Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
2PInZ
CF Newbie

Car suggestions?

Hey, i got my license this summer and my parents are gonna buy me a new car. I have a limit of 35k list price. I want definitely a convertible, and used is fine, but not older than 03'. Yes, speed is a factor..... This car must be a convertible too...because my mom wants a convertible...and i guess so do i.

The m3 is my dream car 333hp and it looks so sweet omG...but all of them are around 40k used....and the ones which are <35k have maddd milage on them. Any suggestions?
2PInZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman

kill yourself. spoiled piece of sht
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:23 PM   #3
True_Brit
Has a new job!

why dont you be normal and go out and buy a cheap car and build your self up as time goes on!, im sure youll get more thrills in a car thats built in lets say 1991!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

You're lucky that your parents are buying you a new car and while I am jealous, I'll give some actual advice lol...Why spend all $35,000 on a first car? Why not get something like a Solstice?
Old 09-18-2006, 03:34 AM   #5
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
You're lucky that your parents are buying you a new car and while I am jealous, I'll give some actual advice lol...Why spend all $35,000 on a first car? Why not get something like a Solstice?
hell total it neway
Old 09-18-2006, 03:49 AM   #6
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PInZ
Hey, i got my license this summer and my parents are gonna buy me a new car. I have a limit of 35k list price. I want definitely a convertible, and used is fine, but not older than 03'. Yes, speed is a factor..... This car must be a convertible too...because my mom wants a convertible...and i guess so do i.

The m3 is my dream car 333hp and it looks so sweet omG...but all of them are around 40k used....and the ones which are <35k have maddd milage on them. Any suggestions?

I'm calling bullsh*t on all accounts. Want to prove me wrong? What do they drive?
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:00 AM   #7
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
I'm calling bullsh*t on all accounts. Want to prove me wrong? What do they drive?
I sold em my Arnage a few weeks back
Old 09-18-2006, 06:13 AM   #8
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
kill yourself. spoiled piece of sht
Why should he have to kill himself even if he is spoiled? What is this anti-kids-getting-decent-cars trend?

I believe some kids think they have a higher limit than they actually do, though

Oh yeah, m3 convertibles are substantially slower than the coupes. I wouldn't recommend that.

You should get a 350z convertible, maybe an 05 (with manual transmission please!)

Or why not a 1995 ferrari 348 spider?

z4s are very nice too, but slightly "controversial" styling, lol.

2007 mazda miata with power retractable hardtop. Save yourself a good 5-8k and get one of the most fun-to-drive, best handling cars in the world.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie

2007 mazda miata with power retractable hardtop. Save yourself a good 5-8k and get one of the most fun-to-drive, best handling cars in the world.

he'll save himself more than 8k, they are one of the cheapest drop tops around!!!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:24 AM   #10
Andrew0261
CF Enthusiast

yea what with the anti thing going on here just b/c the kid can get a better car than us doesnt mean u gotta hate on him
Andrew0261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I agree that we shouldn't be this harsh with him, however, chances are he's not really going to get $35,000 worth of car....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
he'll save himself more than 8k, they are one of the cheapest drop tops around!!!
Yes but the prht one is in high demand. The msrp for it is about 24k. If he gets the sport package and leather seats, it could run him up to 28-30k.

They're amazing cars!

CLIFFY: Like I said, I think kids tend to believe they have higher budgets from their parents than they really do. But then again, he did say his mom wants a convertible, and his mom wants this/that, etc. Maybe it's a car for his mom? Or for him to share with his mom? Otherwise why would she be dictating what he getson it?

And given that point, you're probably gonna get an automatic, cause most women don't drive sticks :\ My friend's uncle got a porsche boxster and his wife made him get an automatic and she only drove it once in 7 years. I'm never getting married, I swear.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.

Last edited by Bronxie : 09-18-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #13
kezza
CF Newbie

I wish that cliffy gave me 35k to get a car when i passed my test lol But then again i just know that if i had of had a brand new car for my first car i would have written it off within weeks and then cliffy would have written me off
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:33 AM   #14
newyorker
MXman

Its because people like us have to work hard for our shit. They just get it handed to them.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:16 AM   #15
x1/9-rally
CF Enthusiast

I gotta say that I'm getting tired of these " I just turned 14 and 3/17 and my mommy and daddy said they would spend 35k to 50k to buy me a new car so I can show off to my friends and wrap it around a telephone pole in the first month.So what should mommy and daddy buy me?". You know what? Get a life! Why are you asking some dudes on the internet what you should buy? Why don't you do the research and test drive every car you might like and see what the pros and cons of each car are and go from there. If I had 35k to spend on a car, I would buy a 90 to 94 awd turbo DSM for 3000(for a nice one) and dump the rest in the motor and drivetrain and have the fastest 4 banger car in town. And if I was your dad I wouldn't buy you sh*t. You know what my dad said when I asked if he would buy me a car? Get a job and buy one yourself. Oh you want a Playstation 2? Get a Job. Your telling me you want a dirt bike? Get a Job. And now that I think about it, I should thank my dad for not buying me everything I want, cause I value everything (well almost) I bought with the money I have earned. So get a job instead of begging your parents for everything and maybe you won't turn out to be a spoiled brat that'll live in his parents basement for the rest of his life . And thats my rant.