Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
97prelude
CF Newbie
 
97prelude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 39
New to the forum, what can i do to my prelude?

I just bought this car so I am already on a pretty tight budget. I have seen electronic turbochargers for under 400. I have also seen some close to 2000. Obviously the more expensive ones will be better but my question is if I buy a cheaper one, is it cheaper because it is not a complete setup and I will need additional parts? What else can I add for a reasonable price to make the car better? It has new headers. I was looking into a new intake but again, I am not sure what kind to get. Here is the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1504r.jpg (49.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 1504r(2).jpg (46.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 1504r(3).jpg (49.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg car.jpg (46.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg side.jpg (47.8 KB, 16 views)
97prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
...overkill, looked better stock

But why bother with an electric turbo when you could just get nitrous, its about the same if not cheaper and can give you more power
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97prelude
I just bought this car so I am already on a pretty tight budget. I have seen electronic turbochargers for under 400. I have also seen some close to 2000. Obviously the more expensive ones will be better but my question is if I buy a cheaper one, is it cheaper because it is not a complete setup and I will need additional parts? What else can I add for a reasonable price to make the car better? It has new headers. I was looking into a new intake but again, I am not sure what kind to get. Here is the car.
Get yourslef two electronic turbos. The stickers alone will be worth 50 hp.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
97prelude
CF Newbie
 
97prelude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 39
whats that supposed to mean?
97prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
...overkill, looked better stock

But why bother with an electric turbo when you could just get nitrous, its about the same if not cheaper and can give you more power
Steven, don't you mean to just say that nitrous will give power. Even you know about the illustrious electronic turbos.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #6
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Steven, don't you mean to just say that nitrous will give power. Even you know about the illustrious electronic turbos.
I meant its about the same price wise if not cheaper, but it will give more power that I'm certain
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
97prelude
CF Newbie
 
97prelude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 39
I dont know anything about nitrous. how does it work? How much would that cost?
97prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
I meant its about the same price wise if not cheaper, but it will give more power that I'm certain
Think, type, submit young man. What have you learned about electric turbos on this forum?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
97prelude
CF Newbie
 
97prelude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 39
I dont mean to be rude but can you actually help me?
97prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Think, type, submit young man. What have you learned about electric turbos on this forum?
I remember that there was some guy who was gonna give them to everyone free to test because he wanted to prove that his product worked ...... or something similar. I don't think he comes around much anymore.
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #11
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97prelude
I dont know anything about nitrous. how does it work? How much would that cost?
If I'm not mistaken Nitrous provides a cooling effect in the intake air, reduceing the temp, making the air more dense, providing more oxygen into the cylinder.
Check out prices with Zex, Holley, Nitrous Express
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:01 PM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97prelude
I dont mean to be rude but can you actually help me?
Yes we can and I'm sorry, I forgot the world revolves around you. Steven and I are having a nice conversation. What have you done for Car-Forums lately?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:01 PM   #13
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Think, type, submit young man. What have you learned about electric turbos on this forum?
Oh, I've learned that they are a complete and utter waste of money, or shall I go into detail?
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #14
97prelude
CF Newbie
 
97prelude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 39
lol ive yet to see you say one thing that actually had any point. thanks for the info integra.
97prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #15
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97prelude
lol ive yet to see you say one thing that actually had any point. thanks for the info integra.
Check through his post history in Repair and Maintenance and General chat
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.