Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2004, 06:56 AM   #1
Morphias87
CF Newbie

Question Hyundai

Just wondering but are these cars any good? Like are they built well or do they fall apart, I know they have a nice 100,000 mile warrenty and all but if I where to get one would it be worth it? Is there a reason there trade-in value is nothing?
Morphias87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphias87
Just wondering but are these cars any good? Like are they built well or do they fall apart, I know they have a nice 100,000 mile warrenty and all but if I where to get one would it be worth it? Is there a reason there trade-in value is nothing?
They fall apart..but they are reliable untill they do

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:21 PM   #3
DigitalChaos486
CF Newbie

They are also quite cheap cars too. But yes they can fall apart easily... Although I think that they make good temparory cars, along time ago, my dad bought one, and drove it until he saved up enough money for a 1993 Honda Prelude, then he bought the prelude, and sold the hyundai.
DigitalChaos486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:11 PM   #4
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphias87

To be honest with you they suck. They fall apart and its the type of car that once you fix something on it then something else happens to it. The Tiburon (sp?) too me is there only decent car.

Takes a long time to gain respect, but it only takes seconds to lose it
DJ Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:17 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Nonsense
To be honest with you they suck. They fall apart and its the type of car that once you fix something on it then something else happens to it. The Tiburon (sp?) too me is there only decent car.
This gets a vote for the dumbest thing I ever heard. While I do agree that Hyundais are not the best car on the road today, the statement about the Tiburon is just out there. It's still a Hyundai under the skin with all the same reliability and drivability issues as any Hyundai. You just happen to like the way it looks, so that somehow makes it better. Ridiculous.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:41 PM   #6
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
This gets a vote for the dumbest thing I ever heard. While I do agree that Hyundais are not the best car on the road today, the statement about the Tiburon is just out there. It's still a Hyundai under the skin with all the same reliability and drivability issues as any Hyundai. You just happen to like the way it looks, so that somehow makes it better. Ridiculous.

It does?

Who says I said this based on looks? I just said that in my view its the only decent car that they have made.

Old 04-14-2004, 04:43 PM   #7
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
It does?

Who says I said this based on looks? I just said that in my view its the only decent car that they have made.

Ok...then this begs the question; Based on what?

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:52 PM   #8
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Ok...then this begs the question; Based on what?

My ex has one and it runs smoothly. She has had NO problems with the car. Well not yet anyways. But that could all change in about 4 to 5 more months.

Old 04-14-2004, 04:57 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
My ex has one and it runs smoothly. She has had NO problems with the car. Well not yet anyways. But that could all change in about 4 to 5 more months.
I see. So your ex's car is good to her, that's great. I suppose though that everyone elso who has owned a Hyundai other than a Tiburon has had it "fall apart and its the type of car that once you fix something on it then something else happens to it". And nobody with a Tiburon has had any trouble. This all seems very bizare to me, or to use another word, ridiculous.

Think, type, submit.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 04-14-2004, 05:04 PM   #10
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie

Quote:
I see. So your ex's car is good to her, that's great. I suppose though that everyone elso who has owned a Hyundai other than a Tiburon has had it "fall apart and its the type of car that once you fix something on it then something else happens to it". And nobody with a Tiburon has had any trouble. This all seems very bizare to me, or to use another word, ridiculous.

Think, type, submit.

Let me get this striaght your saying that you can't own any type of Hyundai rather it be the Tiburon or any other make and not come across any problem for a while. That they can't run smoothly?

Old 04-14-2004, 05:09 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Let me get this striaght your saying that you can't own any type of Hyundai rather it be the Tiburon or any other make and not come across any problem for a while. That they can't run smoothly?
Okay, time to put on your thinking cap. I never said a Hyundai was an inherently good or bad car. You are the one who made the statement that the Tiburon "is there only decent car" and that the rest of them "suck". We're waiting for you to justify your statement and as Bav asked, based on what?

It's very simple, you're the one who offered your opinion, now back it up.

Old 04-14-2004, 05:12 PM   #12
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:

I believe it is you that insinuated this exact thought. (right back at-cha)

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 05:34 PM   #13
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie

This is based on my experience of driving one around town many times. It is a smoothing riding machine. Not my favorite type of car but its ok. If you want the stats of the 2004 Tiburon then here you go:

http://www.autosimports.com/2003-Hyundai-Tiburon.htm

Hopefully that hyperlink works

Old 04-14-2004, 05:44 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
This is based on my experience of driving one around town many times. It is a smoothing riding machine. Not my favorite type of car but its ok. If you want the stats of the 2004 Tiburon then here you go:

http://www.autosimports.com/2003-Hyundai-Tiburon.htm

Hopefully that hyperlink works
You are avoiding the questions. You didn't say the Tiburon was smooth riding you said Hyundais are junk except the Tiburon which is decent. We also didn't ask for specifications. We only want you to back up your statement and tell us what you based it on. Conversely, you could just tell us you were blathering and that you have no idea why you made your statements and we can let this drop.

Maybe there's a reason why "Nonsense" is part of your name. Repeat after me... think, type, submit.

Old 04-14-2004, 05:56 PM   #15
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie

Quote:
You are avoiding the questions. You didn't say the Tiburon was smooth riding you said Hyundais are junk except the Tiburon which is decent. We also didn't ask for specifications. We only want you to back up your statement and tell us what you based it on. Conversely, you could just tell us you were blathering and that you have no idea why you made your statements and we can let this drop. Repeat after me... think, type, submit.

*Sigh*

(Remember we are NOW talking about the Tiburon)

I know why I made the statements I have driven one before. Decent, smooth driving about the same thing.