Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
iam1funnychick
CF Newbie

Unhappy 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan Blinker

About 6 months ago, my left turn blinker started going out. The bulb is fine. When it goes out, there is no sound and no blinker indicator on my panel. It started out that it worked about 75% of the time. Now, I'm lucky if I can get it to work 5% of the time. I have NEVER had a problem with my right blinker. It's just the left.

Now here's the "blond" question: Why is the right working and the left not? Aren't they both in the same "turn signal switch"???

EVerything else is going fine.

Does it sound like the turn signal switch? I will probably take it to a repair shop because I have an air bag and don't want to mess with that for safety reasons. Is that probably for the best?

Any idea what $$$ I'm looking at for that repair?
iam1funnychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #2
Lizard King 6B
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam1funnychick
Does it sound like the turn signal switch? I will probably take it to a repair shop because I have an air bag and don't want to mess with that for safety reasons. Is that probably for the best?

Any idea what $$$ I'm looking at for that repair?

Seems there is a plague of turn signal problems going around.

Sounds like it may be the switch. As far as cost. I think i paid ~$20 for mine. Of course it's typical for repair shops to charge you more and it took me around an hour (the repair shop will milk for more time, average ~$65 an hour). If you wanted to do it yourself stand outside vehicle, remove two bolts from behind steering wheel and pull out airbag and disconnect power. There is always a chance of airbag engagement but as long as you are not in front of it, no worries (except cost of re-loading).
kill today because they pissed me off.
Lizard King 6B is offline   Reply With Quote