Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #1
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

need advice on new tires

The time has come for me to get new tires for my '03 Taurus(215/60R16), so I have spent the last few weeks looking around, and becoming more and more confused. What I am looking for is a cost effective all season tires with descent traction. Winters in jersey aren't that bad, as they tend to overindulge on road salt, but NJIT isn't very eager to close because of snow. So the question is, what tires do I get, there are like 50,000 different ones to choose from. Does the treadware warranty actually mean anything as far as tread life? Does one brand tend to perform better than another? Any brand to avoid? Can the tire type effect gas mileage?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:54 AM   #2
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdrose18
The time has come for me to get new tires for my '03 Taurus(215/60R16), so I have spent the last few weeks looking around, and becoming more and more confused. What I am looking for is a cost effective all season tires with descent traction. Winters in jersey aren't that bad, as they tend to overindulge on road salt, but NJIT isn't very eager to close because of snow. So the question is, what tires do I get, there are like 50,000 different ones to choose from. Does the treadware warranty actually mean anything as far as tread life? Does one brand tend to perform better than another? Any brand to avoid? Can the tire type effect gas mileage?
Customers always seem to like the Yokohama AS430 for something like that. We dont get much snow or anythign like that down here so thats the best I can do.