Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #46
davsmitty
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Me? I'm gonna go rub some grape jelly on my balls.

...hey, it worked for me
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #47
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Remember what happened when I decided to agree with them and agree that ALL opinions are right, no matter how factually incorrect thay are proven to be?

I remember typing this:

Quote:
But I concede the point. Forming and holding tightly to closed up opinions that are based on little or no knowledge and experience, is so much more a valuable goal than anything else an automotive enthusiast can aspire to. In fact, the best goal would be to learn and experience the least, but form and hold tight to as many opinions as you can invent.

I won't bother trying to change anyone's mind, or give the benfit of decades of experience, as your opinions are so much more valuable than any actual knowledge might be.

Sorry to waste your valuable time with anything approaching facts.

I will strive to follow your shining examples from here on out. And if I happen to give any advice based at all on factual information or real experience, remind me to stop, so I won't offend anyone's tightly held, but unsubstantiated, opinions. Because those are the most bestest things anyone can have.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:35 PM   #48
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Isn't this common sense? lol
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #49
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Me? I'm gonna go rub some grape jelly on my balls.

i prefer strawberry preserves...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:48 PM   #50
Wally
I Know More Than You

peanut butter and a goat.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:02 AM   #51
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
peanut butter and a goat.

n-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:17 PM   #52
blckbmmrM3
CF Newbie

Quote:
You have been answered, you just aren't smart enough to know it. If you don't think you have, ask a direct question and I'll be happy to spoon feed you one time.

you have NOT answered my question. you have not explained why you flame me for making a mistake just because I got sidetracked.

As for the thing about my father I do not know for the racing series.
blckbmmrM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:28 PM   #53
blckbmmrM3
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz
a 55 year old father, with tremendous amounts of experience and knowledge of cars. though you have done all that, I am sure the 7 extra years my father has been alive allows him to know slightly more, possibly. I am not trying to say my dad knows everything, I am just saying its possible, you may actually know more.

I was wondering, if your father is so knowledgable and has so much experience why are you here asking questions?

My dad wants me to learn every thing first hand, and for him not to tell me and it makes life more interesting, and I should learn from my mistakes, and all that stuff parents tell their children. so its up to me to learn, and for people who know more to fix my mistakes without insulting me just because I am young.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #54
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckbmmrM3
you have NOT answered my question. you have not explained why you flame me for making a mistake just because I got sidetracked.

As for the thing about my father I do not know for the racing series.
Moron. Making a mistake is introducing camber plate into a thread about engine performance. You were not flamed for that. What you were flamed for is not being willing to accept facts, in this case that there is no gaurantee that camber plates will increase cornering power. You are the one who is too thick headed to learn from someone who has direct experience. I know these are only facts, but facts are all I have to work with. Your opinion means nothing to me. Go cry on someone elses shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckbmmrM3
My dad wants me to learn every thing first hand, and for him not to tell me and it makes life more interesting, and I should learn from my mistakes, and all that stuff parents tell their children. so its up to me to learn, and for people who know more to fix my mistakes without insulting me just because I am young.
Asking questions and giving incorrect information IS NOT "learning every thing first hand". It's sitting behind a cathode ray tube (or flatscreen) and getting information from a computer... Information that may or may not be correct. Then when you are presented with correct information from someone with firsthand experience, you argue because it doesn't agree with the manufacturers claim and your uninformed opinion. IF YOU TRULY WANT TO LEARN HOW CARS WORK, GO GET A BEATER AND WORK ON IT. There is nothing first hand on the internet or in a book. The only way to get first hand experience is first hand. Shut off the computer, step away from the desk and go get your hands dirty working on cars.

Almost forgot. If your father wants you to learn first hand, what is he doing to help? This summer I'm deep into a build with a couple of 13 year olds. They wanted to make an old S-10 into a 350/350 bracket racer. They're learning by doing. Sounds to me like someone is either too busy or doesn't have the knowledge to help. Maybe both. If that's the case, you have my condolences.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Last edited by vwhobo : 07-13-2006 at 08:04 PM.
vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #55
Wally
I Know More Than You

I mentor young blokes with car projects and make a point of only ever giving enough instruction for them to complete the task themselves, using their own reasoning. So, in my opinion, your father has the correct attitude. But as VWHobo has stated you can't learn properly without a practical experience.

A small four pot or similar is all you need for a project. Something that is relatively cheap to refurbish and play with. You can economically play around with internet power adders like cold air induction, chrome exhaust tips, etc and learn first hand how much drivel the online community knowledge is. In the process you will accumulate a nice tool kit that should last a lifetime.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #56
blckbmmrM3
CF Newbie

I first need to get a job to get a little money. My parents wont drive me to work so I need to get my license first. and that isn't for another 11 months. The closest thing for first hqnd experience is if my bro does well during summer school and gets a new car. (the pqrents sold the other car since he lost his license for 3 months.) so till then, I got nothing but the internet.

Sorry for any mistakes I mqke while typing. I am in france, about to go home, and the keyboards are different than the ones in the US, so I am hqving a hard time.