Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2006, 01:32 AM   #61
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I've never taken a typing class

nor have i. i just proofread...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:59 AM   #62
Spade
CF Enthusiast
 
Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
When trying to get a point across, grammar and spelling are pretty important. If you're trying to make a point, you are likely fighting some opposition (otherwise why make a point?). When you're trying to convince a person that you are right and they are wrong, it looks bad when you use their instead of they're. You must have seen those dumbass newbs that type like they're texting, or a person that types IN ALL CAPS. Although mixing up two similiar words isn't nearly as bad, it doesn't strengthen your argument.

Right, we've established that.

In the scheme of things though, it doesn't really matter.
__________________
Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:56 PM   #63
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Superchargers? Turbochargers? We don't need no stinking chargers. We just need multiple CAI's. At the manufacturers promised 25 hp per, this set-up is worht 250 hp.

__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:02 PM   #64
Spade
CF Enthusiast
 
Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 174
****ing awsome?
__________________
Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #65
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
The supercharger is belt driven and generates power in the bottom, middle, and top ends. The turbocharger is compression driven, and takes time to spool, so dont expect any power in the bottom end unless youre running an automatic car. In that case, you would stay on the gas and the turbo wouldnt re-spool, so youd have boost in the lower RPM as soon as you left first gear.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #66
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Superchargers? Turbochargers? We don't need no stinking chargers. We just need multiple CAI's. At the manufacturers promised 25 hp per, this set-up is worht 250 hp.

The bonnet won't close...rats
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:38 PM   #67
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
nor have i. i just proofread...

I do too, but I've found I'm slightly dyslexic, and stuff that I read as correct isn't. AND I don't take a lot of time at it. if I've corrected it twice and I still see mistakes in typing, I just move on. You'll note that I tend to make longer posts than most people? I do that while on break at work, and I'm not just on this board. Over teh course of a 10 minute break, I may post in a dozen threads, on 6-7 differnt boards. Not a lot of time to make those big posts AND catch every little typo.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #68
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
The supercharger is belt driven and generates power in the bottom, middle, and top ends. The turbocharger is compression driven, and takes time to spool, so dont expect any power in the bottom end unless youre running an automatic car. In that case, you would stay on the gas and the turbo wouldnt re-spool, so youd have boost in the lower RPM as soon as you left first gear.
Gone for months and still an idiot. What a total surprise.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #69
Spade
CF Enthusiast
 
Spade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I do too, but I've found I'm slightly dyslexic, and stuff that I read as correct isn't. AND I don't take a lot of time at it. if I've corrected it twice and I still see mistakes in typing, I just move on. You'll note that I tend to make longer posts than most people? I do that while on break at work, and I'm not just on this board. Over teh course of a 10 minute break, I may post in a dozen threads, on 6-7 differnt boards. Not a lot of time to make those big posts AND catch every little typo.

IM a little lysdexic too :P

Acctually i have a funny story...this kid at my schools last name was anzalone, as it was on the back of his track sweatshirt. I looked at it quick and thought it said analzone! so i yelled out in the hall "HAHA TJ ANALZONE" and everyone turned around and gave me this big long weird glare.
__________________
Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #70
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Superchargers? Turbochargers? We don't need no stinking chargers. We just need multiple CAI's. At the manufacturers promised 25 hp per, this set-up is worht 250 hp.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec..._cold_01_z.jpg

That tickled my funny bone.

Newyorker:- a little more homework on how things work would be prudent I think.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #71
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I do too, but I've found I'm slightly dyslexic, and stuff that I read as correct isn't. AND I don't take a lot of time at it. if I've corrected it twice and I still see mistakes in typing, I just move on. You'll note that I tend to make longer posts than most people? I do that while on break at work, and I'm not just on this board. Over teh course of a 10 minute break, I may post in a dozen threads, on 6-7 differnt boards. Not a lot of time to make those big posts AND catch every little typo.

i know. i'm just busting your chops a little.... for the record, i don't ever correct your "teh"'s, and you've got a million of those...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #72
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
The supercharger is belt driven and generates power in the bottom, middle, and top ends. The turbocharger is compression driven, and takes time to spool, so dont expect any power in the bottom end unless youre running an automatic car. In that case, you would stay on the gas and the turbo wouldnt re-spool, so youd have boost in the lower RPM as soon as you left first gear.
I think I'm psychic....I predicted the responses that would receive
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #73
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
i know. i'm just busting your chops a little.... for the record, i don't ever correct your "teh"'s, and you've got a million of those...


Well, I'm going for teh record...




Never used to be a problem, but over the last few years, they show up more and more. I'll even slow down and make a conscious effort and it still comes out backwards. Don't really know why.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:41 PM   #74
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Well, I'm going for teh record...




Never used to be a problem, but over the last few years, they show up more and more. I'll even slow down and make a conscious effort and it still comes out backwards. Don't really know why.
I think I'm dyslexic, I often read things differently to how they should be read (miss words out etc.....like I might read does as don't etc, lol)....It's never been diagnosed though, so I don't really know!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #75
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Gone for months and still an idiot. What a total surprise.
Care to explain yourself? Or just throw out words?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.