Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #16
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
its is good how he controls that car!!!
shame it ended in such a way (im not sympathetic, just saying)
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:12 PM   #17
O-P-ET
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
As of now, the Bugatti Veyron 16.4.

hmm do you know how much gas mileage that thing gets? 2.1 mpg. thats bad.

although it is rather b-a with the acceleration. has anyone seen the top gear where a mclaren f1 raced the bugatti and they allowed the mclaren to reach 120 before the veyron started? the bugatti still beat it 200.
O-P-ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #18
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast
 
Newspeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-P-ET
hmm do you know how much gas mileage that thing gets? 2.1 mpg. thats bad.

although it is rather b-a with the acceleration. has anyone seen the top gear where a mclaren f1 raced the bugatti and they allowed the mclaren to reach 120 before the veyron started? the bugatti still beat it 200.

Haha, that Veyron is an amazing beast. I read that if you drive the Veyron at top speed (250miles or 400km/h), it'll run out of fuel in a whole 12 minutes.
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #19
nighthawk
Part Time Active User
 
nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspeak
Haha, that Veyron is an amazing beast. I read that if you drive the Veyron at top speed (250miles or 400km/h), it'll run out of fuel in a whole 12 minutes.

thats right,,

must be the best car in the world

but 100% serious now- It really is the worlds greatest car, somebody name something bad about the thing, besides the gas mileage
I cant think of anything, even the looks are perfect
__________________

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #20
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
thats right,,

must be the best car in the world

but 100% serious now- It really is the worlds greatest car, somebody name something bad about the thing, besides the gas mileage
I cant think of anything, even the looks are perfect
Well it's not good for long distance.. and what if you wanted to take it grocery shopping? Unless you only want a loaf of bread, you're kind of screwed on places to put things
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #21
Benson
seeking snappy title.
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-P-ET
hmm do you know how much gas mileage that thing gets? 2.1 mpg. thats bad.

although it is rather b-a with the acceleration. has anyone seen the top gear where a mclaren f1 raced the bugatti and they allowed the mclaren to reach 120 before the veyron started? the bugatti still beat it 200.

F*cking idiot. When you drive a car that expensive you dont care about gas mileage and shouldn't have trouble paying for gas and when you drive a car that is that fast you dont care either.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #22
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast
 
Newspeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson
F*cking idiot. When you drive a car that expensive you dont care about gas mileage and shouldn't have trouble paying for gas and when you drive a car that is that fast you dont care either.

Haha, indeed. It's a car made solely for the rich.
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:33 AM   #23
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspeak
Haha, that Veyron is an amazing beast. I read that if you drive the Veyron at top speed (250miles or 400km/h), it'll run out of fuel in a whole 12 minutes.

And at 253 mph its only using 700 or so of its 1,001 available horsepower. Incredible, isn't it? I bet at 1,001 hp it would burn all of its gasoline in 8 minutes.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:37 AM   #24
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
whats the point of owning a car if you wont get full speed out of it in many legal places, your not even gonna get it at a race track, the only place is a rolling road at a test bay!!!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:51 AM   #25
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
whats the point of owning a car if you wont get full speed out of it in many legal places, your not even gonna get it at a race track, the only place is a rolling road at a test bay!!!

Why couldn't you take it to a race track? Besides, its not really about what the car does. It what it can do that matters to some people. It may be hard for you brits to beleive, but some places power is more important that fuel economy or cargo room.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:54 AM   #26
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
i know, what i meant about the bugatti is that, yeah you could take it too the track and blitz everyone on it, but i doubt theres a track big enough to let it do top speed, but i stand corrected, i just thought of ovals and airports!
sorry, im tired and my brains not working properly lol
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:58 AM   #27
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
And at 253 mph its only using 700 or so of its 1,001 available horsepower. Incredible, isn't it? I bet at 1,001 hp it would burn all of its gasoline in 8 minutes.
It's using the full 1001 hp at that speed. Who lied to you.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:04 AM   #28
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
doesnt the hummer h2 use more fuel than the bugatti or have i also been lied to?????
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:19 AM   #29
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire
 
PontiacFan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Grove City, PA
Posts: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
It's using the full 1001 hp at that speed. Who lied to you.

No, it isn't. It may have used the full hp to get to that speed, but at 253 mph in top gear its only using 700 or so hp. It's governed, it can go alot faster.
__________________
PontiacFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:34 AM   #30
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
No, it isn't. It may have used the full hp to get to that speed, but at 253 mph in top gear its only using 700 or so hp. It's governed, it can go alot faster.
The Bugatti Veyron is a very inefficient vehicle when it comes to aerodynamics. Very. But what you're saying is that the Veyron needs only 70 more horsepower than the McLaren F1 to go over 10 mph faster? The McLaren F1 has a "slicker" design than the Veyron, and Gordon Murray claims that the F1 would need at least 750 hp to match the Veyron's top speed. 250 hp less than what the Veyron needs because the Veyron is such a poor design...aerodynamically.


Are you saying that the Veyron needs 1000 hp to reach 253 mph, but only 700 hp to sustain it? If this is what you are saying, physics says you are wrong. 700 hp isn't nearly enough for the VEYRON to overcome 253 mph worth of drag.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.