Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2003, 07:56 PM   #1
Tony Mason
CF Newbie

Here come the British!

I know most of you guys are probably partial to American cars but here is a couple of UK vehicles. Some may think MG fanatics are a little crazy but if you love cars and tinkering, there isn't too many that require as much tinkering as these! These are two of mine. One last one to go, a '72 MGB. I'm thinking about a 3.4 V6 with a five speed upgrade to that one.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:59 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Here come the British!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mason
I know most of you guys are probably partial to American cars but here is a couple of UK vehicles. Some may think MG fanatics are a little crazy but if you love cars and tinkering, there isn't too many that require as much tinkering as these! These are two of mine. One last one to go, a '72 MGB. I'm thinking about a 3.4 V6 with a five speed upgrade to that one.

Very nice stuff. How hard was it to convert the Midget to steel bumpers intead of rubber?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 08:07 PM   #3
Tony Mason
CF Newbie

Actually, the '74 was the last Chrome bumper. That's why you see those big blocks on the front. '74.5 and up came with the rubber bumpers. I did read that a lot of guys do convert those. It's not supposed to be that difficult. The bumper and emissions regulations destroyed the market for British Leyland and the MG was history in the US in 1980. Instant classic!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Mason
Actually, the '74 was the last Chrome bumper. That's why you see those big blocks on the front. '74.5 and up came with the rubber bumpers. I did read that a lot of guys do convert those. It's not supposed to be that difficult. The bumper and emissions regulations destroyed the market for British Leyland and the MG was history in the US in 1980. Instant classic!

I see said the blind man. I thought '73 was the last year for steel (2.5 mph) bumpers and '74 was first year for rubber (5 mph). Maybe they got a waiver due to limited imports or something. Extremely nice cars at any rate.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 07:37 AM   #5
JDM Enthusiast
CF Newbie

I would love to own that MGBGT, one of the most handsome cars ever produced, in my opinion.