Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
Inygknok
El del Supra

Seat upholstery

Well, I've been looking sadly at my seats ever since I took them out, and the thought of trying to re-upholster them myself has been tempting me strongly.

Only thing is, I have no idea how to do this. Is there anyone around here that has tried it (including the shaping of the internal foam) that could go about explaining it to me?

Yes, I know, a pro could do it 100 times better than me, but I would like to ATLEAST try it once, even if it's with the back seat.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
fudge
let's fighting love

When I was at the automobile collection at Las Vegas I was tempted to buy a book on car interior, I don't remember who wrote it but it covers nearly everything about doing up the interior.

However a quick look at amazon and I think it's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Auto-In...810519?ie=UTF8
Old 10-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
Inygknok
El del Supra

nice, gonna give it a look. thanks.

Old 10-08-2006, 05:51 PM   #4
fudge
let's fighting love

I like to look more into custom interiors myself as it's rather overlooked in the car scene round here.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Inygknok
El del Supra

from wat i've seen, it's very overlooked in many places. i asked the same thing in the supra forms i visit and, surprising to me, they just started stating the obvious, "oh, but an expert will do a much better job, blah blah blah".

apparently, not many ppl are willing to sit down and try to learn how to do stuff like this.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #6
fudge
let's fighting love

In a way not many people do it as it seems kind of a feminine profession but in fact it's usually dominated by males. The sewing machines they use is uber quick, I wonder if I could get use my mum's home machine to that
Old 10-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #7
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Yeah, you should do it yourself. I have been learning how to fix cars and repair things on my vehicles (usually my friends cars as mine are all brand new) and it's not as hard as it looks. Anything you want to know, whether it's how to get a bj or how to fly an airplane, you can find a good online guide for it.

This week we're putting new struts on my friend's car, last week we cleaned the exhaust manifold and the egr valve. I am buying my own project car, probably a first generation miata, to play with.

Anyways back to your problem, I am sure it can be done if you want to spare yourself the money, and besides, it'd look so good when it's done.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #8
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Yeah, you should do it yourself. I have been learning how to fix cars and repair things on my vehicles (usually my friends cars as mine are all brand new) and it's not as hard as it looks. Anything you want to know, whether it's how to get a bj or how to fly an airplane, you can find a good online guide for it.

This week we're putting new struts on my friend's car, last week we cleaned the exhaust manifold and the egr valve. I am buying my own project car, probably a first generation miata, to play with.

Anyways back to your problem, I am sure it can be done if you want to spare yourself the money, and besides, it'd look so good when it's done.
I wasnt even going to do it to save money, it was just an itch to try it and learn something new. I might give it a shot as soon as we move out of the apartment, which will hopefully be before december....