Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #31
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

sorry i forgot all about this post... ya I asked him and he laughed at me... and told me that this was real engines not make believe engines.
Told me there was no way to get the kind of compression you need from an electric motor, said it just wasnt possible. And hes be in the industry for years.

I dunno what to tell you, 800 bucks is too rich for my blood to try it out, so I guess ill never know.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:02 AM   #32
streetfreakz
CF Newbie

for a person who has never tried one, he sure has no problem with the make believe stuff. i'll send one for free, i would love to put him in his place.
streetfreakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 04:08 AM   #33
streetfreakz
CF Newbie

here's my e-mail for sir laughalot. walker4617@sbcglobal.net
Old 09-06-2005, 04:14 AM   #34
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Sorry if I'm way off, but isn't the point of a turbo that it uses gas spinning one turbine to spin the other? How do these electric ones work? I assume it's just an electric compressor that runs off the alternator or something. That's not really a turbo is it? Closer to a supercharger I'd have thought.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:00 AM   #35
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfreakz
for a person who has never tried one, he sure has no problem with the make believe stuff. i'll send one for free, i would love to put him in his place.

Well like I said... the school has one, and its used to show how/why they dont work.

But if you want to prove him wrong, i can send you the address of the school. or you can send it to me, and i can hook it up and dyno it in class.

Im open to the possiblity that it might work... but would have to see it work before i believed that it did.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:09 AM   #36
streetfreakz
CF Newbie

yes, please send me the address. the instructor should know better than to use a bildge pump to proove that the electric turbo doesn't work. of course the bildge pump won't work. thats the easy way out.my version works, the thomas knight version works. most instructors just don't want to admit that some do work.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:12 AM   #37
streetfreakz
CF Newbie

my devise is in the form of a turbo or a belt driven supercharger. but the name electric supercharger has copyright claims on it already.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:16 AM   #38
bigdaveangell
CF Addict

Its been proven that they dont work. I dont understand why people continue to think that they will get hp gains from an electric supercharger
bigdaveangell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:33 AM   #39
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaveangell
Its been proven that they dont work. I dont understand why people continue to think that they will get hp gains from an electric supercharger
that's a bit of a narrow minded view .... there's many inventions that didn't work until they did (if ya know what I mean )
Old 09-06-2005, 10:16 AM   #40
streetfreakz
CF Newbie

who has proven this? our dyno sheets say different. bottom line is this, my product works, and i will put my product in front of anybody who thinks different.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:47 PM   #41
streetfreakz
CF Newbie

this is for windsonian. thank you for your decent replies. is there anyone in australia that would have the nuts to do an independant test on my electric turbo? apparently the us has wimped out.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #42
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfreakz
this is for windsonian. thank you for your decent replies. is there anyone in australia that would have the nuts to do an independant test on my electric turbo? apparently the us has wimped out.
Dunno, look up the formula SAE competition. They're allowed turbos, but I'm not sure what restrictions there are. It's a fairly tightly regulated competition, but if your product was legal, then I'm sure you could find some testers. It's a uni comp see, so the budgets are low, but the students are keen to try new things and they will research and test it thoroughly. Someone would probably test it and write a final year engineering thesis on it, then they would incorporate it into the car for more tests, then if it works ... wa la.

Here's the UQ site, although I know that they're testing a Garrett turbo at the moment. Look for some of the other unis that compete.

http://www.uq.edu.au/fsae/
Old 09-08-2005, 12:50 AM   #43
Wally
I Know More Than You

streetfreakz what are the specs? Presumably putting a 60l/s @ 2psi head on a 300kW engine would be detrimental in terms of losses. How much parasitic loss is there = what is the net gain?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:42 AM   #44
streetfreakz
CF Newbie

thank you for the info as far as the specs go, you should go to our site for more info on that. <Link Removed>

Last edited by Cliffy : 11-25-2005 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:07 AM   #45
Wally
I Know More Than You

Now see you have a product and you refer people to a site instead of just supplying the detail, which should be very easy for you. A product doesn't sell itself you know.