Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
bigpileofstupid
Banned

whitch is the better deal

im new to the forum, i was wondering if a 02 standard focus se (94000m) is a better deal than a 98 standard firebird (74000m) 6 cylinder?
bigpileofstupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast

One can't really say which is a better deal if you don't provide the price for each...
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
bigpileofstupid
Banned

5495 for the focus and 5995 for the firebird
Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpileofstupid
im new to the forum, i was wondering if a 02 standard focus se (94000m) is a better deal than a 98 standard firebird (74000m) 6 cylinder?
Newsflash. Whether we know the year, make model and price or not, nobody here can decide "whitch" () is best because we don't know "whitch" () is better deal for what. Before you type another word, think out what criteria you define as better and THEN you can get some reasonable help.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
bigpileofstupid
Banned

ok well then whats the general feel of a focus over a firebird? is there anyone that has an opinion on both cars?

please if someone's going to post please just help me out with the question i'd apprciate no more lame flames.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

i can tell you that a focus is going to be nothing like a firebird
if your on a budget, id say the focus, but if you have a garage and tools...

the firebird

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpileofstupid
ok well then whats the general feel of a focus over a firebird? is there anyone that has an opinion on both cars?

please if someone's going to post please just help me out with the question i'd apprciate no more lame flames.
Another e-tard who just doesn't get it. A Focus feels like a small economy car. A 6-cylinder Fireturd feels like something a 40 year old divorced secratary would drive to make her look young. You still haven't defined what it takes to make a car a better deal in your eyes. Until you can competently do that, you're just wasting bandwidth.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 07-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
Newspeak
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Another e-tard who just doesn't get it. A Focus feels like a small economy car. A 6-cylinder Fireturd feels like something a 40 year old divorced secratary would drive to make her look young. You still haven't defined what it takes to make a car a better deal in your eyes. Until you can competently do that, you're just wasting bandwidth.

Hahaha.
Newspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #9
Spade
CF Enthusiast

Quote:

The first time you combated me, i felt like an idiot, and fought back.

But i think you sober'd up my ignorance, and i now appreciate how much ass you kick.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:56 AM   #10
True_Brit
Has a new job!

is the focus 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 2.2 litre, diesel/petrol, old shape/facelifted model???
whats the firebird look like? rusty, bad shape, needs work?
id have the focus for practicality, efficiency etc etc

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
Spade
CF Enthusiast

You haven't supplied us with enough information, pictures of the cars, condition, spec's.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
is the focus 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 2.2 litre, diesel/petrol, old shape/facelifted model???
whats the firebird look like? rusty, bad shape, needs work?
id have the focus for practicality, efficiency etc etc
I dont think the Focus received a facelift in the US, as their original model looked more like our facelift (with integrated indicators in the radiator grille.......although dated now, in 2001 it was probably deamed ground breaking, lol)

I'm also not sure if as many engines were offered that side of the pond, I think they might have Focused (excuse the unintentional pun, lol) on the larger, 2.0-litre model! Also, I've never known of a 2.2-litre model, are you refering to the ST Focus? as I'm sure that's a 2.4-litre Volvo turbo engine!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I dont think the Focus received a facelift in the US, as their original model looked more like our facelift (with integrated indicators in the radiator grille.......although dated now, in 2001 it was probably deamed ground breaking, lol)

I'm also not sure if as many engines were offered that side of the pond, I think they might have Focused (excuse the unintentional pun, lol) on the larger, 2.0-litre model! Also, I've never known of a 2.2-litre model, are you refering to the ST Focus? as I'm sure that's a 2.4-litre Volvo turbo engine!
Just for your info, the US spec '02 Focus SE was available only with a 2.0l gas (petrol) engine, either SOHC (VIN P) or DOHC (VIN 3).

Old 07-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Just for your info, the US spec '02 Focus SE was available only with a 2.0l gas (petrol) engine, either SOHC (VIN P) or DOHC (VIN 3).
Thanx for the info. They made a SOHC Focus? I'm assuming it was an 8-valve model?

By the way, did you guys in the US ever have a Focus like the following? as that's our facelifted model, from 2001 - 2005...

Facelift 2001 2005:

Pre-facelift 1998 - 2001:

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 07-08-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
They made a SOHC Focus? I'm assuming it was an 8-valve model?
You would be assuming correctly.