Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #1
LORDBRITISH
CF Newbie

Mercedes or Lexus?

I have just started doing the whole first car thing and can spend from 15,000-20,000 that I saved from my summer jobs.

I have found two awesome used cars. One is the 2002 Lexus Rx300 and the other is the Mercedes 2002 ML320. Both seem almost equal in specs and price.

From test driving, the ML320 seems to oversteer a little to begin with but is much more solid. The RX300 seems to have slightly less drive and the steering seems to be a little easyer to get used to.

Any suggestions? I just heard Merc and jumped at the name, lol.
LORDBRITISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Both are nice and relatively equal. The MBZ is probably a bit safer as far as crash...but that's just a guess.

However...no car company has yet beat Lexus to customer satisfaction! The dealer will always treat you better than MBZ or any other company. Having previously owned a Lexus LS400...I can tell you that Lexus is the BEST for customer service. BMW...as much as I prefer the car, is quite frustrating to deal with. MBZ is average...I have an E320 now and the service is nothing to write home about.

So...if I were choosing between those two choices, it would be the Lexus 100%!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

They each have their good things going for them. The Lexus has outstanding reliability (MB, especially the M-Class, are known for poor reliability); the Benz has the name. We have a Lexus RX330 (the next generation after the RX300 you are looking at) and I find it to be outstanding (I get to drive it when someone is using my Camry... seems like a good trade off to me).

I would go with the Lexus because I know it will be reliable and several people in our family have that generation RX.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote