Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Subscribed Threads

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Ever since we got the new, new look a couple of weeks ago, the forum is randomly subscribing me to threads. I have never subscribed to a thread before and it took me a couple of days to figure out what was going on. At any rate, sometimes I'm getting subscribed to a thread for no apparent reason, certainly not intentionally. It just happened again with the NASCAR Camry thread. Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated because I'm getting tired of having to continually unsubscribe. Thanks.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Ever since we got the new, new look a couple of weeks ago, the forum is randomly subscribing me to threads. I have never subscribed to a thread before and it took me a couple of days to figure out what was going on. At any rate, sometimes I'm getting subscribed to a thread for no apparent reason, certainly not intentionally. It just happened again with the NASCAR Camry thread. Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated because I'm getting tired of having to continually unsubscribe. Thanks.
I have been experiencing this, too. I think it automatically subscripes you to all threads that you've replied to, or maybe even, just read!

It doesn't bother me too much though because I like that fact that you can view them from your 'user control panel' thus making it easier to find threads that you've replied to!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Hasn't it always subscribed you to threads you've posted in?...I set mine like that from the CP, and haven't had any problems, but then again I haven't read an e-mail from a thread reply in a month...I just go on here, and look for the bold threads...
Old 02-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Hasn't it always subscribed you to threads you've posted in?...I set mine like that from the CP, and haven't had any problems, but then again I haven't read an e-mail from a thread reply in a month...I just go on here, and look for the bold threads...
No, I have never subscrided to a thread intentionally, and never automatically until recently. Keep in mind also that it only does it randomly.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Dammit, it did it again!

Old 02-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Dammit, it did it again!
What thread?
Old 02-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
What thread?
The stupid one about hating nine things.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

And now it subscribed me to this thread.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:17 AM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Does it stop when you unsubscribe, and have you checked your CP since the forums were changed to see if that had somehow changed?

Sorry, don't know too much about this, but trying to help a bit
Old 02-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

Does it stop when you unsubscribe, and have you checked your CP since the forums were changed to see if that had somehow changed?

Sorry, don't know too much about this, but trying to help a bit
"Do not subscribe". It's said the same thing for the three years I've been a member. If I unsubscribe, sometimes it will resubscribe me and other times not. The only pattern I've seen is that if I have a few posts in a thread in a short period of time it subscribes me. I think. I'm still watching and analyzing the situation. No that does not mean I am poking it from behind.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:19 AM   #11
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Alright, the forum is now subscribing me to threads as well.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote