Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Camry97
CF Newbie

2006 honda civic LX 4cyl Auto coupe 0-60 mph

Well can someone give me some specs on the new honda civic? I might be getting one of these next year just because my camry is getting pretty old and the gas mileage is ok. I get around 24 in the city and 32 on the highway. Well also this may sound pretty stupid but i was wondering how fast the 2006 honda civic coupe does 0-60 mph? I looked up my 97 camry 4cyl on a couple websites and it says 10.9 sec 0-60. Honestly i want a car faster than my camry, its slow as hell, i could be flooring it and it feels like i am riding a bicycle!! I am hoping the civic does a faster 0-60 time.
Could i find one maybe for like $15,000

Well it would be much help if you guys helped me find some specs on the honda.

thanks....

Last edited by Camry97 : 08-28-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Camry97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camry97
Well can someone give me some specs on the new honda civic? I might be getting one of these next year just because my camry is getting pretty old and the gas mileage is ok. I get around 24 in the city and 32 on the highway. Well also this may sound pretty stupid but i was wondering how fast the 2006 honda civic coupe does 0-60 mph? I looked up my 97 camry 4cyl on a couple websites and it says 10.9 sec 0-60. Honestly i want a car faster than my camry, its slow as hell, i could be flooring it and it feels like i am riding a bicycle!! I am hoping the civic does a faster 0-60 time.

thanks....
Has it occured to you to look at Honda's website instead of asking others to do the work for you? A little research on your part could have saved this whole embarrasing moment for you. Just out of curiosity, which are you, stupid or lazy.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
Camry97
CF Newbie

I am neither, All i want to know is how fast it goes 0-60 mph and on the website it does not tell you.

Are you Ass or a Douche Bag cause honestly you are one of the two.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:46 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I am neither, All i want to know is how fast it goes 0-60 mph and on the website it does not tell you.

Are you Ass or a Douche Bag cause honestly you are one of the two.
I'm an ass, you're a douche bag. The difference is I know it, you have to have other people tell you. I must also be stupider than you (if that's possible). I just managed to find the figures you're looking for in about 60 seconds with one simple search. That should be easy for you, because just like you, it's... simple.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
Camry97
CF Newbie

lol, Your funny but its not that easy to find the time. How would that make me a douche bag if i wanted to know something. Maybe you should get off your ass and go get a job, instead of being on here so much. You have like almost 10,000 posts!!!

Then what is the 0-60 time on the 5A coupe???

Last edited by Camry97 : 08-28-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
lol, Your funny but its not that easy to find the time. How would that make me a douche bag if i wanted to know something. Maybe you should get off your ass and go get a job, instead of being on here so much. You have like almost 10,000 posts!!!

Hey twinkie. Get a clue. I have multiple jobs and probably make more in a week than you do all year. THAT is how I can afford to be on here so much.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 AM   #7
newyorker
MXman

Quote:

Look when he joined...and he was a moderator at some point. In your defense, he does get out of line
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:37 AM   #8
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:

thanks....

A) Save your keyboard and fingers. Hobo DOES know more than you and he WILL make you look like a complete moron. Everytime you type something to him, you make yourself look dumber. Trust me, he knows more than you.
B) I was relatively bored so I looked around a bit myself and here is what I found.

1) The Civic you mentioned is said to get about 40mpg on the highway and 30 in the city which means it would be slightly better than your Camry, even after taking in account that the provided numbers are slightly exaggerated.
2) I'm not sure what the Civic 0-60 is and don't really feel like searching. However, I can tell you that, although it's 300 pounds lighter than the camry, it has slightly less hp and considerably less torque. Of course this is assuming that you have an I4 engine and not V6. If you have a V6 engine, I'm sure you realize that the Civic will not be as fast.
3) You can probably find a SLIGHTLY used one for 15K. Autotrader has it listed at about 17K.

Good luck.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:45 AM   #9
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
A) Save your keyboard and fingers. Hobo DOES know more than you and he WILL make you look like a complete moron. Everytime you type something to him, you make yourself look dumber. Trust me, he knows more than you.
B) I was relatively bored so I looked around a bit myself and here is what I found.

1) The Civic you mentioned is said to get about 40mpg on the highway and 30 in the city which means it would be slightly better than your Camry, even after taking in account that the provided numbers are slightly exaggerated.
2) I'm not sure what the Civic 0-60 is and don't really feel like searching. However, I can tell you that, although it's 300 pounds lighter than the camry, it has slightly less hp and considerably less torque. Of course this is assuming that you have an I4 engine and not V6. If you have a V6 engine, I'm sure you realize that the Civic will not be as fast.
3) You can probably find a SLIGHTLY used one for 15K. Autotrader has it listed at about 17K.

Good luck.
I dont understand people that get brand new cars, and sell them after less than 2k lol its pointless

2006 Honda Civic SI 7.2(0-60) 15.1(1/4 mile)
expect the model you wnat to be about 7.9+ and 16.5 + (just a guess)
first search result for 0-60 on google.com gives you a database

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Youd be surprised. VTEC makes quite a difference
...drive dima's car and youll understand....then again he wants the LX not the EX, which is non-vtec

Last edited by newyorker : 08-30-2006 at 02:48 AM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:55 AM   #10
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I dont understand people that get brand new cars, and sell them after less than 2k lol its pointless

2006 Honda Civic SI 7.2(0-60) 15.1(1/4 mile)
expect the model you wnat to be about 7.9+ and 16.5 + (just a guess)
first search result for 0-60 on google.com gives you a database

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Youd be surprised. VTEC makes quite a difference
...drive dima's car and youll understand....then again he wants the LX not the EX, which is non-vtec

I would guess more like 9 seconds.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:02 AM   #11
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Alright, just checked my last issue of R+T, the Honda Civic EX with auto transmission does 0-60 mph in 8.9 seconds, as tested by them.

And the SI does it in 6.6, according to them.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote