Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
thaking4life
CF Newbie

i got a question

i really didnt know where to put dis so im jus puttin it here... Well im lookin to put in a sound system in my car money really aint a prob.. i jus want it 2 be bumpin and i was thinkin on gettin 4 kickers l7 subwoofers with 2 2000 watt amps also there tweeters n four speakers speakers dont really matter cause they are almost all the same .... i have been hearing there is receivers wit bluetooth so if thats good ill get one.. but i was wonderin if they can suggest would there b a better way 2 go with this project...
thaking4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaking4life
i really didnt know where to put dis so im jus puttin it here... Well im lookin to put in a sound system in my car money really aint a prob.. i jus want it 2 be bumpin and i was thinkin on gettin 4 kickers l7 subwoofers with 2 2000 watt amps also there tweeters n four speakers speakers dont really matter cause they are almost all the same .... i have been hearing there is receivers wit bluetooth so if thats good ill get one.. but i was wonderin if they can suggest would there b a better way 2 go with this project...
I laso have a question. Do you have any idea how to type in English? This is not teen chat room or a text message.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:56 AM   #3
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
A word of advice, as hobo mentioned, this is not some teen chat room...or a Mobile Phone for "dat" matter, so please, if you expect any serious help, just type in English!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 08-25-2006 at 05:02 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:58 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
A word of advoice, as hobo mentioned, this is not some teen chat room...or a Mobile Phone for "dat" matter, so please, if you expect any serious help, just type in English!
Yeah, but in real American English. Not that bloke stuff like some guys use...

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:02 AM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Yeah, but in real American English. Not that bloke stuff like some guys use...
Steady on now me 'ol china

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:27 AM   #6
pocko5000
CF Newbie

well cliffy and vwhobo have already pointed out your ill grammar useage, so im now going to point out, that we would need more information. What kind of car do you have, i take it you are going for an spl setup, are you set on getting kicker L7's or just an idea.

and you are sadly mistaken about the speakers, speakers are not all the same, or even close. you have obviously not compared a set of good sql speakers with crappy stock ones.
pocko5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Steady on now me 'ol china

Too right cobber.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:

I know barely anything about sound systems but can tell you right now that just by reading what you wrote, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
What kind of car do you drive and what is the need for 7 subs and 2 2000 watt amps???? Like altima said you don't know what your talking about.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #10
pocko5000
CF Newbie

no apparently it is you not knowing what you are talking about, he is not getting 7 subs, but an L7, and the 2 2000 watt amps are to power the 4 subs he supposedly wants to get.

Last edited by pocko5000 : 08-27-2006 at 08:07 PM.
pocko5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #11
newyorker
MXman

All speakers are not NEARLY the same...compare Jensens that cost 40 a pair, and then some speakers I saw for 400 a pair....difference must be there.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #12
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocko5000
no apparently it is you not knowing what you are talking about, he is not getting 7 subs, but an L7, and the 2 2000 watt amps are to power the 4 subs he supposedly wants to get.

Yep. Unfortunately for him, there's about a 99% chance that that's still too much.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:32 PM   #13
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Yep. Unfortunately for him, there's about a 99% chance that that's still too much.
If thats what he wants to do, its what he wants to do (if hes just showing off nice names, or is really trying to get the system together)

IMO, thats a LOT of bass. I had a single 12 ported 1000 watt pioneer with a 1200 watt XPLOD amp and it was way high even on low setting

if youre gona get that setup, stick to a non ported box. it will be very accurate, but since the power will be there, it will bump nicely as well.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote