Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
evilpete25
CF Newbie

Squeak on Maxima

Hey again, my 1990 Nissan Maxima seems to have developed a squeak in the the right front end. The squeak(it's actually more like a squeal, like metal on metal)on occurs when the wheel is turned all the way to the right or left under 20 mph. I have had the car on the lift and the last time I checked that area everything seemed to be in check. Also, the pads are relativley new(about 1 year/15k miles), so I doubt that the wear indicator would be hitting the rotor just yet. Any suggestions?
evilpete25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by moronpete25
Hey again, my 1990 Nissan Maxima seems to have developed a squeak in the the right front end. The squeak(it's actually more like a squeal, like metal on metal)on occurs when the wheel is turned all the way to the right or left under 20 mph. I have had the car on the lift and the last time I checked that area everything seemed to be in check. Also, the pads are relativley new(about 1 year/15k miles), so I doubt that the wear indicator would be hitting the rotor just yet. Any suggestions?
Yeah, I suggest that anyone who has the vehicular fleet and the automotive expertise you'd like us to believe you have, shouldn't have any trouble finding a squeak on a Nissan.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #3
evilpete25
CF Newbie

Actually, just because I have all of the cars that I "claim" to have, doesn't mean that I know EVERYTHING about cars. I'm still learning about cars, so I amassed a collection on which to learn. And besides, only 4 of them run at the moment, and all of those 4 are my daily drivers, 2 of which were given to me by my grandparents, and the other 2 which I bought myself. The projects were all found at junkyards or rotting away somewhere else, and the most I paid was for the 2 Pantera's, both of which are pretty much just bodies with engines at this point.($1000 for both, found in the back of a Ford lot.) The rest of the projects were about $50-200. And where do I get this money you ask? I've been working since I was 14, and saving every penny. So screw off VWHobo.
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE Metallic Gray
1993 Mazda MX-6 V6 Black

Projects/Weekenders
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
1990 Lincoln LSC
1974 DeTomaso Pantera GTS
1975 Detomaso Pantera GTS
1973 Chevrolet Chevelle
1975 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Convertible
1974 Triumph TR6

And I'm only 19, gotta love those donors
Old 07-08-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpete25
Actually, just because I have all of the cars that I "claim" to have, doesn't mean that I know EVERYTHING about cars. I'm still learning about cars, so I amassed a collection on which to learn. And besides, only 4 of them run at the moment, and all of those 4 are my daily drivers, 2 of which were given to me by my grandparents, and the other 2 which I bought myself. The projects were all found at junkyards or rotting away somewhere else, and the most I paid was for the 2 Pantera's, both of which are pretty much just bodies with engines at this point.($1000 for both, found in the back of a Ford lot.) The rest of the projects were about $50-200. And where do I get this money you ask? I've been working since I was 14, and saving every penny. So screw off VWHobo.
Okay, have it your way. Tell me how you drive four cars daily. I call a big old bullsh*t. BTW, your low intelligence is well displayed by your use of the smiley. You lose five IQ points every time you use it. You have four more uses before you become a house plant.

P.S. I never said claim, you did. Don't quote me on something I didn't say. Moron.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 07-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
evilpete25
CF Newbie

Call whatever you want, you dont know me, so buzz off. Who are you anyway? Do you have nothing better to do than sit at home and troll these boards all day? You have 7,000+ posts, which means either your really a 15 year old kid who dropped out of high school and now has nothing better to do but sit at home and annoy people on message boards, or your a 40 year old divorcee who moved back into his mothers house because your wife took the U-Haul van that the two of you shared, and now because your too moronic to find your sorry ** self a job, you sit at home and troll troll trolll. And like I said before, you don't know me and what I have, and yea it is actually possible, it's called having storage you dumb ****. And I drive the 2 Maxima's almost everyday, and did I also mention that I share the Cutlass and the MX-6 with my sister? Yea, think before you speak next time you loser. And, while this may be a wee bit hypocritical, you really should stop flaming, it's kind of pathetic that you get your kicks from insulting other people. I don't see anybody else in this thread, and I'm sure that if they were, they would think the exact same. And how the **** does using a smiley face lower somebody's IQ count? Jeez, get a life, go yank yourself or something, because your obviously sexually frustrated if you get so mad over something so miniscule, and also something that doesn't concern you.
1993 Mazda MX-6 V6 Black

Projects/Weekenders
1990 Lincoln LSC
1973 Chevrolet Chevelle
1974 Triumph TR6

Old 07-08-2006, 11:07 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Call whatever you want, you dont know me, so buzz off. Who are you anyway? Do you have nothing better to do than sit at home and troll these boards all day? You have 7,000+ posts, which means either your really a 15 year old kid who dropped out of high school and now has nothing better to do but sit at home and annoy people on message boards, or your a 40 year old divorcee who moved back into his mothers house because your wife took the U-Haul van that the two of you shared, and now because your too moronic to find your sorry ** self a job, you sit at home and troll troll trolll. And like I said before, you don't know me and what I have, and yea it is actually possible, it's called having storage you dumb ****. And I drive the 2 Maxima's almost everyday, and did I also mention that I share the Cutlass and the MX-6 with my sister? Yea, think before you speak next time you loser. And, while this may be a wee bit hypocritical, you really should stop flaming, it's kind of pathetic that you get your kicks from insulting other people. I don't see anybody else in this thread, and I'm sure that if they were, they would think the exact same. And how the **** does using a smiley face lower somebody's IQ count? Jeez, get a life, go yank yourself or something, because your obviously sexually frustrated if you get so mad over something so miniscule, and also something that doesn't concern you.
You're very touchy for a little Twink. Put down the pipe and step away from the computer. If you had nothing to hide, you wouldn't be so wound up. If you knew anything about cars you already have found the source of the noise. It's funny how you don't think I can figure out who and what you are but you seem to think you know about me while being wrong on every count.

If the big bad car is making a naughty noise, just drive another one. And while you're at it, send us pics of your Panteras.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:00 AM   #7
evilpete25
CF Newbie

No no no, im wound up because people like YOU piss me off. And, Ill send pics of all of my cars, just let me get my hands on a digital camera. Give me a few days and ill compile a photobucket album designed specifically for this purpose.
1993 Mazda MX-6 V6 Black

Projects/Weekenders
1990 Lincoln LSC
1973 Chevrolet Chevelle
1974 Triumph TR6

Old 07-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
No no no, im wound up because people like YOU piss me off. And, Ill send pics of all of my cars, just let me get my hands on a digital camera. Give me a few days and ill compile a photobucket album designed specifically for this purpose.
You own all those cars but have to borrow a digital camera? You wouldn't happen to "own" two new BMW's also?

Old 07-09-2006, 06:47 PM   #9
evilpete25
CF Newbie

hmm, maybe cause I spent most of my money on the cars, and I also really don't care to own a digital camera because I would probaly never use it? And nah, I don't own any BMW's, but my dad used to have an orange 2002 if it makes you feel any better
1993 Mazda MX-6 V6 Black

Projects/Weekenders
1990 Lincoln LSC
1973 Chevrolet Chevelle
1974 Triumph TR6

Old 07-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

must be your exhaust belt

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #11
evilpete25
CF Newbie

Hahaha nah nighthawk, I think it the exhaust SOLENOID lmao
1993 Mazda MX-6 V6 Black

Projects/Weekenders
1990 Lincoln LSC