Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
81-camaro
CF Newbie

How High

how high to you guys think the gas will reach in the year 2020 or if we still will have gas left.

i think that if there is gas left that it will be some where around 2.10$ a litre (canada)
Old 08-14-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

$2.10/litre doesn't sound too bad for 15 years from now...I think there will be some left, but it'll be closer to $5.00/litre for us and upwards of $10 to the gallon.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
81-camaro
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
$2.10/litre doesn't sound too bad for 15 years from now...I think there will be some left, but it'll be closer to $5.00/litre for us and upwards of $10 to the gallon.

do u think we will still be using gas or move to hydrogen or another resource
Old 08-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81-camaro
do u think we will still be using gas or move to hydrogen or another resource
I'm not sure, some peopel expect hydrogen vehicles to be readily available by then...Yesterday I was reading in Car and Driver that global warming was mainly caused by water in the atmosphere...and don't hydrogen cars produce water? They didn't bring that point up so I'm not sure if hydrogen cars will actually contribute to global warming more than cars that run on gas?...They also mentioned that cars only contribute 3-4% of the carbon dioxide for global warming and then like 1 or 2% when you count other gases that cause global warming.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
81-camaro
CF Newbie

Quote:
I'm not sure, some peopel expect hydrogen vehicles to be readily available by then...Yesterday I was reading in Car and Driver that global warming was mainly caused by water in the atmosphere...and don't hydrogen cars produce water? They didn't bring that point up so I'm not sure if hydrogen cars will actually contribute to global warming more than cars that run on gas?...They also mentioned that cars only contribute 3-4% of the carbon dioxide for global warming and then like 1 or 2% when you count other gases that cause global warming.

i dont think they pollute at all cuz if they did i dont think that they would start making hydrogen cars. and ive seen a show on discovery channel and the only thing that comes out of the exaust is little drops of water. but the water is not safe to drink due to the fact that there is no minerals at all.

but theres one thing that i know and its if that we do move to hydrogen no more sound of the gas burning in the engines
Old 08-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #6
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I think that in the next 15 or so years we will see as many changes in our cars as we have in the last 15 years. Small adjustments here and there, but I find it EXTREMELY unlikely that in just 15 years we'll all be driving hydrogen powered cars. Hybrids seem to be getting a little better every year, and cylinder-shutoff systems seem like they could see their way into more cars in the future. These are small changes that people can easily adapt to. I can't say I know a lot about hydrogen cars, but it seems like too large of a change to make by 2020.

As far as how much (if any) oil will be left, who knows. I'm told that in the 70's and 80's we were supposed to run out before the new millenium. If experts don't know for sure, then I'm not going to even venture a guess. Without knowing how much we have left, I'm also not even going to try to guess how much it would cost.

On a side note I read a few months ago that BMW is developing a hybrid that actually has a steam engine that heats up the water via the exhaust heat. Supposedly the weight of the system cancels out the extra power, but they said that with time they will be able to improve upon the system.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I expect fuel prices will just continue to rise every so gradually....or not so in the current climate I guess! However, in many years time, I guess everything will rise ie; Product prices, food prices, fuel prices, along with the income people receive, I guess we just don't notice it alot as it's a gradual process.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:43 PM   #8
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81-camaro
how high to you guys think the gas will reach in the year 2020 or if we still will have gas left.

i think that if there is gas left that it will be some where around 2.10$ a litre (canada)

A barrel here is like $70 now(Not a 100% sure but in the area of $60-80.. but you get the point) and some predicted it would hit $170-200 this year
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #9
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Quote:

Can you scan that page or write it out when you have a spare moment? Thanks.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #10
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Praying and hoping it gets back down to 65 cents

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:31 AM   #11
steve2k5
CF Newbie

viper vs Camaro

What do you guys think would a camaro beat a dodge viper in a 1 mile race
steve2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:34 AM   #12
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2k5

What the hell?
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:06 AM   #13
pocko5000
CF Newbie

now where the heck did that come from?? there was no mention of a viper, or camaro in this thread???
pocko5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:22 AM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocko5000
now where the heck did that come from?? there was no mention of a viper, or camaro in this thread???
Just another randon fly-by-night n00b....I very much doubt he'll return anyway!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #15
81-camaro
CF Newbie

Quote:

i thought i was a noob