Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

new bmw 3 series cabriolet... looks pissed

Wow, I knew it would look exactly like the new 3 series coupe of course but for some reason when I saw the pic I was shocked at how awesome it looks.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futur...ew3convertible

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
True_Brit
Has a new job!

what did he say now that you want a Lotus???

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:56 AM   #3
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
what did he say now that you want a Lotus???

He said if I do well academically for this semester and next I can have any car I want. (which I am gonna do anyways, but I am impatient)

I am deciding if I should get a job, get a loan and buy it myself for a really high interest rate and then let him take over if he wants at some point.

I only have classes 2 days a week because I crammed them all into two days, and between money my dad gives me and a job I could buy almost any car..as long as I can get a loan.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/

There's some good pics of the car. I haven't seen one yet, but the pics certainly look great. Have fun with it!

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 11-04-2006, 05:58 AM   #5
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/

There's some good pics of the car. I haven't seen one yet, but the pics certainly look great. Have fun with it!
Wow I swear I not only posted on this thread but there were more posts as well.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #6
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
Wow I swear I not only posted on this thread but there were more posts as well.
someone must have deleted them because i posted quoting you saying comparing the vette to the bmw is like comparing apples and bricks! i remember because i said "is the BMW the brick"

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I like the look of the new 3-Series cabby....however, all Convertible's of that type seem to look the same these days...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 11-04-2006, 02:03 PM   #8
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I like the look of the new 3-Series cabby....however, all Convertible's of that type seem to look the same these days...

Yeah, it's why I prefer roadsters.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Yeah, it's why I prefer roadsters.
yet most new roadsters look the same! alot of vehicles look the same nowadays! i can give you an example with commercial vans!

new mercedes sprinter

volkswagen crafter

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Old 11-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
yet most new roadsters look the same! alot of vehicles look the same nowadays! i can give you an example with commercial vans!

volkswagen crafter
....New Transit, too

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 11-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #11
True_Brit
Has a new job!

dont mock the tranny! (although i do agree)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Old 11-06-2006, 01:11 AM   #12
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsta
According to you, you have a 2006 325Ci Convertible on the way. Why did you purchase an out-dated vehicle design? This isn't a flame, but a question.

Despite Bronxie's long and complicated explanation, buying a car that is the last year of its generation is usually a good idea, because the company has had a chance to work out all the bugs. So its likely that Bronxie's 2006 is the best year for that car. And its likely that the 2007 will be the worst of the new generation.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:21 AM   #13
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Well, I actually have had it for a couple months.

You think I didn't know this was coming? Of course I did.

This was kind of how it went down, dad is in my room watching tv for some reason and I'm on my computer researching cars.

June 2006

ME: Dad, are you gonna get me a car?

DAD: No.

ME: You said you would, though, if I gave my other BMW to my sister to use.

DAD: Let me think about it.

ME: (making case to dad to get me a z4)

DAD: Do you want the 330? [sedan]

ME: No, that's basically the same car you got me last time, I want a convertible.

DAD: OK, call the dealer and tell him you want a 325ci convertible for 37 grand. see what he says.

ME: (not in any position to say no and surprised at the suggestion because it's more expensive, I call quickly, figuring this car is better than none and I better not ruin my chances)

We do the negotiations over the phone and we get it leased for 650/mo with 15k miles a year. They had none at all so I decided to custom order it a few days later.

8 weeks pass...

ME: Dad, I kind of don't want that car. It's slow, heavy, old styling, and it's an automatic.

DAD: WHAT THE ****? STOP THINKING ABOUT CARS AND WORRY ABOUT SCHOOL.

ME: The z4 is like 8k cheaper. I don't even need any options I can get a base model.

DAD: NO. Insurance = high. (hangs up)

Basically at that point I didn't have a choice. Yes, I had told him it was OK to get it for me but during that 8 weeks I had like a car revelation. My whole view of cars changed and my "car identity developed."

I suppose had I called the dealer and proved to my dad that the z4 was cheaper he might have considered it, but I was very pressured because obviously I was without a car and tired of driving my stepmom's suv around.

So in case anyone else was wondering...there you go.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? Don't remember you telling us and I was just wondering.

EDIT: Nvm, your profile says it, ignore the question. Your parents must be well of though to buy you a 37K out of nowhere. Not flaming, just stating.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:28 AM   #14
Monsta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Despite Bronxie's long and complicated explanation, buying a car that is the last year of its generation is usually a good idea, because the company has had a chance to work out all the bugs. So its likely that Bronxie's 2006 is the best year for that car. And its likely that the 2007 will be the worst of the new generation.
"Bug" wise, yes. The 07' 3-series is likely to have more glitches than the 06'. But when both cars are functional, the improved upon newly designed 07' vehicle will usually out-please an out-going model. The driver is also getting the "newest thing" so it can be image pleasing...which seems to be popular in his part of town. Then there is the increase resale value of the new car, but he's leasing so it doesn't matter.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:32 AM   #15
Bronxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsta
"Bug" wise, yes. The 07' 3-series is likely to have more glitches than the 06'. But when both cars are functional, the improved upon newly designed 07' vehicle will usually out-please an out-going model. The driver is also getting the "newest thing" so it can be image pleasing...which seems to be popular in his part of town. Then there is the increase resale value of the new car, but he's leasing so it doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter anymore. The car is going to be deemed totaled after the insurance company looks at it.

And scratch the lotus too, you were right, it's EXTREMELY unreliable. I will save that info. for the lotus thread I posted, though.

Closed Thread