Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

The booze thread

I figured sinse we were having a discussion in Jamie's Birthday thread about beer, why not write a thread about it? seeing as the last thread of this nature was when tbaxley was enquiring about what us Brits drink in the way of beer, about 2yrs back. I thought I'd broaden it abit though and include any alcoholic beverage! I myself am a beer man, mainly beer from either the UK (Carling....or I think that's British anyway!), US (Budweiser) or Aus (Foster's). I'm not a bit drinker of European beers, although I don't mind Calsberg as long as it's on tap, or Carling.

I occassionally drink alcopops such as WKD or Red Square, just as a change, but beer is a man's drink as far as I'm concerned.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

kronenbourg 1664 was amazing in France, like I said.

Most American beers make you wanna vomit.

Vodka is the only thing I can drink straight.

Sex on the beach is the best cocktail.

Long Island Iced Tea will get you sloshed so fast, but I think it's only served in NY.

3/4 oz tequila
3/4 oz rum
3/4 oz gin
3/4 oz vodka
3/4 oz triple sec
3/4 oz sour mix
splash cola

Shake liquors with sour mix. Pour in hurricane or tall glass. Add splash of cola and garnish with a lemon wedge.

And you have an amazing Long Island ice tea.

Anyone else have a favorite cocktail?
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
starscream0
CF Addict

Quote:
Long Island Iced Tea will get you sloshed so fast, but I think it's only served in NY.

nah, they serve this in other places than just new york. these are pretty good though
Old 08-22-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream0
nah, they serve this in other places than just new york. these are pretty good though

Oh that's cool, I didn't know that.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
jackal2000
CF Enthusiast

jager
Old 08-22-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
elchango36
WWJCD

I'm a beer man myself. Favorite's include Sol, Corona, Bohemia, Pilsner Urquell, Heineken, and Beck's. For Beer-Pong playing purposes: Natural Lt > Keystone Lt
Old 08-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #7
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

im gonna have to say molson canadian
or the hard stuff, black horse

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #8
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

That's just plain ignorant to think Long Island Iced Tea is only served in New York...

Anyways....

Beer: Molson Canadian, Pilsner, Kokanee, in that order.

Alcohol: Chivas Regal Scotch, Gibson's Finest Rye, Crown Royal Rye, in that order.

I don't do cocktails or fruity coolers or any bullshit like that.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #9
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Sippin Beer: Boddingtons, Guiness stout
Beer pong: Bud light
Chugging beer: Miler Light
Drunken frat party beer: Keg o' Shiner blonde
Shots: Bacardi gold. I love rum....So much.
Chugging liqour: Vodka (I can slam a 5th of vodka easily, but anything else and I'll gag)
Fruity cocktail: Strawberry Daiquiris
Mixed drink: Dr.Pepper and Bacardi Gold
The ":I don't want to feel anything" drink: Everclear
Happy Drink: Tequila Shooters
Depressed drink: Straight whiskey
Old 08-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
jackal2000
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
I'm a beer man myself. Favorite's include Sol, Corona, Bohemia, Pilsner Urquell, Heineken, and Beck's. For Beer-Pong playing purposes: Natural Lt > Keystone Lt

natty light?? holy high school party beer. lol

i drink the hell outta some coors light. i do enjoy a heineken now and then also.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #11
jackal2000
CF Enthusiast

why it double posted i have no idea....
Old 08-23-2006, 01:32 AM   #12
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
That's just plain ignorant to think Long Island Iced Tea is only served in New York...

Anyways....

Beer: Molson Canadian, Pilsner, Kokanee, in that order.

Alcohol: Chivas Regal Scotch, Gibson's Finest Rye, Crown Royal Rye, in that order.

I don't do cocktails or fruity coolers or any bullshit like that.

Contrary to that, I made that inference because A. I've never seen it anywhere else and B. The site says it was made in the Hampton Bays in 1970, and that's a pretty secluded area. It's miles away from any other state (except connecticut by water, but still not that close)

I would have even specified I don't think it's served anywhere but this particular area of NY.

So it wasn't an ignorant assessment, it actually used certain facts and experiences to draw the inference.

You don't do cocktails anyways, because it's "bullshit" for some reason.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:11 AM   #13
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

My favorite beer is.....

Open, and yours.
torinoman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:48 AM   #14
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Contrary to that, I made that inference because A. I've never seen it anywhere else and B. The site says it was made in the Hampton Bays in 1970, and that's a pretty secluded area. It's miles away from any other state (except connecticut by water, but still not that close)

I would have even specified I don't think it's served anywhere but this particular area of NY.

So it wasn't an ignorant assessment, it actually used certain facts and experiences to draw the inference.

You don't do cocktails anyways, because it's "bullshit" for some reason.

Have you been anywhere else? Shit, I can get a Long Island anywhere, even podunk towns with populations of under 200. And you believe everything you read on the internet? If so, then you really are ignorant.

Even if you used "certain" facts and "experiences" to say that, it still doesn't include the international picture, which in turn means all that you know is your area. AKA Ignorant of the world.

And so what if I don't "do" cocktails? I used to work in a lounge, so I know more then enough about them. And they are bullshit because half of them are feministic, and a lot of them taste like shit, and don't try to give me some crap about not having tried them. I have gone through a lot of cocktails, fortunately none paid for by me.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:08 AM   #15
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Have you been anywhere else? Shit, I can get a Long Island anywhere, even podunk towns with populations of under 200. And you believe everything you read on the internet? If so, then you really are ignorant.

Even if you used "certain" facts and "experiences" to say that, it still doesn't include the international picture, which in turn means all that you know is your area. AKA Ignorant of the world.

And so what if I don't "do" cocktails? I used to work in a lounge, so I know more then enough about them. And they are bullshit because half of them are feministic, and a lot of them taste like shit, and don't try to give me some crap about not having tried them. I have gone through a lot of cocktails, fortunately none paid for by me.

I was born in Seattle, moved to DC, moved to New York City, moved to upstate NY, then moved down to Westchester county. I've been to Florida, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Georgia, California, Washington state, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, Puerto Rico and maybe a couple more. As for countries, I've been to Russia, England, Iran, France, Canada and Holland. I've been around more places than a lot of people, and I'm only 18.

As for reading on the internet? There's something called credibility that you use to judge whether something is "credible" or not. Also, it's not that hard to believe that a Long Island ice tea was made in Long Island, (dur?)

I said I used facts and experiences I have had. When did I say it was based on MY area? Oh, I didn't. It was something you made up to enhance your story.

Congratulations, but I don't care what your opinion of their tastes are or if you find them to be feminine for one reason or another.