sports car driving, All Celicas of that era are front wheel drive, and they're reasonably economical, too! The only thing that might put some people off them, is the styling on 2000 plus models. Other than that, if ya can find a nice one, go for it!
what about its performance though ive read mixed reviews, its got 180 hp but some say its slow off the line
Old 06-22-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyG23
what about its performance though ive read mixed reviews, its got 180 hp but some say its slow off the line
Dont expect drag racer accelaration, because you wont get it. Off the top of my head, you can expect a 0-62 time of arounf 8.0-8.5seconds(ish), and a top speed of about 125mph(ish.....again, lol)

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #5
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
The only thing that might put some people off them, is the styling on 2000 plus models.
What are you talking about Cliffy, I've always loved the styling of the 7th gen Celica. I esp. love the cockpit... I mean the interior. The styling reminds me of a fighter jet.

Not to mention there's a pretty good aftermarket for the Celica and her 2ZZ engine. If your getting a Celica of this generation, the GTS is the one too get.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #6
MattyG23
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
What are you talking about Cliffy, I've always loved the styling of the 7th gen Celica. I esp. love the cockpit... I mean the interior. The styling reminds me of a fighter jet.

Not to mention there's a pretty good aftermarket for the Celica and her 2ZZ engine. If your getting a Celica of this generation, the GTS is the one too get.

yea i love the appearance too
Old 06-24-2006, 03:03 AM   #7
dsmracersv98
CF Enthusiast

guys, take it from somone who actually has one, i own a 2001 toyota celica gt, mine goes 0-60 quicker than 8 seconds, it has a chip intake and exhaust though. Also if ur in high school, get one, all the girls seem to love them, and most guys seem to also, everyone has complimented me on my car. They are very reliable and handle good also, and seem to pick up fairly quickly for the small amount of power it puts out
dsmracersv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #8
GR4VD1GRB1LL
CF Newbie

my sister has an 05 celica. it is such a nice car. It gets good mileage and easily gets to one hundred and plus it is comfy. It has good handling and really good braking. It is more of a girls sports car though since it is I guess safer, you don't feel like you're living dangerously but it is a good car and nice to look at.
GR4VD1GRB1LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #9
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR4VD1GRB1LL
my sister has an 05 celica. it is such a nice car. It gets good mileage and easily gets to one hundred and plus it is comfy. It has good handling and really good braking. It is more of a girls sports car though since it is I guess safer, you don't feel like you're living dangerously but it is a good car and nice to look at.
WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP F*CKING STEREOTYPING CAR'S TO CERTAIN GENDERS!!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR4VD1GRB1LL
Since when does a more dangerous car make you more manly?...I think you have some insecurity issues there lol...Does that mean that most race cars are girly because they have roll cages and safety harnesses /seats? lol...

EDIT: BTW I'm with Teggy lol.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:24 AM   #11
GR4VD1GRB1LL
CF Newbie

[quote=chris_knows]Since when does a more dangerous car make you more manly?...I think you have some insecurity issues there lol...Does that mean that most race cars are girly because they have roll cages and safety harnesses /seats? lol...

It should be safe as in you should come out without a scratch but it shouldn't be safe as in you can easily do a donut and peel out of parking lot at 150. Maybe that is just me though. I like to have a car that I had to do mods on it to make it go fast and handle well and flip over. more heart that way

Last edited by GR4VD1GRB1LL : 07-01-2006 at 04:25 AM.
GR4VD1GRB1LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:33 AM   #12
dsmracersv98
CF Enthusiast

yes, shame on mitsubishi for making the evo handle well and go fast, shame on nissan for making the skyline, why on earth would anyone want a fast and good handeling car, whats wrong with the world
Old 07-04-2006, 05:53 AM   #13
DRFT-R
CF Enthusiast

celica's are wrong.
DRFT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #14
dsmracersv98
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFT-R
celica's are wrong.

do u have or ever have driven a celica, what makes you think theyre wrong, because really, they are a good car
Old 07-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #15
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmracersv98
do u have or ever have driven a celica, what makes you think theyre wrong, because really, they are a good car
Duh, he's a "drifter" and the Celica's FWD. I was gonna call him out, but I didn't want to start a flamewar.