Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #31
DarkVixen
CF Newbie

1) If I remember correctly from the first post on this thread he's NOT getting the car to compete with his friend. he's been saving up for a while to get a nice car, the only thing screwing him out of that is insurance. he was settling for a slower car but his friend got the nice one which sent him back on his kick of "i want a nice car" who doesn't want a nice car? i know i sure as hell do. I change my mind as to what vehicle i want almost daily (disclaimer: i am not saying i want anyone's cars in this thread so don't attack me)
2) i do agree he was just using his 3 cars as an example, he wasn't showing them off or saying anything stupid till he was attacked about it. why are you so butt hurt about that? why is it such a big deal if he's moved them or not. he still has them doesn't he? and what'd the big problem with having project cars? if you love working on cars it's fine. and you can't really tell if he's moved them or not in my opinion (disclaimer: which might be wrong so don't attack me about that either)
3) all the kid wanted was ideas as to a good car to to get, that would have power, speed, and not rape him on insurance, if he gets into an accedent because he's being stupid it's his own fault (disclaimer: i'm not attacking you i'm just stating a fact)
Old 09-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #32
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
And im supposed to care that you have 1 mustang and 2 busted ass cars that you are just working on? Get a life. Noone gives a shit what you drive, because if youre a pompous asshole about it, you can drive a McLaren F1, and youll still get no respect
So how did you go about getting your respect here at CF?....just an innocent querie

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #33
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
So how did you go about getting your respect here at CF?....just an innocent querie

By lying, insulting people, and posting pictures of smoking to make him look cool.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #34
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmracersv98
he wasn't showing off eh? why did he say that YOU WISH YOU OWNED THESE?, right..... and oh yeah, he may be more responsible that the whole racing thing it looks like your getting at there, I can't count the number of people who want and have tried to race me, I drive a 01 celica, come on, but I have never raced anyone.
only reason i said that was because he was being such a jerk
Andrew0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #35
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Yes.. every race ends in a wreck. Right
You took me a little too literally . I've seen plenty of street races, never seen a wreck. I was saying that because there is an elevated risk (even more than a regular race) because they are such inexperienced drivers and they have a little car-related battle going on between them.

ferny: I know you don't think you're going to race him on the streets, but just as many things, it's easier said than done. Even if you two don't want to, every day at school your friends will be egging you on, especially if you have the two fastest cars in school. If you have enough self control, good for you.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:20 AM   #36
Ferny
CF Newbie

When people egg us on to race I'll show them a copy of our 1/4 mile slip and tell them to go to the track with us next time we go up. I really doubt my friend though is gonna call out my car. He doesn't know how many cylinders are in his GT and I'm a believer in pacifism. Anyway can I please get some help on my original question? I was kind of looking at 2000-2001ish Celica GT-S's. The insurance is affordable and I figure that if he gets an automatic mustang like I think he will we would be on equal grounds. The only gripe I have against it is that I was never a fan of Japanese cars at all and it just doesn't really seem like something I would want to tote my lady around in. Are there any American or European cars I can buy for under $12,000.

As far the insurance issue my sister drives a Jetta and my parents pay for her insurance. Every dollar my car goes over hers insurance wise I have to pay for out of my pocket. I'm perfectly fine paying $4-500 a year extra for a nice car. I know insurance changes from area to area but just try to keep it in mind.

Also as a quick note pretty much anything selling here for about $20,000 I can get since my father has been best friends with the woner most of his life and I'm going to be getting a second job there soon.
http://autoworks-international.ebiza..._sort=PriceAsc

Last edited by Ferny : 09-06-2006 at 01:41 AM.
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:09 AM   #37
bebopin64
CF Enthusiast

BMW 850i no question about it. Sexy and a V12.

http://autoworks-international.ebiza...es/850i/Coupe/
bebopin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:37 AM   #38
Ferny
CF Newbie

I was hoping my car would get atleast 15 mpg and I really want a manual transmission. Automatics bore me to death. I know that sentence kind of sounds like I'm being an asshole after you helped me but I'm not trying to be hostile. Yeah.

Last edited by Ferny : 09-06-2006 at 02:40 AM.
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:56 AM   #39
bebopin64
CF Enthusiast

there are downsides to the 850i like the auto tranny but i think it gets better than 15mpg ( its only 5L). But the sheer cool of an 850 should outweigh auto tranny like a million to 1.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:29 AM   #40
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I dont prove anything to anyone. If i know sometihng is true in my life, thats the way it is..this kid posts special pictures for me.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:02 AM   #41
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
..this kid posts special pictures for me.
I don't wanna know....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:06 AM   #42
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

a song comes to mind
"im bad, im bad, im really, really bad"
can anyone guess the singer?

ok, for the record, hes innocent, but it makes for a good joke
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #43
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I don't wanna know....
of "his cars" you perv lol
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:30 AM   #44
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny
I really doubt my friend though is gonna call out my car. He doesn't know how many cylinders are in his GT

It is the ignorant kids that always want to race, and always want risky races. If you hang out with enough car guys, you'll see that it's always the dumb ones that want to do things the "fast and furious" style.

Quote:
I was kind of looking at 2000-2001ish Celica GT-S's. The insurance is affordable and I figure that if he gets an automatic mustang like I think he will we would be on equal grounds.

I think he'd have you beat by a decent amount. A website I just looked at says the GT-S has 180 hp and 130 lbs of torque, and it's a FWD. Although it's probably heavier, the Stang has more power and RWD. The Celica does 0-60 in 7.2 seconds with a stick, I'm betting even an automatic GT would leave you in the dust.[/quote]

Quote:
The only gripe I have against it is that I was never a fan of Japanese cars at all and it just doesn't really seem like something I would want to tote my lady around in.
In my limited experience with the ladies, I can tell you that the ones I've talked cars with don't care for the American muscle. They seem to prefer the flashiness of a lot of the riceburners.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:02 AM   #45
bebopin64
CF Enthusiast

but the ladies really like theeuro imports like the 850i. And it has a V12. I've gone months without seeing a car with a V12.