Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #16
fudge
let's fighting love

I saw it last night on BBC 2 but I was like no way Schumacher could be the Stig, he was still racing in Formula 1 when they got rid of the black helmet Stig. TBH I didn't think it was a good idea to reveal the Stig.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #17
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
I saw it last night on BBC 2 but I was like no way Schumacher could be the Stig, he was still racing in Formula 1 when they got rid of the black helmet Stig. TBH I didn't think it was a good idea to reveal the Stig.
Unless they kill him off in the next episode and there's a new stig...Fuschia? lol
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Or maybe every episode this season they'll just have their guest "be" the Stig?
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 AM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I don't think he is the Stig....I think it's a wind up. Still, we'll see.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #20
chris_knows
๑۩۞

So, turns out the Stig was fired from Top Gear, after a scandal about his autobiography, and it turns out it's...

...Ben Collins

But they're saying he could be one of several Stigs.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #21
fudge
let's fighting love

I really don't see what the fuss is all about, Perry Mccarthy revealed himself to be the first stig (with black helmet) but that didn't really affect the mystery of who the stig is. I just think most people now realise what a joke Top Gear has become that people stop watching it and that the BBC are desperately trying to get some publicity out of this so called news.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #22
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
I really don't see what the fuss is all about, Perry Mccarthy revealed himself to be the first stig (with black helmet) but that didn't really affect the mystery of who the stig is. I just think most people now realise what a joke Top Gear has become that people stop watching it and that the BBC are desperately trying to get some publicity out of this so called news.
I'm not sure how the ratings have been lately, but I for one still find it unique and original...It always makes me laugh

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 09-02-2010, 09:51 PM   #23
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
I just think most people now realise what a joke Top Gear has become that people stop watching it and that the BBC are desperately trying to get some publicity out of this so called news.

If it's a joke, I want in on that joke! It's a fun show with some good info mixed in with some laughs. One of the better shows coming out of the U.K. IMHO.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #24
fudge
let's fighting love

Hmmm... I don't think there's much shows from the UK that make it to the US. Its either not "glamarous" enough or they make their own version of it. I think most lads here have watched Top Gear to death thanks to Dave showing it all day long. I just noticed they've stopped showing it so often these days. I just hate the fact that every episode tries to be epic with all these little challenges they have to do - the reason what makes UK tv watchable is that it isn't over glamorised like the US shows and thus makes it more real to watch. But with only 4 episodes this season I think the end is near for Top Gear.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #25
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Hmmm... I don't think there's much shows from the UK that make it to the US. Its either not "glamarous" enough or they make their own version of it. I think most lads here have watched Top Gear to death thanks to Dave showing it all day long. I just noticed they've stopped showing it so often these days. I just hate the fact that every episode tries to be epic with all these little challenges they have to do - the reason what makes UK tv watchable is that it isn't over glamorised like the US shows and thus makes it more real to watch. But with only 4 episodes this season I think the end is near for Top Gear.
I agree that the fact that the series' seem to be getting ever shorter is a bad sign...Maybe the BBC's budget doesn't cater for such shows now and they'd rather put their money in to one-off dramas and tripe such as Match of the Day!

Although clearly staged, I think the boys do a fine job of making the challenges humorous and exciting to watch...They also make them believable, too!