Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2003, 11:44 PM   #16
starfish
CF Newbie

haha if u had a twin turbo viper no one would race u because most of ur street racers are under 30g
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:58 PM   #17
57ock
CF Addict

30g.. I should really stop spending money on my car.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:25 AM   #18
RichG
CF Enthusiast

I would say a LS1

Nayner = Good
RichG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 07:27 AM   #19
BLU200

57OCK spending habits

hahah try double that....

LS1... pfft

:P
Old 02-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #20
RichG
CF Enthusiast

Re: 57OCK spending habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU200
hahah try double that....

LS1... pfft

:P
?

Nayner = Good
RichG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 04:18 AM   #21
Aten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Some Supras and skyline are quick.

Most people dont know how to addon to them, usually getting subpar results for premium prices because theyre so retarded.

Who said honda was a show car? Puhleeze, the only way they should be able to get in any show is if COMPLETELY modify everything on the car.

Truthfully I think its cheaper to get a stang and bigblock it with a 427 stroker engine. update the whole engine, which wont cost as much as you think, and stick a turbo(maybe 2 lol) or a charger(blower if you want, doesnt make much difference except to you) and some nos on(go with the 300 horse shot, just try to use it right lol) and there you have a vehicle that WILL run into AT LEAST the 10s gauranteed, if you dont then you need to get another mechanic to tune your shit up.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:44 PM   #22
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I really hate to burst anyones bubble but the best car for street racing is none at all. In most places street races take place it's just plain dangerous. If you're not on a track you're not a racer, you're a fool.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 05:08 AM   #23
Aten

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I really hate to burst anyones bubble but the best car for street racing is none at all. In most places street races take place it's just plain dangerous. If you're not on a track you're not a racer, you're a fool.

Hmm good point.

How old are you again?

Id be more worried about getting busted by the cops than getting in an accident where the usual races are, plus, Im not stupid enough to race any of my vehicles in such a manner.

Problem is, most of these cars arent made to do this kind of shit, they break, then you have to fix or replace certain elements every time you feel like puttin it to the floor.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:29 AM   #24
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aten
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo

Hmm good point.

How old are you again?

Id be more worried about getting busted by the cops than getting in an accident where the usual races are, plus, Im not stupid enough to race any of my vehicles in such a manner.

Problem is, most of these cars arent made to do this kind of shit, they break, then you have to fix or replace certain elements every time you feel like puttin it to the floor.

Well, let's see. Old enough to have been there and done that. Old enough to have over 30 years experience in most forms of racing, both cars and motorcycles. Old enough to have a teenage son who's been racing since he was 3 years old, and who would be happy to show you how it's done. Oh yeah, old enough to tell by reading your posts that you have a very limited knowledge of most of the subjects that you speak.

As for your last comment, you're right. I believe you're speaking from experience, driving crap I mean. Our bracket racers are driven daily, no matter what. We only trailer our horses.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 03:26 AM   #25
mantruck

Well, let's see. I started street racing when there wasn't the traffic there is today. I wouldn't do it now.I see these "boy racers" driving thru San Francisco rush hour traffic like they're at Datona. As for me, I'll stick to a car that can get out of it's own way (2001 Pontiac GTP), comfortable, gets good gas mileage (25-30) and looks nice.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:20 AM   #26
2k3SVTCobra
CF Newbie

Are you guys talking stock or modified? And, at what price range. Any car can be made to go fast, even a piece of $hit but all you have is a fast piece of $hit. If you talk bang for the buck (AKA. Value) Then I'd have to day an 03 Cobra but hey, I'm bias.
Custom CAI
Flowmaster 2-chambers
2k3SVTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:01 AM   #27
Arthur
On Probation

There is no "best" street racing car, It all depends on how much money your willing to spend.
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 02:01 PM   #28
Vikas1
CF Newbie

Without a doubt honda is the best street racing car.!!!!!!!!
Vikas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 03:58 PM   #29
2k3SVTCobra
CF Newbie

Not to flame but if you are talking stock for street racing, then Hondas will not cut it. Hondas are great platforms to build on but not for stock since their power is limited. Yes, the RSX and the Si's are ok but there are others out there that will destroy stock Hondas. The Neon R/T-4 is the size of a Honda but puts 220 hp to the front wheels. The Acura (actually a honda) only has 200 at the flywheel.

Now if you are talking larger displacement, then you have Camaros and Mustangs that have good power and even more when you add a few $$ to mod. It all depends on the parameters. Remember, you can make any car fast, even a piece of $hit but all you will have is a fast piece of Shit.
Custom CAI
Flowmaster 2-chambers
2k3SVTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 01:12 AM   #30
Arthur
On Probation

the new neon rt4 does not put 220 hp at the wheels, it puts that at the crank or flywheel. probubly puts around 190 at the wheels
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote