Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 02:17 AM   #1
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Holy Shit!

"This isn't the update I wanted to give you all. I was on my way home from work last Wednesday morning around 2am and a drunk driver crossed the center line and absolutely destroyed my truck. I managed to come out of it with a broken nose, black eye, and alot of scrapes and bruises. Here's some pics of what's left of the truck"

"By the way, he was driving a 2005 GMC Sierra crew cab, longbed, heavy-duty 4x4 so it was really no contest between my little Ranger and that big ol' truck."

"Thanks for all the well-wishes and all, gang! I didn't realize how lucky I was until I went and saw how mangled the truck was. I got extremely weak in the knees just looking at it. Once I got home, I lost it completely. I still can't believe Purp is no more. I am driving a Focus right now but am already starting to look for another Ranger. Like they say, "Once a Mini-Trucker, Always a Mini-Trucker!"

MacDaddy- I had to laugh too about the 'dude' and 'bro' thing. Oh well, I didn't recognize alot of the names since I haven't been online much lately so maybe they didn't realize I'M A MINI-TRUCKIN' CHIC!!!

The posted speed limit on the road is 50mph and I had just looked at the speedo and had it right on 50. As for the other guy, I don't know how fast he was going. Eitherway, it was most likely a 100mph impact.

He walked away with a laceration on his leg, that's it. As for me, I've had a serious headache for several days now (ever since I ran out of pain drugs) and my front upper teeth is really throbbing. I'm going to the dentist and the doctor again next week for a follow-up visit and everything.

"I am back to work and everything and am going truck shopping this weekend to see if i can take advantage of the 4th of July sales and all that. My insurance company cut me a check yesterday for my truck and then they are going to handle everything with his insurance company to save me the headache. I've got a ton of forms to fill out for medical and lost work time, etc. This sucks.

Purp has been moved to an undisclosed location (I didn't want to know where) so that he may Rust in Pieces."

I didn't want to post a link to RPS so I just did this and I will quote the driver (she walked away fine).

Shows why us Ranger owners drive built Ford tough. She recently bought an 05 Ranger too.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Holy F*ck dude!

I feel for you man, lucky your alive tho.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
newyorker
MXman

why is that not ur truck? diff color n crap? and why does it all of a sudden have maryland plates?
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

-And the pics are labeled 6/22/06.
-The truck is two different colors.
-That's clearly a T-bone
-The front airbag went off, though, and that only happens when sensors in the front sense an impending impact.

And before anyone goes off on how the passenger airbag didn't go off, and that's why ford sucks. Remember, that ford designed their passenger safety system to stop the passenger airbag from going off when there's nobody in that seat; to save you a couple thousand in a minor crash, from replacing the passenger airbag.

Looks like 99's account got hacked.

Last edited by Godlaus : 08-10-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #5
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

None of you actually read the whole post did you? I'm pissed out of my damn tree and I still managed to understand it. It's a Copy & Paste from another forum....

In Steven's words:

"I didn't want to post a link to RPS so I just did this and I will quote the driver (she walked away fine).

Shows why us Ranger owners drive built Ford tough. She recently bought an 05 Ranger too."
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #6
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Woops.......well i proved I'm an idiot.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #7
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Haha if that was my truck I WOULD kill myself, but thats a big hit seriously
Old 08-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #8
newyorker
MXman

Man i feel stupid
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

I knew there was something strange about this...

I just didnt post it because of possible-thats-not-funny-flaming

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #10
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Besides that, Steven is only 15. He can't legally drive nor can his butt be out after 11:00.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #11
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Besides that, Steven is only 15. He can't legally drive nor can his butt be out after 11:00.
Actually for the first 3 months I've held a permit I can only drive during daylight hours, after that I can drive from 5am to 10pm, when I'm 16 I can drive till 11pm unless accompanied by a 21 or older person, or if my job requires a later time than 11pm, then I can drive whenever the f*ck I want.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #12
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Actually for the first 3 months I've held a permit I can only drive during daylight hours, after that I can drive from 5am to 10pm, when I'm 16 I can drive till 11pm unless accompanied by a 21 or older person, or if my job requires a later time than 11pm, then I can drive whenever the f*ck I want.

thats a complicated plan,

probably better than what ive got, I can drive with someone who has had their liscense for 4 or more years only for the first year, but since im in driving school, ill have my 100% drivable liscence in mid december
12.00 curfew for the following year though

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #13
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
thats a complicated plan,

probably better than what ive got, I can drive with someone who has had their liscense for 4 or more years only for the first year, but since im in driving school, ill have my 100% drivable liscence in mid december
12.00 curfew for the following year though
It's the same here, except most people rarely follow the 12:00 am curfew with their G2.. the cops just don't seem to enforce it. I should be able to go for my G2 sometime this week or next myself

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:20 AM   #14
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
-The front airbag went off, though, and that only happens when sensors in the front sense an impending impact.
Impending? Aren't they off accelerometers?
Old 08-12-2006, 07:27 AM   #15
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
Impending? Aren't they off accelerometers?

Among other factors, like the tightening of the seatbelts, the weight sensors in the seats, the severity of the crash, the decelerrating, etc, etc.