Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

YouTube - Sold

Just heard that YouTube has been sold to Google for about $1.65-billion. It got me thinking how the previous owners were probably just kids...you know, dot com billionaires.....low and behold, two very rich 'kids' (well, in their early twenties I guess!). I'm not sure if it was them who were in sole ownership, but it was good going all the same, lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

How come everybody thinks of every get-rich-quick-scheme before I can? lol.

I hope they won't be making any major changes to the site layout...I just got used to it lol.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
True_Brit
Has a new job!

sold after 20 months on the job! wow

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
How come everybody thinks of every get-rich-quick-scheme before I can? lol.

I hope they won't be making any major changes to the site layout...I just got used to it lol.
I've never really used it much....same with most video sites

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 10-11-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:36 PM   #5
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

hopefully this doesnt affect my ability to watch topgear

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #6
fudge
let's fighting love

Probably the best site of the year in my opinion. It has no annoying ads unlike 'thatvideosite' plus it has a huge choice of videos which are free unlike google videos. I also don't have to resort to torrents for episodes and save a hell of a lot of bandwidth and time in doing so.

However I can't imagine how much servers they have used(as videos takes so much space) and the bandwidth costs to keep them going for a free to use website-I must assume that the owners were already quite rich to even start it up. After seeing the video of the owners they must be laughing their way to the bank by now but I hope they don't start charging because of Google.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #7
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
Probably the best site of the year in my opinion. It has no annoying ads unlike 'thatvideosite' plus it has a huge choice of videos which are free unlike google videos. I also don't have to resort to torrents for episodes and save a hell of a lot of bandwidth and time in doing so.

However I can't imagine how much servers they have used(as videos takes so much space) and the bandwidth costs to keep them going for a free to use website-I must assume that the owners were already quite rich to even start it up. After seeing the video of the owners they must be laughing their way to the bank by now but I hope they don't start charging because of Google.
i doubt google will charge, else they would be for their gmail services. but i bet ads will be integrated all over the place so sponsors do all the paying.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #8
chris_knows
๑۩۞

They have a couple of ads, but they are hard to notice (I had to go search for them just now to make sure they were there lol). I don't use those sites much, but I've got two computer classes so I'll watch stuff like South Park episodes and stuff. So many people are always on there looking up videos of WoW--Did anyody else just learn about that like a month ago? lol