Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2004, 05:58 AM   #1
ramprat101
CF Newbie

2000 neon door lock

2000 Dodge Neon 4 door 5 speed I'm not sure Of the engine size. I'll pop the hood in the morning and peek if need be.
The problem I have is the power door lock keep locking, The door locks on thier own when I hit 5 mph as they're suppose to. But then they Intermittently keep locking and the dome light comes on.
For a 15 minute drive the doorlocks engage about twenty times.

I have took the keyless remote off my keychain and left it at home, (I thought it might have something to do with it) It had no effect. Anybody Know whats going on?
ramprat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:22 PM   #2
SpKM3
CF Newbie

My neon is possessed as well...

Hey man... My Dodge Neon (2000) is doing the same thing. I can hear a clicking sound coming from the right of the instrument cluster. My doors will lock too and the dome light flashes off and on as well. Now it's starting to do it whenever the car is parked and the keys are out of the ignition. I'm going to try a few things to see if they work. But for now, my car is still possessed
SpKM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:56 PM   #3
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

The clicking is the relay that drives the door locks .... something is telling the controller to lock the doors. Either the controller itself is dodgy, or the signal from the speedo or wherever is dodgy.

If you don't need the "lock over 5mph" function, I'd suggest removing it altogether.