I've never taken a typing class

nor have i. i just proofread...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:59 AM   #62
Spade
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
When trying to get a point across, grammar and spelling are pretty important. If you're trying to make a point, you are likely fighting some opposition (otherwise why make a point?). When you're trying to convince a person that you are right and they are wrong, it looks bad when you use their instead of they're. You must have seen those dumbass newbs that type like they're texting, or a person that types IN ALL CAPS. Although mixing up two similiar words isn't nearly as bad, it doesn't strengthen your argument.

Right, we've established that.

In the scheme of things though, it doesn't really matter.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:56 PM   #63
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Superchargers? Turbochargers? We don't need no stinking chargers. We just need multiple CAI's. At the manufacturers promised 25 hp per, this set-up is worht 250 hp.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #64
Spade
CF Enthusiast

****ing awsome?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #65
newyorker
MXman

The supercharger is belt driven and generates power in the bottom, middle, and top ends. The turbocharger is compression driven, and takes time to spool, so dont expect any power in the bottom end unless youre running an automatic car. In that case, you would stay on the gas and the turbo wouldnt re-spool, so youd have boost in the lower RPM as soon as you left first gear.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #66
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Superchargers? Turbochargers? We don't need no stinking chargers. We just need multiple CAI's. At the manufacturers promised 25 hp per, this set-up is worht 250 hp.

The bonnet won't close...rats

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:38 PM   #67
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
nor have i. i just proofread...

I do too, but I've found I'm slightly dyslexic, and stuff that I read as correct isn't. AND I don't take a lot of time at it. if I've corrected it twice and I still see mistakes in typing, I just move on. You'll note that I tend to make longer posts than most people? I do that while on break at work, and I'm not just on this board. Over teh course of a 10 minute break, I may post in a dozen threads, on 6-7 differnt boards. Not a lot of time to make those big posts AND catch every little typo.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #68
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
The supercharger is belt driven and generates power in the bottom, middle, and top ends. The turbocharger is compression driven, and takes time to spool, so dont expect any power in the bottom end unless youre running an automatic car. In that case, you would stay on the gas and the turbo wouldnt re-spool, so youd have boost in the lower RPM as soon as you left first gear.
Gone for months and still an idiot. What a total surprise.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #69
Spade
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I do too, but I've found I'm slightly dyslexic, and stuff that I read as correct isn't. AND I don't take a lot of time at it. if I've corrected it twice and I still see mistakes in typing, I just move on. You'll note that I tend to make longer posts than most people? I do that while on break at work, and I'm not just on this board. Over teh course of a 10 minute break, I may post in a dozen threads, on 6-7 differnt boards. Not a lot of time to make those big posts AND catch every little typo.

IM a little lysdexic too :P

Acctually i have a funny story...this kid at my schools last name was anzalone, as it was on the back of his track sweatshirt. I looked at it quick and thought it said analzone! so i yelled out in the hall "HAHA TJ ANALZONE" and everyone turned around and gave me this big long weird glare.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #70
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec..._cold_01_z.jpg

That tickled my funny bone.

Newyorker:- a little more homework on how things work would be prudent I think.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #71
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:

i know. i'm just busting your chops a little.... for the record, i don't ever correct your "teh"'s, and you've got a million of those...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #72
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I think I'm psychic....I predicted the responses that would receive

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #73
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
i know. i'm just busting your chops a little.... for the record, i don't ever correct your "teh"'s, and you've got a million of those...

Well, I'm going for teh record...

Never used to be a problem, but over the last few years, they show up more and more. I'll even slow down and make a conscious effort and it still comes out backwards. Don't really know why.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:41 PM   #74
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Well, I'm going for teh record...

Never used to be a problem, but over the last few years, they show up more and more. I'll even slow down and make a conscious effort and it still comes out backwards. Don't really know why.
I think I'm dyslexic, I often read things differently to how they should be read (miss words out etc.....like I might read does as don't etc, lol)....It's never been diagnosed though, so I don't really know!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #75
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Gone for months and still an idiot. What a total surprise.
Care to explain yourself? Or just throw out words?
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote