Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
isKall
CF Newbie

2004 Chrysler Crossfire?

Anyone had any experience with one, how they drive, how comfortable they are, etc. If so please state some opinions because I am thinking about getting one, but just don't know much about them.
isKall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

None of us here can tell you how comfrotable they are for YOU. Nor can we say how they drive compared to what you're used to (if you're getting out of an '84 Nissan Stanza with 250k miles, it'll feel different to you than if your last car was a 2005 Lexus GS400).

As for what they are, the Crossfire is a Mercedes SLK with art deco styling for a lower price. If you like the way they look, the way they fit YOU, and can afford it, I'd say it's a good deal. Drive one and make your call.

My last Chrysler was a 2002 model and when I sold it at 70k miles, it had had zero problems.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
isKall
CF Newbie

yeah right now, I drive a 99 Mustang GT with 94k miles. I had just heard some reviews saying that the Crossfire's were horriable and have had all kinds of problems.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by isKall
yeah right now, I drive a 99 Mustang GT with 94k miles. I had just heard some reviews saying that the Crossfire's were horriable and have had all kinds of problems.
Okay, I'll play your silly game. If you "heard some reviews saying that the Crossfire's were horriable (sic) and have had all kinds of problems", then why would you even consider purchasing one? Am I the only one who sees this making no sense?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
isKall
CF Newbie

LOL, I said I saw some reviews, not all reviews are true. So I came here to ask, please tell me your not over 18.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #6
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
So I came here to ask, please tell me your not over 18.
It is official. The shit has hit the fan.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
LOL, I said I saw some reviews, not all reviews are true. So I came here to ask, please tell me your not over 18.
No, actually you said you heard some reviews. Heard and saw are not the same thing. It's a good thing one of us has a long enough attention span to read what you have to say. While we're at it, please tell me that someone who wants to be treated like an adult knows the difference between "your" and "you're", and "heard" and "saw".

BTW, what makes you think that any information you get on this or any other forum will be any better than the reviews that you either heard or saw, whichever it was? Anywhere you go you're going to get either second (third, forth) hand information or an actual owner who is agenda driven because they either liked or disliked the car. Bottom line, no matter where you get your info, you and only you can decide if it's a car that you want.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #8
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
It is official. The shit has hit the fan.
That actually had me laughin
Old 08-28-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
That actually had me laughin

i second that notion
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:04 AM   #10
isKall
CF Newbie

Well tell me this, do you "have" to run Premium gas through the Crossfire?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #11
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Well tell me this, do you "have" to run Premium gas through the Crossfire?
i cant answer that one, we dont sell "premium gas" in england,
we have unleaded, super unleaded,
and id say super unleaded is better if you were in england, tad more expensive, but a little cleaner and efficient (apparently)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #12
isKall
CF Newbie

is $7950 good for a wrecked Crossfire w/ 47k miles? Also are they reliable cars, like a car you could drive everday?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #13
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
is $7950 good for a wrecked Crossfire w/ 47k miles? Also are they reliable cars, like a car you could drive everday?

The problem with this scenario is that we have no way of knowing what was damaged in the wreck that might MAKE it unreliable. It's not going to be a clean, low mileage, perfect car, simply by virtue of it being wrecked. There could/most likely will be things that are damaged that will cause it to be unreliable, that have no relation to how reliable the car would have been had it not BEEN wrecked.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:37 PM   #14
isKall
CF Newbie

well it needs a hood, front bumper, both fenders, both rocker panels, both headlights. Don't truthfully know if any of that will make it unreliable. But what I was meaning was with it having 47k miles will that make it unreliable, because most cars last past 150,000 miles now, didn't know if that was the case with the Crossfire.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #15
DannyDarko
CF Newbie

The crossfire is unreliable for a Chrystler because it's Mercedes. Which many point to being unreliable due to their level of complexness and sophistication compared to American cars.

Chrystler dumbs down many systems I would hope, but really I'm just giving you a comparison between an SLK and your average american car these days. Anything Chrystler has done will improve it's reliablity. SLK's are a car that I am pretty fond of personally.

at 47k miles you should be semi ok, but I would treat it well. The first problems usually start arising at 90k miles, most of the ones I've known before this haven't had any problems. Again Mercedes is prone to brekeage, I would honestly shoot for around the low 30's if I were going to fix the body work on the car. Is like taking a year off. Also keep in mind it had no back seat, and do me a favor and argue a little less.

Crossfires are great cars, but if you plan to drive it to 100k I would be prepared to spend at least 1000$ in repairs, over 4 years, this isn't too bad.

ASSUMING only the body was damaged, you should be fine, if you can repair it yourself, at a decent cost. Parts should be more readily availeble because it is a Chrystler.

I would say it's a little on the edge, but honestly I would go for it, if I had the time for such a project.

Ha ha I would also not carmax my vehicle, until I know it's in working order. With no body damage even after you have fixed it, you'll be able to sell it for more than you put in anyway, as at the least people will pay for your own labor.

Anyway happy, restoring.
DannyDarko is offline   Reply With Quote