Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2004, 07:47 PM   #31
GivenTheChance
CF Newbie

Exclamation Help

I dont know all that much about car all i really know is that i have a need for speed ive raced before but at the moment im lookin for a new car but i got no idea what to get i want something with a good aceleration rate and good handling if any one can help me out the ya hit me up >link removed<

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Really now. How about finding the "Introduce Yourself" section and using it. Showing up, posting a classified ad and putting it all in the wrong place on your first post is not a good way to start. Time to try it again.

Last edited by vwhobo : 03-17-2004 at 08:01 PM.
GivenTheChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:04 PM   #32
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I really hate to burst anyones bubble but the best car for street racing is none at all. In most places street races take place it's just plain dangerous. If you're not on a track you're not a racer, you're a fool.
has anyone read or comprehended the above post? if you can afford to modify your car then you can afford a track day.. ..simple.. i live but a few miles from one of the greatest racing tracks of all time, and i know that they have open days atleast once a week..thursdays are cars and fridays are bikes. also there are numerous tracks all around the country where they do this.. there is no excuse to do otherwise..

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 03-17-2004 at 08:13 PM.
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:53 PM   #33
enron fever
CF Addict

Quote:
OK, directly to the point, what is the best street racing car to buy, and that doesn't require to buy a new engine and so on?
well, if we go by fast and furious standards, it's whoever's car has the most useless plastic crap hanging off of it. and spinnaz, yo.
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #34
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
well, if we go by fast and furious standards, it's whoever's car has the most useless plastic crap hanging off of it. and spinnaz, yo.
true, very true.. you can't argue with the man and not look a fool...

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 03-17-2004, 09:29 PM   #35
gtofreak
CF Newbie

Quote:
OK, directly to the point, what is the best street racing car to buy, and that doesn't require to buy a new engine and so on?

In my opinion and from some kind of experience the BEST street racing car u can buy without having to replace the engine wud be a Nissan Skyline
gtofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 06:53 AM   #36
bennie154
CF Newbie

personally i would go with a car with a V8 you can do so much to the engine that will blow the doors out of honda's. Plus for some unfortunate reason that you might crash you have more protection. Plus street racing is not the way to go, almost all tracks allow amauter night or day, and it's not that expensive. you can also take advantage of the test and tune days.
bennie154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #37
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtofreak
In my opinion and from some kind of experience the BEST street racing car u can buy without having to replace the engine wud be a Nissan Skyline

yeah, i agree the skyline has the most advanced 4wd system avalible on a road car but the weight and engine limatations are the disadvantage. the car weighs 1666 kg (3665.2 lbs) and the GT-R engine (RB26DETT) is limited to under 1500 bhp, the RB30DETT engine will allow a little more power but not much more. now take a car that can fit a BBC (thats an example, there are other options but that was the first that came to mind) engine under the hood, this has huge bhp potential and where the skyline can beat it on the corners it will more than make up for that on the straights..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennie154
Plus street racing is not the way to go, almost all tracks allow amauter night or day, and it's not that expensive. you can also take advantage of the test and tune days.

i remember saying much the same thing about a week ago...

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 03-21-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:53 PM   #38
jon348
CF Newbie

top cars for burning people up

simple first are renault 5 gt turbo

anything with cosworth stuck on the back (champion)

scoobys import though not uk there balaxs

mitsu evo 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rally prepared octavia hard core

honda nsx money money money

ferrari 348
jon348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:59 PM   #39
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon348
mitsu evo 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evo 7... woho!!! Good car really..especially for the money..

Old 03-26-2004, 10:37 PM   #40
Hiens
CF Newbie

The Noble M12 GTO 3R is the best for tracks, but i'd say it's the Koenigsegg CCR 0-60 in about 3.2 sec.

Happy? No.
Hiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:15 AM   #41
Sonreir
CF Newbie

No one has mentioned the Mitsu 3KGT yet... weird...
Sonreir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 05:38 AM   #42
jon348
CF Newbie

street racing

street racing is for fools and prats sorry to say but the best stret racing car is the one that does 0-30 the fastest, plus may I add that in my time and all the races etc I have ever been involved with not one of the pros has ever said "i started with street racing"

sorry chap but street racing is for prats and when you lot get caught you deserve what you get.

keep it on the track keep it legal and most importantly keep it safe!
people don't need to die for the proof that your dick is bigger than someone else's

sorry but thats is how i feel
Old 03-27-2004, 05:41 AM   #43
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon348
street racing is for fools and prats sorry to say but the best stret racing car is the one that does 0-30 the fastest, plus may I add that in my time and all the races etc I have ever been involved with not one of the pros has ever said "i started with street racing"

sorry chap but street racing is for prats and when you lot get caught you deserve what you get.

keep it on the track keep it legal and most importantly keep it safe!
people don't need to die for the proof that your dick is bigger than someone else's

sorry but thats is how i feel
Thank you for having a mature outlook on street racing scum, I agree 100%. But i've just gotta know, what the hell is a "prat"?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 05:47 AM   #44
jon348
CF Newbie

prat

prat is an english version of f***ing idiot

good to see some one else who has there head screwed on and not in f***ing love fast and furious!
Old 03-27-2004, 05:50 AM   #45
jon348
CF Newbie

prat

I rewalise that sometimes people don't take me seriously but street racing is one of those things we can all agree on, I would like to keep them b-stard out